Community Discussion - What do you want?

Ayjay

Reaction score

style-logo.png

Community Discussion - What do you want?
A lack of discussion between the staff team and the community has been apparent for a long time now, it's important that we get your input on the prevalent issues
and concerns that you all have so we can work toward fixing these. This thread will be an opportunity for Senior Administration to respond to your questions and queries.

I hope this thread can generate some positive discussion, and won't turn into a massive bitch-fest. We really want to see what you guys want, so I do ask that you remain
respectful and dignified when posting here.

For housekeeping sake, can we try keep the topic of this thread around these main issues:

• Gameplay Suggestions & Discussion
  • Rules Discussion (including enforcement)
  • In-Game Organisations
  • Paralake Police Department
  • Staff Team

@TinySlayer and I will do our best to respond to your questions and ideas, please ensure you detail your responses prior to posting!

All meme posts and silly posts will be deleted.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
- More organisations
- Organisations level up like clash of clans xd
- Less people relying on police or tfu for a free shootout because they struggle off duty.
-Dont know why a pistol is better than most 556 rifles long range. Fix horizontal recoil spread.

Ayjay

Reaction score
Fredy and I are going to be working on organisations together once he's released the stuff he's working on. One thing we certainly want is some form of levelling system which will hopefully add more incentive to being in an org. A few other things that are being discussed are:

• Hard limit on organisation members (smaller orgs)
  • Levelling System, XP given by doing various activities (XP = levels, levels = perks)
  • Ally / Enemy system, and possibly related rules or mechanics in place to infuse org wars / allied orgs.
We'd love input on these ideas before I draft up the final thing and send it to Fredy for development.

Ayjay

Reaction score
Yeah this is certainly true, but development is hard given the fact that we don't have many developers. Hiring more developers isn't really an option either, as the server doesn't generate enough income to justify this. We're trying to prioritise the things that people want (hence the thread). Spare time can be hard to come by after 6+ years of development and of course other responsibilities IRL. I plan on going through ideas & suggestions with the staff team at some point with @TinySlayer and the admin team so we can pick out the good ones and get them in a priority list for development.

@KeiwaM this should answer your question too!

Reaction score
I would say when someone is first starting on the server, it is very difficult for them to get the grips of things, the only reason why I believed I stayed was due to me joining along with a few friends such as @Dom_ , @Thomas Fredrick and a few others which don't play anymore. If you join on your own, it is very hard to get involved with things such as joining new orgs and actually enjoying your self.

Reaction score
Revert the rifle marksmanship to how it was since its then alot better like u could control your spray even at a very low rifle marks.

Ayjay

Reaction score
I've been putting it off for a while, but a big priority of mine is to get the help resource out in the form of a wiki and throwing everything relevant to the game-mode inside it. We need something like this to make sure that new players have a reference for the core mechanics of the game, which hopefully will retain them and get them on their feet in no time.

Other mechanics that could be developed is also something worth thinking about. Having a "tutorial-mode" where new players can take part in a Runescape-esque tutorial, where they complete a checklist of relevant things prior to being able to interact with other players has been talked about. They wouldn't be able to see other players, nor would other players be able to see them (this could of course optional, but certainly beneficial for new players)

Zoephix

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Staff Team: I must admit the staff team here is better than most servers I have played on, however unprofessional staff remains (Which I am not going to name specifically).

For example, they give you 24 hours to send evidence not caring about if you even have time to do so. It's a little presumptious to assume that other people will work their lives around your given time.

In Game Organisations: Perhaps limit the amount of people being able/being allowed to participate in an organisation. I feel like a lot of organisations are trying to take control of Paralake, which is not good gameplay wise.

Paralake Police Department: The Police Department could have a lot of improvements, superiors within the Police Department sometimes have too much power, E.G allowing them to hand citizens 10K tickets for failing to cooperate which is excessive.

The Police Department also isn't respected within the city by citizens, due to many officers being ignorant and uncaring. What I have seen happening lately was a police officer going Code 3 crashing into a citizens vehicle totally wrecking it, the officer couldn't care enough and drove off without even providing medical attention or compensation. Which is yet another example of unprofessionalism, citizens feeling powerless.

