Ban on non-roleplay organizations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
That's not going to work, people aren't going to enjoy a different method of playing the game just because you enforce a rule that says that's how they have to do it.

The only way the server is going to go back to being about RP instead of raiding/basing is if the community as whole decides that's what they want and tries to make that change, not enforcing a rule that says they HAVE to RP.

Reaction score
@Samsterminator Well, originally the player base didn't just make a conscious choice to move from Roleplaying to... Not roleplaying in a single day. Choices were made that influenced the player base to eventually do so, as I stated in the original post above, regarding the 2015 organization change. This is why I believe that another change would eventually restore the balance from this state to its more... In my opinion functioning and intended variant.

Reaction score
@obidan66 Yes but in modern perp, raiding and basing etc IS the primary part of the game, if people want to change that they can but theres no use forcing change that isn't wanted, especially when all that will do is drive out the playerbase

Reaction score
As the old playerbase leaves, the idea of what people want in the gamemode will slowly change to what the new players want, and there's no use banning the ability to play the game as most of the new players want to play it just to make the few older players that dislike it happy

Reaction score
@Samsterminator Am I not a part of the people? I want to change that and this is the way I chose to voice that. Some are in support of my opinion, some are not. Only time will tell and ultimately we can both only guess what effect this might have on the player base as a whole.

Reaction score
Yes and No.

Orgs are what made the server popular and have always been a tad memey, perhaps its been left too long to make any actual change to it? I think other rules should be in place to support the servers player base before pushing it towards a different direction.

Now is not the time for a change like this imo.

Reaction score
Thanks for your opinion, Husky. I don't believe it has been too long to make the change, yes, it's been longer than it should have as the problem was left unchecked for a long time indeed. And you are also correct in the fact that organization has always been a bit memey, however, it has only been growing in severity with time. Mind you I am not trying to make it so that its overly serious, how you conduct yourself in-game is your own responsibility and choice if you wish to try and balance between roleplay and non-roleplay, risking being caught in a FailRP report, that is entirely on the player to decide for themselves. However, I must disagree that it wouldn't be pushing anything into a different direction, rather correcting it into its original heading as it was originally intended and for years proven to work.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I was in megalolis for fucking ages and have no real clue who u are dude sorry

Reaction score
Ive been in orgs that try too hard to be serious. Not fun, didn’t play.

As far as I’m concerned, the server is here to have fun on. As long as no ones breaking the rules.

As mingy as it might have seemed, the paralake highway patrol org are an example of this. They were having fun, and keeping a few people entertained, and even made a Thread keeping people updated on there shenanigans. All done in good faith, all documented.

Also, dunno why megalolis is on the list, you should have seen @Jamal l‘s Anime girl RP and the sweatshop RP we put @Ysauzi and @MrWoLfX through in glass co!

Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. Though I have to admit, Roleplay may still be present to some degree even in non-roleplay and OOC orgs, the roleplay is almost always based on a meme, OOC theme or simply done in an unrealistic manner. By any stretch of the definition, the example you listed with Anime girl RP, is not and could not be considered RP as it is utterly unrealistic and is mainly just FailRP / Non-RP with a theme. As far as the sweatshop goes, that is actually something which could be considered roleplay, however, I doubt it was done realistically (due to the fact it was made by an organization with an OOC theme, revolving solely around anime memes and banter), ie, building the sweatshop, RPing the production of merchandise under dangerous conditions, treating the workers in a manner appropriate to the setting, talking and acting as if it was an actual illegal manufacturing facility where human safety is neglected and labor laws are broken.

To address your argument that the server is here to have fun on. Fun is a very relative term and to many in the Roleplay community, it is fun to roleplay realistically and have real life-like interactions with deep and developed characters with their own unique stories, backgrounds, and goals that they actively strive towards. Fun is a very fluid concept and may mean something different to a lot of people. However seeing as this is a Serious Roleplay server, yes, literally says that in the title of the server itself (Perpheads PERP [Workshop DL|Highly Customized|Serious RP|TDMCar ) you could come to the conclusion that the playbase would share this same view on what is fun and why they might wish to roleplay.

Deleted member 6228

Organisations like this are the only thing keeping the server going.
As benji said, I've been in RP organisations and they sucked, it was boring and all that happened was we got shit on every day for a week until they ultimately disband. There are better ways to encourage RP then this

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. First of all, I disagree. Organizations like this did not exist for a long time in the server's history and it was doing arguably several times better than right now, for example, it used to be full every day at peak hours, the server cap was raised to 70 or maybe 80 even and the community, in general, was just booming with new players and old ones alike active and staying), that is not the case these days and comes absolutely nowhere near that state of things.

You've been here since 2017, which means at the very least 1.5 years after the change was made. While you joined for the first time the server and the quality of its roleplay were already on the decline, therefore what you probably experienced in the Roleplay focused organization you joined was probably a very watered down distorted version of what it once was or was intended to be. Also from your point of view, I see that Roleplay is not your main focus and I can probably make the assumption that what drives you on the server and keeps you coming back is the action, constant growing, raiding, the domination of other players, cooperation with your friends in those activities, etc. However, that is only a portion of what the server can and should offer as it was intended.

Lastly, you proposed a better or a number of better ways to encourage RP than my original suggestion, would you please elaborate on those in detail? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.