POLL AND DEEP DISCUSSION: Is Family Guy funny?

Is Family guy funny

• Yeah very

Votes: 10 22.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • Kinda

Votes: 18 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 11.1%
  • FUCK FAMILY GUY

Votes: 1 2.2%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Is family guy funny? Personally I think it is but theres aspects about it that I hate.

Personally I'm glad of some of the changes they made to the actual show itself, such as Brian, instead of being Seth MacFarlane's liberal political mouthpiece and being portrayed as an actual intellectual, his character got shifted into more of a "Self appointed intellectual".

But personally there's moments in some family guy episodes that we're supposed to be funny that just weren't, and the joke keeps on running and running, such as this:
Yeah, its a reference to an older song from the musical "Robin and the 7 hoods" and I guess its clever, But Personally the joke wears thin about 15 seconds in, we get the reference, but it goes on for a solid 4 minutes.

I dunno, Its a good show, but I can't call it a great one, and there's certain episodes that I find so tedious that I've seen before that I'd rather hammer nails into my balls than rewatch.

Deleted member 5920

The earlier seasons were amazing but the latest seasons are not as great but they still have some good moments. Personally prefer American Dad.

Reaction score
  • Staff
It still confuses me how American Dad is less popular than family guy, but that could be because family guy came first.

Reaction score
It is pretty clever but it's not subtle, personally I prefer "in-your-face" humour.

Reaction score
South park is really quick to jump onto current world affairs tbh.

Deleted member 1235

I don't mind family guy, not as funny as it used to be but it may just be because I've grown up.

It's very different to British humour, which relies on inneuendos and subtly for their jokes. I understand family guys is a 25 minute cartoon so it's not gonna be as subtle.

Personally I prefer British comedies which didn't reply on swearing or actual offensive jokes such as Dad's army, Fawlty Towers, Only Fools and Horses etc.

Oh and Little Britain. My sister's ex German boyfriend tried to watch it with us and didn't understand 99% of the jokes. Most foreign people don't.

Reaction score
╭━┳━╭━╭━╮╮
┃┈┈┈┣▅╋▅┫┃
┃┈┃┈╰━╰━━━━━━╮
╰┳╯┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈◢▉◣
╲┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈▉▉▉
╲┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈◥▉◤
╲┃┈┈┈┈╭━┳━━━━╯
╲┣━━━━━━┫
liberal

Reaction score
Family Guy being funny?

I just hate the style of the show where every character has to wait for their turn to speak, they just stare at each other lifelessly. It did spawn PeterExplainsTheJoke which is nice.