US/North America tourism guide!

Reaction score
With tourist season right around the corner I'd imagine quite a few people within the community are making trips to the US, or North America( US and Canada lel) I figured I might as well make a guide to help out first time traveller's to the large continent with only 2 countries(like wtf??).

Transportation.
Transportation will most likely be very costly when planning a vacation to the US. Public transport here is absolutely garbage and is worse than a fat kid trying to sprint a mile, please don't be the European who asks for bus schedules, or depends solely on public transport when you are here. You are much better off using Uber or even just renting a vehicle. Although depending on which country you are coming from(Left side of the road driving countries) you will need to apply for a International Driving Permit(not the exact name) but this overall will give you much more freedom in where you can explore.

Currency
Don't try and give your filthy GBP or Euros to cashiers they will not accept your inferior forms of currency. Most stores in the US will only accept USD or Canadian Dollars, so make sure you get some.

Best spots.
Generally when traveling in the US there is a lot for everyone. If you are in comfortable around African Americans avoid going down south as there are a lot more African Americans down south and it may be uncomfortable if you are like that(Not racist some people just get uncomfortable.) Generally speaking avoid the middle of the country, there is literally nothing fucking there except for 3 things. Cows, Cow Shit, Tornados. Unless you are going to Nashville which is a pretty neat place. The west coast is deffinetly more buzzing in terms of street activity, with places like LA and SD being big tourist attractions for the herds of traffic and ridiculous prices. The east coast I fin to be a much more family suited environment. There are noticeably less amounts of parties, unless your in NYC.

Areas of the US.
The south - Consists of everything from Southcarolina to Mississippi

The crappy States under New England - Pennsylvania, New York, Maryland, Delaware, West Virginia, Virginia.

New England - Connecticut, Massachusetts, Vermont, Rhode Island, Maine, New Hampshire.

Where should you go.
If you are making a trip to the US I highly recommend travelling to New England. There is beautiful scenery, and fairly reasonable prices. Great sea food and a lot of hostoru if you are into that. I highly recommend visiting Acadia national park, it is astonishing, and offers a lot of varying in difficulty hikes and such, as well as a few beautiful beaches. Massachusetts has a lot of history, and cool museums like the a Boston museum of science which is great for the individual who likes to learn. Maine has legalized weed as long as your over 21 so if you wanna get high then come up ere. The rest is up to y'all this is after all just a guide to try and help out, and I am a redneck so prolly a bit high as of the time of writing. If you actually are interested in visiting the US and have questions please add me on steam or send me a forum PM and I can answer any questions(Yes I have causally traveled the entire country so I can accuratley answer questions.)

Reaction score
And maybe just if you are lucky you may encounter a shootout and survive lmao

Reaction score
The only reason I would go to America are the burgers even though you can get some pretty damn good burgers in Finland from some restaurants. What? I'm not fat.

All-American-Burger.jpg

Reaction score
Just remember Florida is in the south it's not part of the south, we also have disneyworld so Florida is the only good part of the US yesyes

Reaction score

Deleted member 1235

Why go America when you can go to this bad boy and experience 10x the culture. food, weather and chances of terrorist attack

700px-Europe_polar_stereographic_Caucasus_Urals_boundary.svg.png

Reaction score
Just want to post my own tip for those who plan on traveling to NYC. When walking around the city you will most likely be approached by a black man with a CD in his hand and he will try to stop and greet you. If you fall for this scam then he will give you his CD which he claims is for free but he will then ask for a couple dollars for it and if you refuse he will try to make you feel bad or come up with other ways of getting some money or in some cases even ask for it back. If you do give him some money which you shouldn't it is probably a blank disk or full of random shit. Bare in mind, not all of them are scammers as some of them are legit new rappers trying to sell their music. It's just a shame how others copy this idea just to scam others for money as this makes it harder for the legit ones to sell/get known.
@Bert should add this to your guide as NYC is a pretty popular tourist attraction. In the easy top 5 so help us Brits out pls. ;)

Reaction score
Guide to NYC
Don't go into the Bronx for gas.
Don't get hustled.
Don't go to the shitty part of queens @Aquaa @Photon.
Avoid alley ways.
Be prepared for overpriced food and expensive gas.
Don't go into the Bronx in general. Like why would you.

Reaction score
Should I bring a bullet proof vest or will that not be enough?

Reaction score
not sure if i should post this here but USA just had another school shooting in Santa Fe