Why most people do not RP

Reaction score
That's not really what happened though was it? You and your mate ended up evading police in the RC truck numerous times, ramming police cars and running them over in the process.
That all happend way after the parking lot maybe? and I never evaded, did run a cop over though.

But I never did anything "illegal" that was involved with the parking lot.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Might wanna add the full truth to your story there buddy. You were asked multiple times to come over and you straight up refused. You ended up screaming towards officers for " RP " and then tried to evade and ran one of us over.
Ehh it is the truth? I was simply minding myself with my RP and get extremely triggerd when 5 cops came flying into my shit and jumping me for not impounding a car.

You guys knew I was doing this but yet you decided to send the whole police force to arrest me for running a supervised parking lot and ending up in staff having to open my gates etc...

Reaction score
Ehh it is the truth? I was simply minding myself with my RP and get extremely triggerd when 5 cops came flying into my shit and jumping me for not impounding a car.

You guys knew I was doing this but yet you decided to send the whole police force to arrest me for running a supervised parking lot and ending up in staff having to open my gates etc...
If you simply would have towed the car away seeing as that your job you could still continue your RP. As you were the only RC on duty at that moment until you got arrested.

Reaction score
If you simply would have towed the car away seeing as that your job you could still continue your RP. As you were the only RC on duty at that moment until you got arrested.
It was either me on-duty as RC to do my RP. or me not being on-duty anyway... whats your point?

Reaction score
It was either me on-duty as RC to do my RP. or me not being on-duty anyway... whats your point?
That the situations could of easily been avoided and that you're complaining about getting arrested in a serious RP server while you should do your job.

Reaction score
I've already been advocating for the return of roleplay for years, but RP has been gradually disappearing more and more until none of it remains now... I've made several threads about it in the past, most notably, my attempt to forcefully strike at the heart of the problem: Ban on non-roleplay organizations

However, the roleplay is dead at this point, unless the staff finally decide to take responsibility for the state of the server as it currently is. A staff member should not only enforce the rules but they should enforce the quality of roleplay just as much. That will however probably never happen as it is far more profitable for the ownership to keep things on the GTA Online in Garry's Mod status, due to the donations rolling in and newer unserious players don't have to be slowed down by any pesky roleplay that would get in the way of their VIP empowered power-growing, org-shooting, domination-seeking spree.

Its an ugly truth but it is the truth non the less. At this point, only the management can decide to change things... And they won't because it isn't in their interest.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've already been advocating for the return of roleplay for years, but RP has been gradually disappearing more and more until none of it remains now... I've made several threads about it in the past, most notably, my attempt to forcefully strike at the heart of the problem: Ban on non-roleplay organizations

However, the roleplay is dead at this point, unless the staff finally decide to take responsibility for the state of the server as it currently is. A staff member should not only enforce the rules but they should enforce the quality of roleplay just as much. That will however probably never happen as it is far more profitable for the ownership to keep things on the GTA Online in Garry's Mod status, due to the donations rolling in and newer unserious players don't have to be slowed down by any pesky roleplay that would get in the way of their VIP empowered power-growing, org-shooting, domination-seeking spree.

Its an ugly truth but it is the truth non the less. At this point, only the management can decide to change things... And they won't because it isn't in their interest.
Haha drying coke go brrrrrrr

It isn’t staff all the time that need to enforce this shit, it isn’t their job to enforce the ‘Quality of Roleplay’. They have a job to deal with rule breakers.

Its the player base themselves, a large majority need to just go up and do it themselves and the Corleones have tried doing it, many organisations have tried doing this recently but it just doesn’t work because there’s always another org that focuses on the money making aspect and shitting on that org role playing.

PERP is a proud esport and it will always stick like this until everyone does their part instead of sitting in apartments and growing.

Reaction score

It isn’t staff all the time that need to enforce this shit, it isn’t their job to enforce the ‘Quality of Roleplay’. They have a job to deal with rule breakers.

Its the player base themselves, a large majority need to just go up and do it themselves and the Corleones have tried doing it, many organisations have tried doing this recently but it just doesn’t work because there’s always another org that focuses on the money making aspect and shitting on that org role playing.

PERP is a proud esport and it will always stick like this until everyone does their part instead of sitting in apartments and growing.
first step is to ban all people who use any other resolution besides native (looking at you 4:3 fags)

Reaction score

@Kenty That's what I'm saying and what I disagree with... It should be their job to regulate RP and its quality or the lack of it.

Reaction score
@Kenty That's what I'm saying and what I disagree with... It should be their job to regulate RP and its quality or the lack of it.
They can’t force people to just ‘RP’ it’s not that fucking simple.

It’s not a dictatorship where these Esports players are gonna be forced to open up restaurants because the man in blue said so, they shouldn’t force it because it wouldn’t be fun that way. They can’t regulate the lack of it because people act how they want, what do you expect the players to do?

Their whole character and ‘life’ on perp is the whole RP, criminals and the esports players need a crackdown on the unnecessary shootouts and all that.

They could regulate the quality and crack down on the guys who just constantly carry guns on their back and assume they’re warranted then shoot cops.

What do you suggest people do or to ‘Roleplay’ or what do you suggest ‘Quality Roleplay’ is?

