BBQ

Reaction score
Hello! As i'm turning 19 this weekend. i'm throwing a huge party in my backyard. We're having BBQ etc. But i lowkey want to know what your fav meat is. To grind on the bbq. and how? And for the experts who own have a bbq set. how do you prepare your stuff. do you enjoy making it? how many days before hand are you making ur meat.

For me personally i wrap my stuff up 1 or 2 days beforehand.

Please let me know. i'm curious how ya'll make it/do it

Reaction score
I love a wagyu steak, they aren’t expensive here and are a taste sensation. However, they may be more of an eat inside on a plate sort of dinner.

Otherwise, hamburgers or glizzys are the go to for a social BBQ. Do I enjoy making them? No, but they taste good.

Also corn on the cob. I know it’s not meat but they’re a must have for any BBQ in my opinion.

Reaction score
I love shashlik, I just cut chicken breasts into cubes and dunk them in a bowl with some sunflower oil, paprika powder, onion and garlic powder, salt and pepper, a tad tiny bit of liquid smoke, and probably another spice or two, cayenne and something else, dunno. Then I let that marinate while I cut the other things.

I cut thin pieces of bacon, and cut some paprika to the appropriate size of the chicken cubes as well as the onion; then I do assembling like this: onion, paprika, onion, bacon, chicken, bacon, and repeat. 3 mins each side depending on how charred you want them.

Takes a whole lot of time to make them due to the onions ( takes a long time to cut if you have tiny onions ) but they're worth it, I season them with a bit more salt cause I love salt, then for sauces, it's either garlic sauce or whiskey cocktail sauce.

Reaction score
I love a wagyu steak, they aren’t expensive here and are a taste sensation. However, they may be more of an eat inside on a plate sort of dinner.
Wagyu is like £150 per kg man, Idk where you’re getting your wagyu from. It’s expensive and if you fuck up cooking it you’re like £45-65 down the shitter.

Rump steaks are usually the meatiest with the less fat, meaning they’re chewier but still very meaty. medallion is often pretty price friendly and all round a fair steak experience. If you’ve eaten a mixed grill at spoons, it was probably a medallion. Ribeye is typically tender as fuck but fatty so if that isn’t your schtick bear that in mind.

Whenever I have a BBQ I ensure that there are the following things:
- BBQ Seasoned Chicken Leg and thighs.
- Steak, usually the 3 afforementioned varieties or sirloin.
- Tiger king prawns. Me and my dad usually cook them in shell, this gives the juices less room to escape and dry out and the shell catches the charcoal residue and most the heat.
- Corn on the cob (do not forget butter, this is very important.)
- Kebabs. Usually either cubed steak, Chicken breast, Peppers, and mushrooms.
- Crunchy Salad (don’t fucking try to barbecue the salad though like my school did when they had a BBQ)
- Potato salad (don’t bbq this)
- Sausages (we usually get at least 2 sorts, Hotdogs and Pork based ones. Pork and apple sausages are fucking lush)
- Black pudding (not if you’re squeamish to what it’s made of though, I’m the only person I know personally who eats this)
- Barbeque marinaded Pork chops. (A must have, but must be marinaded)

Things like chicken wings usually aren’t very good in the U.K but they’re getting better, if you get wings that are good quality that is. if you’re willing to splash out, ribs are an excellent option.

Things I’ve personally either eaten BBQ’d / flame grilled or cooked myself on a BBQ:
- Tuna
- Salmon (think you have to wrap it in tinfoil though)
- Potato
- Lobster tail
- Pork Belly

Reaction score
thick sliced brisket, chicken breast and sausages.

i don't understand why people would be veggies and miss the opportunity of tasting such amazing foods smh

Reaction score
I do most of the stuff mentioned by others, another banger is a fishpapillot(vispapillot) or whatever it’s called in english. Get some not so expensive fish put it in tin foil along with some sauce based on white wine, always good.

@Bnej black pudding is amazing, i always eat it with baked patatoes and applesauce tho.