Yes there is an internal affairs system, no it shouldn't be refered to as only option by every supervisor/officer. Its basically saying: "I don't give a shit, go make an IA and find out for yourself" Its a pain to make an internal affair and go through all the processing, while people could take their time and deal with it properly IC instead of redirecting every citizen to the internal affairs.

Reaction score
Be more consistent, one of the key factors for unbanning the folks recently was that the would NOT remake olsen. One day after that, Olsen is back and you're part of it. Olsen was cancer for the community, and its already making a repeat. At later hours not a single cop goes on duty anymore and you got absolutely nobody to raid because everybody is in one big org. If it continues like this it will gradually kill the server as no competition will result in boredom and boredom will result... in mass rdm ;)?

Find a way to create competition, or even add some npc shootouts maybe if its not possible vs players

Ayjay

Reaction score
We try ensure our staff remain at the highest possible standard, but sometimes it can be hard to monitor individual progress and quality of our staff members. I plan on doing a lot of things behind the scenes to ensure that staff are remaining professional, are knowledgeable in all aspects of the community and server and also aren't letting standards slip. Reviews are something I personally believe would be beneficial, having quarterly talks with each of our staff members on their performance is definitely something I want to introduce. Staff complaints are also the best way to ensure that Staff Members are being closely watched by Senior Administration, so you can rest assured that each staff complaint will certainly have at least some effect.

As for the Police Department, I do agree with some aspects of your post - Officers do need to be regularly watched by their superiors and critiqued on negative behaviour, I have a few things planned to move more responsibilities to supervisory officers and also ensure that they understand that their role is to observe and provide feedback to officers under their supervision. I hope to decrease the amount of Internal Affairs complaints overall and move more of this kind of thing in-game, so it can be solved quickly.

The quality of Officers is also a massive issue, we've seen general standards drop since unwhitelisting the Officer role. I plan on working with @TinySlayer and @Samuel to combat these negative effects, and improve overall training and knowledge of all officers. This may result in us being stricter, but I believe this is necessary in the long run if we want competent Officers running around the server.

Deleted member 1235

Fix the discrepancy in enforcement of forum rules. Without naming any names, certain staff members are very quick to issue warnings or forum bans for things other staff members would let slide.

The variations have become quite noticeable and there have been cases where a staff member has viewed a shoutbox message or forum post and not taken action, whilst hours later a different staff member comes online and either takes offence or tries to apply the rules to what was said.

I understand why we have forum rules, they're there to create order and protect people from bullying and a 'shit fest' so we don't end up like 4chan or something. However it's worth remembering this is the internet, and people speak more freely, and regardless of what's being discussed on the shoutbox for example someone's always going to be offended.

Also clearer transparency on how forum rules are enforced, what's a typical punishment for certain infringements? Same perhaps could be said for the server rules but I've not played in a long time so it's hard to tell.

Reaction score
unbanning olsen was like the season 8 of got, its funny how they've manipulated you already to unban their friends

Reaction score
Certain PLPD cars need to be changed, you could add in certain cars that are already in to replace them.

Ayjay

Reaction score
The people who have been unbanned recently have not played for an extremely long time, it's true that the presence of many of these players caused a massive backlash a year back, but I do believe that everybody deserves another chance. After speaking to each person that has come back recently, it's quite apparent that they want to genuinely improve the state of the server and add some incentive to organisation related gameplay. As said in one of my replies above, we do plan on lowering the capacity of organisations so we have smaller organisations so players are more spread out and not in one giant zerg. I hope that we can improve organisations, and competition throughout the server thrives. Balanced gameplay between criminals and the PD is extremely important, and being prominent in both gives me a rough idea of what needs to be changed.

Reaction score
Its relevant because olsen dominate the server and don't let anyone new into the food chain

Reaction score
Some staff members can be really bitchy about some posts which some staff members will let slide, for example, a while back when one of my mates got staff, I wrote on their profile along the lines of "Err, who would give you staff???" clearly if you have some sort of intelligence you would also believe this is a joke, clearly not this post got deleted and I think I received a warning.