Reaction score
Thing with what @Ethan said, however fucking relatable it is (which it is), what do you suggest to counter it? The only way I see is by staff enforcing 3.4 more harshly which was what I and I believe others were trying to do to deter people from pulling all that “I thought I was warranted” bullshit. In terms of the rules, unless you’ve killed someone in the raid; it’s not sufficient to kill the cops over and is really just a poor excuse. With “I thought I was warranted”, unless you’ve got sufficient belief beyond all doubt that you are warranted, you shouldn’t be killing cops until you know. Even then, you need to what for; you also shouldn’t be killing cops if you’re warranted for failing to stop. However, these things just seem to slip through the cracks and people are unfortunately justified in most cases, so one of the only ways to counter it is to.. not commit crimes? Which is stupid and removes a gameplay aspect.

So to sum it up, I don’t see how we can move past the excessively killing cops besides ensuring you’re warranted, or ensuring the police are after you because of THAT reason, before killing them. Staff should definitely be more strict when dealing with people who did assume so and so without knowing, as then people will be more inclined to actually make sure they’re doing the right thing.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am going to reply to most of the people that said stuff I found interesting. I personally dislike these threads because it's all complaining and no actual proper sollutions being given.

The entire fight club incident could've been prevented if you did it at a more seclude location, had a medic to prevent life alerts and people dying (so no complaining) and not allowing a government official to join in.

@Husky
Staff team and the player base are equally at fault, staff team limits RP but the majority of players would rather flame and report over 5 minutes. Cops are as bad as org mains but refuse to believe it and think due to them holding a virtual rank they are above the other players and better at RP'ing in every way. Staff team doesn't encourage RP, event staff haven't been established despite people like myself showing an extreme interest and desire to better RP, community is literally a shit fest.
I disagree that the staff team prohibits people from roleplaying, and it saddens me to see that you perceive it this way. You have some valid opinions, and I do agree that the staff team is at fault to some extent. The event staff is still a W.I.P (as I have been told) and we have certainly moved more in the right direction from where we began in January.

@Ethan
>Decide I wanna try PERP out after a few weeks of not playing
>Feel like going cop
>Driving along, get rammed by car
>Attempt to pull car over
>Gets out and shoots me
>Ask why
>Leaving raid
>Make report about baiting police after a raid
>Carry on, whatever
>Get 911 call about needing an officer
>Arrive at call
>"Someone tried to raid Parker with a knife and bobbypin"
>Stood over body is 2 men with assault rifles and 10 more of their bootlickers inside
>Doubt.
>Cuff men as illegal transporting and don't want to get shot during investigation
>Get shot as soon as cuffs come out
>"We thought we were warranted"
>2 reports still not answered after 25 minutes and 6 staff on who can respond
>Leave cause fuck that.
>Spot myself two weeks later in a montage getting shot whilst stood still

Yeah, RP is dead, server will die. Cya.
I do not see what the exact problem is? is the staff team to slow in their responses? Is it the community that has the tendency to shoot first ask questions later. anyhow your rulebreak should've been dealt with ingame by a staff member and it saddens me that it hasn't, next time I'll keep an eye so that this doesn't happen in the future I guess.

@Lucius Husky
Tried running a supervised parking lot, was RC so I could control the parking lot a bit. Had gates set up and all. Then 5 cops come flying into my gates, arresting me for not impounding a car. I ran as I thought it was bullshit and then I got shot... while RC.... so far roleplay
The jobs that arein the game already have a rp predestined "purpose". i.e medic gives medical care, LEO's keep the city save, RC provides you with all mechanical help and assists the police in towing vehicles etc etc. The only job that has a lot of leniency in this matter is Mayor. as long as you stick within the boundaries of your job bound roleplay purpose then these situations do not occur. If you want to be more creative in your roleplay scenarios always do them as a civillian.

TL:DR dont set up giant rp situations while being a job.

@obidan66
A staff member should not only enforce the rules but they should enforce the quality of roleplay just as much.
I myself am a great advocate for roleplay, setting up different scenarios ingame, funding other player's their "missions" I and others (@Blackdown @Hayden @Mimball @curak @walnash @flugs ) set up and allowing (almost) all 'passive' RP situations, even endorsing RP. but at the end of the line that's all a (staff) member can and should do. it's not up to us or up to anyone in that matter to limit people in how they play the game. We can merely give them a taste of how we like to play it by creating situations and letting them participate in it. If we would "Enforce Rolplay" then I assume people will be more sick of it as it will be shoved down their throats. what you are saying would be the exact same as people forcing you to buy apples in a supermarket because everyone is buying bananas :p

TL:DR we cannot enforce, we should endorse.

these are all my opinions and I will not defend them in the comments, so don't bother.

bye <3

Reaction score
I can’t believe people are still complaining about no RP. That part of PERPHeads is literally extinct. Before I was CWB I made a thread encouraging awards and recognition and was told that they were talking about something in the admin meeting to promote more roleplay which I can clearly see hasn’t worked out whatsoever based on the continual bitching on the forums (that everyone has done at some point).

I think it’s time for you ACTUAL “roleplayers” to move on to FiveM to serious communities that encourage roleplay over gunplay and can offer things that GMOD just can’t. PERP isn’t what it used to be in 2014-2015 and I’m not one of the people who would just blame senior administration for the problems because I heavily believe the playerbase is a big issue. In the past few years the community was just flooded with SJW-Type players that whine and cry about every little thing. The community has been in a standstill in regards to making people happy with changes because there is no way you’re going to make everybody happy. This is true for development, PD changes (i.e, TFU) etc; people will always find SOMETHING to complain about.

tl:dr - old perp not coming back, crybaby playerbase, want rp? go play RevengeRP on FiveM

@ICEKILLER_99 @Jay @Niko @glacial @DANIEL_
Tagged everyone besides the mf that put money to revenge RP smh

Reaction score
CuaRIGbWgAAcLn8.png

View attachment 9468
i miss and love trapani pasta