Big loss in players?

Deleted member 5193

4: leave because, lets face it... this server isn't friendly to newplayers.

Sorry to say it but he isn't wrong. It's fine for the people who've been here for a while, built a deceent economy for themselves, but for anyone new it's near impossible to get started.

It would be lovely to think that for every new sweater that joins, someone is there to lend a helping hand and give them 20k or so to get started. That's what @Daigestive did for me when I first joined the community, but that's not a regular thing on PH anymore.

If I'm honest, if it wasn't for Dai helping me out then I probably would have left pretty quickly. For new players the community is difficult to get started on, getting your foot on the ladder is more of a chore than anything else. The criminal side of things can be tough.

Who wants to spend 3 months of their life just to get a higher virtual police department job?

Equally, who would want to spend 3 months of their life powergrowing and raiding to afford a flashy car? We all play here for the same reason, to get some entertainment and enjoyment from it. Cops aim to get higher in the PD, criminals aim to get better cars and weapons. It's how it is.

Reaction score
Equally, who would want to spend 3 months of their life powergrowing and raiding to afford a flashy car? We all play here for the same reason, to get some entertainment and enjoyment from it. Cops aim to get higher in the PD, criminals aim to get better cars and weapons. It's how it is.
Noone wants to spend 3 months of their life to get a supercar either xd

Deleted member 5193

Noone wants to spend 3 months of their life to get a supercar either xd
People do. They'll get one car, then look to upgrade higher and higher, or have multiple cars. It's how it goes, that's the sole purpose of it. People will earn and earn until they can afford the next best thing.

Reaction score
People do. They'll get one car, then look to upgrade higher and higher, or have multiple cars. It's how it goes, that's the sole purpose of it. People will earn and earn until they can afford the next best thing.
I wanted a P1, i then realised this is really gay and stopped growing for about 4 months.

Reaction score
As @Thomas Fredrick mentioned. It would be lovely to lend a hand to every sweater. People that are reading this if you wish to help the server. Take a minute or two and help a sweater out. I don't think I would be here unless @Mac O-Brian and AgentXD wouldn't have helped me out and taught me the basics.

Reaction score
As @Thomas Fredrick mentioned. It would be lovely to lend a hand to every sweater. People that are reading this if you wish to help the server. Take a minute or two and help a sweater out. I don't think I would be here unless @Mac O-Brian and AgentXD wouldn't have helped me out and taught me the basics.
No one helped me, i struggled for about 3 months trying to find guns at shootouts, but then i found ya boy @Alabin and it started to work out for me, then he left im pretty sure and it took me about 2 years to actually get settled, not sure why i didn't give up.

Deleted member 5193

No one helped me, i struggled for about 3 months trying to find guns at shootouts, but then i found ya boy @Alabin and it started to work out for me, then he left im pretty sure and it took me about 2 years to actually get settled, not sure why i didn't give up.
Fair enough, most people come from invitations that their friends have given them, or just from seeing it on the server list. The difference is, the people who come because their friends told them to will get given things, helped out. There's not that many people who are able to come here and enjoy themselves enough without any help at all. It's good that you stayed despite not being helped, but not many others do. That's why there's a lack of people imo.

Reaction score
In my opinion, we don't need to waste time changing the stuff. What we need to do is add more stuff so PERP doesn't go in a repeated cycle for the newer players as shown below.
1 - Finally get drugs and a PPK to defend.
2 - Get raided by a zerg
3 - Try again but you have no money to get the stuff you need.
4 - Go to shootouts to minge guns.
5 - Get banned because you actually get one but get shot by a staff member involved in the shootout.
6 - Repeat
Maybe if there was extra ways of making money that will encourage newer players to actually play the server instead of minging around after they've lost everything there wouldn't be a problem. That's probably also the reason that older players are leaving as well. They have nothing else to do but power grow and raid at the rare chance there is a raid.

Reaction score
And then a zerg comes and rapes them after they overcome all these things. I mean I bobby doors of sweaters and in the end I'll give them stuff just to help them and show that not everyone is a toxic cunt. Big ups to @XShai123 for giving a sweater an ak74u as a reverse raid gift.
You also have a zerg of people who powergrow all week whilst server=DYING and then when a holiday comes and we have MAYBE got 70 players, another zerg of retards come and raid and then midway the holiday we will have 30 players!

Reaction score
A lot of people are clear to go point fingers to a group of friends who were better at the game than anyone else. If Olsen were really the issue, why has it gotten worse since they’ve been pretty much eradicated from the server?

