Wescott's (Oliver Wescott) Enforcer Application

Reaction score
STEAM NAME: Wescott

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:86412001

IN-GAME NAME: Oliver Wescott

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER?:

Firstly, throughout the almost eight years I have been a member of PH, and over a month of playtime on the server, I have had the pleasure of meeting so many members of the community, past and present, and during this time, I have become familiar with the dynamics of the community which has allowed for me to develop my knowledge in the rules and laws of the server. Since my return in November, I have dedicated a lot of time to PLPD, and as I've climbed the ranks, I've enjoyed meeting new members of the community and helping to impart my knowledge of the rules and laws that I have built up over the past eight years.

Secondly, I have always followed the rules, never once receiving a ban, warning or blacklist in my eight years in the community. I've managed this through my knowledge of the rules and by avoiding situations that could warrant a report or AR. I enjoy interacting with the community, which is why I spend so much time as a cop, as I find it's the best way to meet and interact with the community. I enjoy helping others and seeing them progress in the community, and it helps further motivate me to do more.

Thirdly, much like most people who play on PH I play for the community and the great level of roleplay the majority of people give. Helping to enforce the servers rules and help facilitate this excellent level of roleplay we have all come to love and know PH for is one way I feel I could give back to the community and everyone who I have met along my journey. Helping to prevent that small minority of people who want to ruin people's time by not following the rules as well as educating new players of the rules is one way I feel I could best make an impact.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY?:
My activity on the discord help section is something I am trying to improve. Most of my interactions helping people are done in game as an officer either with officers or people new to the community that need help with directions, rules or laws etc in person or over OOC. But I am now checking the discord help page a few times a day and answering any questions that haven't been answered. - This is something I believe enforcers should still strive to do, not just helpers.
(Thank you Ellie for pushing me to re-apply from helper to enforcer, definitely helped with the confidence boost)

Requirements:

In order for your application to be considered you must meet the following requirements:

• Your time played on the server must be at least one week. - Yes
  • No recent in-game bans, warnings or blacklists on record, this includes both the forums and the server. (1 month) - Yes
  • You must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the server rules and laws to the extent where you can enforce them. - Yes
  • You must have access to and use a microphone. - Yes
  • You must maintain an active presence on the Discord Server. - Yes, but I am trying to improve it further.

Last edited:
Reaction score
From what I can recall, I've never seen you being a criminal, let alone a normal civilian. I don't particularly enjoy the thought of having someone who only plays cop getting a staff role, as this tends to lead to large misunderstandings behind the rules that were/werent broken by civilians. It's gotta be a -support from me.

Reaction score
From what I can recall, I've never seen you being a criminal, let alone a normal civilian. I don't particularly enjoy the thought of having someone who only plays cop getting a staff role, as this tends to lead to large misunderstandings behind the rules that were/werent broken by civilians. It's gotta be a -support from me.
In all honesty I understand, it’s only over the last month I’ve properly gotten into the criminal world on the server with Tyla, Miguel and Orson (recently). I understand the reservations but I just ask to be judged on my knowledge or the rules and my character and the promise that’ll I’ll be more active on the criminal and civilian.

I’ve been part of the community for over seven years, yes I’ve not been there the whole time but I’ve dedicated myself to the server and the members of the community over the past five/six months plus the multiple times over the years prior, if I can do more I’ll do it, I won’t see it as a denial but a way to grow. I just hope the people who know me and have interacted with me can agree and have had nothing but a positive experience.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Biased against cop players i can tell. His rule knowledge is good and is very friendly and caring i see no reason to -support someone because of what they enjoy to do on the server.

Reaction score
Biased against cop players i can tell. His rule knowledge is good and is very friendly and caring i see no reason to -support someone because of what they enjoy to do on the server.
I'm biased against cop mains. Jamie is a great helper and yet he has a fantastic balance between playing as an officer and a civilian. I have seen 0 proof of his rule knowledge being good because, how am I supposed to know? I'm simply -supporting him because I'd like to see him roleplay more as a criminal to rid my lack of doubt in being bias towards police, as well as being more understanding towards civilians making reports!

Reaction score
Wescott is an extremely friendly and helpful player. In my encounters with him, he's always polite and very friendly towards all and always willing to help people out, whether they be new players or old players. He also has a excellent understanding of the rules on top of that, he is very active on the server, never has received a ban, blacklist nor a single warning in all these years he's been part of the community.

