SOLVED *Urgent* PC won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello
I've explained it in this wonderful video that's really professional like.

I didn't see the wattage on my Power Supply lol

Reaction score
d7450b8bde1427ec46d8508399555ac2.png

Sexy beast spotted

Reaction score
  • Staff
Might be your GPU. Also there are no beep codes indicating that anything is wrong? Have you tried pressing the buttons on your monitor to see if it actually uses the right input?

My PC doesn't beep to tell you if something is wrong (just the way the motherboard was built). The monitor is definitely on HDMI because thats what my PC runs.

It's booted now but I'm worried it might conk out again. Please keep the suggestions coming peeps!

Reaction score
You should check your Motherboard outputs. Your Keyboard and mouse could be due to a failure in USB outputs and your monitor could eventually be a problem with the connection to the graphic cards.

Reaction score
I had this problem when building my computer. The fans all spin up. The way to fix this is to make sure the four pin connector is plugged into your mother board yet it could also be a faulty 4-pin connector connecting the PSU to the motherboard or to the processor itself. My problem was that I plugged in the Mobo but forgot to plug in the CPU's 4-pin connector. Hope this helps.
efb99823300cd01e8418928001ef9319.png

Reaction score
PC not booting no problem slip on some boots and well boot it.

For your computer to boot it usually needs a source to do it mainly your hard drive. However if the problem is your power supply the bad regulation of power could account for it not booting most of the time. I would say check the connections between the motherboard and the hard drive however since nothing at all is comming up then its not getting the chance to load it up. Have you been in your computers innards prior to the booting issues the constant tinkering could be causing static which computers hate.

I believe that anything else which could cause this has already been meantioned but please report any other symptoms or unusual activity for your computer. That or you have a virus in your hard drive that is interupting your booting, I have already heard several cases of it.

Anything else that you believe may have caused it no matter how small let us know.

Reaction score
I'm not a geni at this, but have you tried checking the connection to the harddrive? If there isn't any connection, then the computer wouldn't be able to boot up properly. As seen here;
25e0236cbd.png
the booting system is also stored on the harddrive that you are running your system on(Partition C: in my case.).

If 'Disk 0' isn't plugged in correctly, the computer won't be able to access the C: partition, which may be the issue.

I'm not a computer genius, and i think the answer to your question has a better chance of being further above in this thread, but this is just what i was thinking.

Reaction score
It's ok guys I found the problem

I plugged my graphics card connectors in the wrong slots lol

thanks. This might come in useful for some other poor unfortunate soul like myself...

Status
Not open for further replies.