In all honesty I feel as if Olsen were used as an example to target the base toxicity that is in this community. It’s a pile of shit now: everybody is trying to get better in an equal sum sort of way - people wanting to succeed by others losing out. What’s really wrong: the staff team and player base just don’t work well together hence the game changes in ways the users aren’t wanting or anticipating.

Or yknow the pretty simple one:
GMod is an OLD game, not many new people are coming to it. People get bored of a game they play every day, people move on. No new people means less players, a quiet server isn’t as fun hence people don’t come back.

I think the community is far gone past the point of saving, no matter what cool new update comes out.

Oh yeah, the PD is more up it’s own ass, in terms of seriousness, that a fucking 1% businessman in US.

Reaction score
1. How come there has been such a big loss in players?
2. And how do we attract more players to the community?
3. What happens if perp keeps losing players?

1. People got bored and moved on to other games or stopped being fat virgins and started living their actual life instead of a virtual one *COUGH @Creepis COUGH* im kidding if you couldn't tell.
2. The server is already VERY unique considering everything is custom, but the server just needs more exposure. Don't be afraid to invite your other friends to PERP!
3. What happens if perp keeps losing players?
What the fuck do you think happens?

Reaction score
A lot of people are clear to go point fingers to a group of friends who were better at the game than anyone else. If Olsen were really the issue, why has it gotten worse since they’ve been pretty much eradicated from the server?

In all honesty I feel as if Olsen were used as an example to target the base toxicity that is in this community. It’s a pile of shit now: everybody is trying to get better in an equal sum sort of way - people wanting to succeed by others losing out. What’s really wrong: the staff team and player base just don’t work well together hence the game changes in ways the users aren’t wanting or anticipating.

Or yknow the pretty simple one:
GMod is an OLD game, not many new people are coming to it. People get bored of a game they play every day, people move on. No new people means less players, a quiet server isn’t as fun hence people don’t come back.

I think the community is far gone past the point of saving, no matter what cool new update comes out.

Oh yeah, the PD is more up it’s own ass, in terms of seriousness, that a fucking 1% businessman in US.
Garrys mod playerbase has remained more or less the same for a good few years so the idea that GMOD is dying is not true in my opinion. Peoples ideas of a good server etc have changed probably.

Also this whole banning people for accidents etc and harsh bans is just motivating salty ARs and IAS cuz they know they gon get a 4 week ban if its accepted or they know they gon get demoted in the PD.

I do agree with the PD being up its own ass however, much like the water cycle there appears to be a rimlick cycle in that ogre of an elitist organization.

Last edited:
Reaction score
One of the main issues I have with how the server currently is probably is the fact that no one without friends on the server can play at all lol, it's impossible for them to start this game, they buy an apartment and try putting plants down, then a big organisation comes in and raids them, and don't give me the bullshit fucking saying; I don't raid sweaters if I see it's a sweater I leave them haha LOL!!!

Because that's complete utter bullshit, I have noclip I watch atleast 10 raids every time I'm on the server and no one gives a shit if it's a sweater, the only time you react like that is if you raid or mug a sweater and a staff member puts something in LOOC about it, then you all try act like Drake in God's Plan music video lol.

I don't find PERP as >fun< as I did in 2013 and I probably never will, it was the time when I ran alongside w/ Toffelfabriken our organisation called The Chosen Few, an organisation that literally fucked everything up as we just picked up players who we knew were good, I never quit because I was here since the start and I've been a staff since late 2013 and always has this as a getaway from any issues any thoughts in my head (mainly what I should have for dinner or lunch)

One issue that perp is suffering from is people growing up along with the game, I started playing GMod when I was... 15? 16? I'm almost 20 now and the game is obviously not as popular as it was back then as new games come out.

Reaction score
Garrys mod playerbase has remained more or less the same for a good few years so the idea that GMOD is dying is not true in my opinion. Peoples ideas of a good server etc have changed probably.

I do agree with the PD being up its own ass however, much like the water cycle there appears to be a rimlick cycle in that ogre of an elitist organization.
Have you checked the server list? Russian or French is what you need to learn if you don't consider it slowly dying.

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
90% of the players making AR's/IA's is because they've lost a gun/item. So what about you can't make a RR over an AR or IA? Just take a look at the amount of AR's where they lost a gun/item. You will see the reason why people make them.
stop being salty bitches over a 12k gun