Updating vehicles

Reaction score
@ArnoldGerkin
Considering the input of a keyboard is generally digital, meaning it is either on or off, and the way Source handles vehicles is not progressive steering; making a car handle a corner at high speed compared to low speed is nearly impossible to do well. Also the scale of the map doesn't lend itself to high speeds being attainable without extreme accelerations, so higher end cars are simply not possible to make 100% perfect by any means, as they go too fast in a short distance, and then at speed obviously they need to be able to make a turn; which by the time they get to higher speeds they would need to be braking for a fair distance again. This is especially true since your F1 as mentioned is double upgraded and the fact that the F1 is the 3rd fastest car on the server, it is going to go outrageously fast, and never be able to fully reach top speed without plowing into some wall afterward.

That is all to say, no I can not improve it much beyond where it is now, if Source allowed for larger maps, this would be a much easier thing to do as we could increase the scale of all turns as to make them possible for cars such as yours, but as it is I/we have no feasible way to do this. Because if I make that car slower, then I have to adjust all other cars to be slower as well, which clearly makes starter cars extremely slow as if they weren't already.

Reaction score
Dodge Viper, it is very hard to control at high speeds, when ever I turn a corner it hugs the wall. Also, it has a very odd sound. It uses the sound found on many higher-end cars. The Dodge Viper is a modern day muscle car, therefore it should have a sound more like this.

User0

I upgraded the Honda S2000 the only thing it looks like is its harder to steer and feels heavier

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
the range rover has better body kits then the once it actually gets on the server maybe it can get more ?
btw the crown vic spins out alot in turns

Reaction score
Not sure if it fits here, but if the GMC Vandura could be adjusted so it will have a better time going up hills. It was recently lowered from mac 50 mph to 40 mph so i wondered if weight could be adjusted in order to make it easier to get up hills etc. ?

Reaction score
Police Dodge Charger 2012 or whatever it is has sensitive steering and it is easy to over steer into a wall in a straight line when making lane corrections

Deleted member 5920

The nissan 503 or something like that goes 80 mph and handles like the Lamborghini Murcielargo and yet it's 550000k? Price increase needed?

@Liam can confirm this.

Reaction score
Volvo Turbo

I think it just accelerates a little bit too slow for the sound it makes and the name 'turbo'.
It takes too long to get to 60 mph and it struggles to stay at 60 mph.

Maybe a little bit quicker acceleration on the Volvo Turbo?

Reaction score
Well i saw the bug report about being stuck when exiting which happens because of the exit location. The GMC Vandura makes you stuck on pavements etc. So i think the exit location should be made s little bit higher.

If that is how this works ofcourse.

Hax

Reaction score
Ferrari 458 Spider:

Spins out at higher speeds, low top speed compared to cheaper cars (Viper, Vantage etc).

One of the front wheels has a strange texture bug when it gets lighten up

Reaction score
I dont know if u can suggest any fixes or soemthing like that in this post but....

I know that the reason that ALOT of people simply hate the Nissan GTR is bc it turns really badly.. I have the car myself and i can say that they are right. It turns horrificly. Which leads me to drift at almost every turn instead, which usually ends up in me ramming into something.

Please improve the handling of this vehicle at some point

Reaction score
The Ferrari F50 spins out whenever turning (at regular speed). Could this be fixed as soon as possible please (if not already fixed).

EDIT: Furthermore, the car is very unstable, swaying for left to right whenever going above the speed of 60mph. The car (when going over bumps) sends the car quite high and makes it have an unstable landing (sometimes so bad where the car turns 180 degrees and hits into a wall).

Reaction score
Thanks for fixing the 458 Stephen, looking forward to seeing how it performs when the next update is out! Whats its new top speed?

Reaction score
Make the bugatti SS go faster! its not fast enough when its upgraded :) ( Joking) But seriously you should change so people can be able to change the colours on the SS wheels

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not too sure whether or not you're still tweaking vehicles, but the McLaren P1 is sadly terrible. It was better before the last update, it was somewhat manageable in the handling department, now it seems to either twitch out and crash or just not go around corners correctly.