No offense, but I'm sure he would do a better job than more than half the current staff, would highly recommend giving him this position.

Reaction score
I'm biased against cop mains. Jamie is a great helper and yet he has a fantastic balance between playing as an officer and a civilian. I have seen 0 proof of his rule knowledge being good because, how am I supposed to know? I'm simply -supporting him because I'd like to see him roleplay more as a criminal to rid my lack of doubt in being bias towards police, as well as being more understanding towards civilians making reports!
Thanks for confirming the bias appreciate it. Don't know why your bringing as an example as i see way more of crim Jamie then police Jamie. Not a good example Mr. Bias. If you took the game to know Oliver you'd see why he would be a perfect fit as an enforcer. You shouldn't disregard him just because he wants to do what he enjoys. You can be a cop main and be a great staff member which I fully believe Oliver can do that.

Reaction score
Thanks for confirming the bias appreciate it. Don't know why your bringing as an example as i see way more of crim Jamie then police Jamie. Not a good example Mr. Bias. If you took the game to know Oliver you'd see why he would be a perfect fit as an enforcer. You shouldn't disregard him just because he wants to do what he enjoys. You can be a cop main and be a great staff member which I fully believe Oliver can do that.
The majority of the time I have seen Jamie online on the server in the past month, I've seen him on cop. I am confirming my bias and I have given a perfect reason as to why, I have not said he wouldn't be a perfect fit for an enforcer, I said I'd like to see him play criminal and adjust to both sides of the coin. I am not disregarding him entirely. He seems like a perfectly alright person.

Reaction score
The majority of the time I have seen Jamie online on the server in the past month, I've seen him on cop. I am confirming my bias and I have given a perfect reason as to why, I have not said he wouldn't be a perfect fit for an enforcer, I said I'd like to see him play criminal and adjust to both sides of the coin. I am not disregarding him entirely. He seems like a perfectly alright person.
Idk seems like disregarding him to me but what do I know.

Reaction score
In all honesty I understand, it’s only over the last month I’ve properly gotten into the criminal world on the server with Tyla, Miguel and Orson. I understand the reservations but I just ask to be judge on my knowledge or the rules and my character and the promise that’ll I’ll be more active on the criminal and civilian.
Go ahead, not arguing against anyone

Reaction score
agreed

i think "maining" a single style of roleplay without some form of considerable experience in counterpart styles counts negatively towards candidates, and this goes both ways - if you were a crim main without any police experience this would be a similar issue

nothing will allow you to understand situations better than first-hand experience in both sides, and i can't trust someone who doesn't have extended experience from both points of view to handle and enforce the nuances of the rules fairly - not to say i believe there would be conscious & intended bias but i think subconscious bias is much harder to avoid than you think if you've only ever experienced situations from one side

obviously i don't really play much anymore so i don't actually know if you do play criminal much but by the looks of things you don't - and from past experience i've never known you to, so i would like to see you gain more experience from that point of view before i think you'd be ready for an administrative role

Reaction score
agreed

i think "maining" a single style of roleplay without some form of considerable experience in counterpart styles counts negatively towards candidates, and this goes both ways - if you were a crim main without any police experience this would be a similar issue

nothing will allow you to understand situations better than first-hand experience in both sides, and i can't trust someone who doesn't have extended experience from both points of view to handle and enforce the nuances of the rules fairly - not to say i believe there would be conscious & intended bias but i think subconscious bias is much harder to avoid than you think if you've only ever experienced situations from one side

obviously i don't really play much anymore so i don't actually know if you do play criminal much but by the looks of things you don't - and from past experience i've never known you to, so i would like to see you gain more experience from that point of view before i think you'd be ready for an administrative role
I agree to a certain extent, I’ve been part of the PH community for almost 8 years but I can say honestly when it comes to rules I understand them properly. I understand the reservations as being basically a cop main for a large portion of my time but I still understand the rules and situations behind criminal activity, much like cops. I’ve gathered the in-depth knowledge worth in the laws and used that over the last months to understand the rules to the point I can enforce them if given the opportunity. Ofc I don’t understand the intricacies to every possible situation but I understand the black and white rules and anyone who has met me in game with breaking the laws, I’ve given them equal and unbiased option to argue their case.

Last edited: