Big loss in players?

Reaction score
90% of the players making AR's/IA's is because they've lost a gun/item. So what about you can't make a RR over an AR or IA? Just take a look at the amount of AR's where they lost a gun/item. You will see the reason why people make them.

I think the staff team is already denying as many RRs as possible.

In all honesty the only issue I see with staff is that they force us not to think creatively. And just because they see a better solution to a situation it must be that way. I mean yes, it might be the best way for other players, but not all of us have good planning skills **cough** me **cough**. But I don't have any warnings recently because I kinda just go through this in my head:
1. Is my cation justifiable / how will I explain it
2. Is there another way without killing the player / disturbing the player's experience
3. How much will he cry in /ooc. If I know he'll cry so much that he'll make it seem like I raped punched him in real life then I rather skip that.

Reaction score
these plebs are overthinking it is because i have made a leave of absence as a sergeant which means omg no louise love she is so fun im not playing any more

Deleted member 4084

It's not neccessarily the banning of olsen which reduced the playercount, it was and always is the loss of interest in Garry's Mod for many people. People are constantly coming and going, returning and leaving. It's a cycle which has started for a long time, not too many new players have been on the server its' just concurrent returning players

Reaction score
Lack of occasional events; to my knowledge, this past Halloween event brought back former players (like myself) and encouraged them to converse with the newer players. Player activity sparked as a result. Consider an Easter event, bunny ears, carrot bats, chocolate eggs hunts to win with prizes (e.g. kinder eggs). I am unsure if an Easter event is in the works as I am not active at the moment but it could be fun.

Deleted member 6228

I've been saying for a long time that the server is unwelcoming to new players. The normal jobs are quite hard for a player to even get into half the time and when they do, they do not make enough money to do anything and they often get screamed at for doing even the smallest thing wrong. Nobody wants to get shouted out for not knowing how to drive correctly as a medic etc.

The PD is also just an aids fest lately and super boring. There is zero motivation to grind ranks and as a normal officer its boring as shit in raids (which is one of the main features of the server) as you just get thrown onto perimeter and get to see no real action at all.

Reaction score
okay forget what everyone said imma give u the real reasons aye.

1. the police whitelist shit
2. ppl mugging sweater vests and not giving them a chance
3. gmod is dying
4. perp is boring

Reaction score
The PD is also just an aids fest lately and super boring. There is zero motivation to grind ranks and as a normal officer its boring as shit in raids (which is one of the main features of the server) as you just get thrown onto perimeter and get to see no real action at all.

Yes but muh hyper realism, muh 47 departments, muh tactical, muh TFU.
Making things hyper realistic in the PD just contributes to the problem of boredom and grind.

Reaction score
I think the biggest issue is bigger organisations raiding people with less to no money. If they get raided it takes them maybe even a few hours to get their equipment , gun etc back. I think we should have a rule where you can't raid someone before they have 24 hours of playtime to make it fair for everyone and give them a headstart.

Deleted member 6228

Yes but muh hyper realism, muh 47 departments, muh tactical, muh TFU.
Making things hyper realistic in the PD just contributes to the problem of boredom and grind.

An even when you get high you have to play unrealistic amounts a week. I got to CPL and am currently busy revising for exams. Near the beginning of the year I was demoted instantly because I couldn't get on to make an activity report, so I have to grind an entire like 4-5 months again.

Reaction score
I think the biggest issue is bigger organisations raiding people with less to no money. If they get raided it takes them maybe even a few hours to get their equipment , gun etc back. I think we should have a rule where you can't raid someone before they have 24 hours of playtime to make it fair for everyone and give them a headstart.
I'd say first 8 hours playtime can't get you raided. I've seen it on a another server and it is quite nice for newer players.

Reaction score
1: ORG limits, no more shitty zergs where everyone who is left on the server is teamed up (ecks d).
2: STOP FUCKING MAKING IA's AND AR's OVER NOTHING, IT DOESN'T GET ANYTHING BUT LESS PEOPLE
3: PD needs to stop being too serious

but lets face it, this community is retarded and will keep dying. sorry to tell you the truth.

Now ban me for saying retarded and lose more players.
probably the realest shit ever said and good reasons why ^^

Reaction score
So my activity and my thrill in playing perp dropped severely before I went on boarding school. The reason for this is the PD. Not the whole "PD is overpowered!!" thing but because I'm very unhappy with the way the PD is being managed. I will not go in to details but as soon as I'm back from Boarding school, I will adress my issues to the police department.

Many people in the PD leave and I'm almost certain that it's the same reason. Mainly boredom and a few other things aswell. Again, I will not mention these here cause I'll be called out for "bitching and whining" but as I said, I'll adress these issues to the proper command members when I'm home in a few months.

EDIT: What I meant by same reason, I meant that alot of people that usually only play police, find it boring due to the ways the PD is being controlled and managed.

Reaction score
these plebs are overthinking it is because i have made a leave of absence as a sergeant which means omg no louise love she is so fun im not playing any more
no people see i'm banned and think, oh what person will shout at me in a cool Scottish accent now, that is not a virgin (sorry @Janice and other scots)

Reaction score
Don't get me started on how people below the rank of Lieutenant have to address people like me with "Sir" with a recent Code of Ethics change, my personality hates it and don't want to be in a position of power where my colleagues have to address me formally without risking a reprimand.
no no no hold up they mate this a thing what the actual fuck? I thought this was perp, not half life two roleplay...
It's honestly too serious and proffesional already, if we need to force roleplay on people and allow them to get shouted at if they don't adress them with sir /ma'am i doubt people will be interested in the plpd

I also haven't been on for a while now, i litteraly cannot be arsed. All i can do is drive my sorry ass around in a crown vic, hoping to get accepted into something in the PLPD, or grow drugs. Generally i hate the latter.

Reaction score
1. How come there has been such a big loss in players? - So the reasoning behind it all is that to start up drugs with new pots and fancy pots is 50k and it takes a while if you are a sweater, cus you cant craft em. Also another reasoning is that people are getting on with their lifes and actually revising for exams (smart people).
2. And how do we attract more players to the community? - People will come back after they have finished their exams, happened to me in a previous community.
3. What happens if perp keeps losing players?
- We dont know, and i dont think we want the answer to this question. The only people that can answer this question is staff/Fredy/XQ/Steven

Reaction score
You cant deny it, Perp is losing their players and we all want that to change.

Atleast thats how I think about it.
Its not dying, its getting weaker...

Reaction score
2. And how do we attract more players to the community? - People will come back after they have finished their exams, happened to me in a previous community.

So now its exams huh.
It wasn't a long while ago people were pinning the servers demise on other reasons, like wait until the holidays etcetera. This is the Easter holidays for me anyway, and yesterday the server only hit 41 people.