Work laptop

• Thread starter Deleted member 6228
  • Start date

Deleted member 6228

Starting uni in september and I want a decent work laptop, mainly will be doing a lot of coding on it so it doesn't need to be too amazing but I'd like a nice display and keyboard, price range doesn't really matter I'm interested in anything atm,

Deleted member 6228

I was thinking about it but, over £1000 is just so much

Reaction score
I've currently got a MacBook Pro and its really good for doing school work and shit when I'm not at my PC. Do you have a specific Price range tho like up to £500, up to £1000 or £1000+?

Deleted member 6228

Is it really worth all that money tho

Reaction score
Can't be the only one that thinks that the (IBM) Lenovo Thinkpads are fucking nice for work, they look durable and have that nice clit mouse.

Depending on what you want I put some stuff together.
Lenovo ThinkPad E590 is nice with a Core i5 8265U.
Lenovo ThinkPad E495 AMD Ryzen 5 3500U has a Vega 8 and is better than the integrated graphics on the Intel version. You will get less CPU performance (not sure how much, cba to look up benchmarks) but definitely a lot more heat headroom and power efficiency which is nice for the battery.
ASUS Zenbook Flip 13" FHD i5-8265U also has some very nice design IMO

A budget would be nice, I'm just throwing 700 Euro laptops at your way at this point,

Deleted member 6228

Ideally under £1000 but I'm not fussed

Deleted member 6228

I have a £2000 pc i don't really need to game on it but thanks

Deleted member 6228

The ASUS looks nice, idk about this entire flip thing tho, if you can find anything in that sort of aesthetic I'll be interested

JRW

Reaction score
get a macbook on contract, I know EE do really good deals on anything apart from phones which is a massive fucking scam, You cant top mac for work and general office stuff

Deleted member 1235

Use pen and paper to write the code down :)

My laptop I got for uni is great

Dell Inspiron 15 5000 series

Reaction score
osmrQIk.png

bought this as a work laptop, can you really go wrong for £230? absolute bargain if you ask me

• Funny
Reactions: JRW