Why aren't you playing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayjay

Reaction score

style-logo.png

Rather than us trying to guess why the server population is dropping recently, why not ask you directly the reason behind you not wanting to hop on the server to play. I hope this gives us a better understanding of exactly what we need to do to improve player counts. You guys are the ones this community and gamemode is for, so who better to ask?

Posters which fuel arguments, are generally toxic or post unconstructive/memey posts will be banned from the forums.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Tbh, I don't quite think this thread completely hits the mark in trying to ask why people have stopped playing
I think there are several problems:
1. People are burnt out after playing for years and no actual significant changes
2. People are simply playing other games
3. In correlation with point 2, games like Arma and GTA can offer a better RP experience
4. In correlation with point 2 and 3, GMOD is a dinosaur of a game and newer games are more appealing to the young'uns

Ayjay

Reaction score
The lack of options on the poll is down to there being a maximum you can add, that's why I left the thread open for replies!

Reaction score
Every time something new is added, like the courier update or the fishing update, everyone jumps on it and the after a week no one is using it at all. You guys should think really hard about what will last a longer time then develop it.

Reaction score
PD is a bit bad, unnamed people running around throwing 10k tickets at everyone and maxing. More RP would be good, maybe add a reward for people who RP good so more people want to do it, right now it is just a modified version of DarkRP.

Reaction score
As with all games, to retain people's interests you need to have regular content updates to keep things fresh and to attract new and returning players. Unfortunately for Perpheads the owners have grown up and no longer have the time to dedicate to making updates. Tinyslayer has been doing a good job with regular bug fixes and a decent sized update here and there but there hasn't been anything major for some time now. As a result the server grows stale, people get burnt out and leave and the playerbase dips.

Now persons of the lower IQ will claim that the PD/Staff Team/Banning Olsen/Drug Update/TFU OP killed the server but in reality it seems to have been a slow decline ever since the owners took a step back from their baby.

And that's life, we all move on at some point.

Reaction score
As a person who's played since the start. I've seen people from 2014-2015 players leave the community as we know almost every inch of the game. The only thing that can offer something enjoyable is our own creative "roleplay" scenarios. I've already spoke about how we made a fightclub-ish inspired betting behind the bank which brought many people in and it was very fun. It did break some rules (prop placement) but at least we did it because there's literally nothing else to do other than COPS VS ROBBERS. Many of mine and others roleplay scenarios are ruined by either staff telling us to fuck off (figuratively) or mingey players ruining everything.

I know staff are just doing their job, but some of these rule limits are limiting our imagination and creativity. I'm not saying REMOVE THE RULES, but rather let staff use their "staff discretion" and let them think "hmm, they're roleplaying and it's not complete cancer, why not?". We've already had a thread about this.

I also know many players that have an issue with who's leading the PLPD and general bias. We used to have a Paralake Senate that probably should have the ability to choose this but it's already dead. I won't go into detail on this because it's been discussed many times before.

Updates and new content is also important. Back in 2013-2014 StephenPuffs had this idea of Player-Owned Economy which would bring in many more legal jobs and opportunities for some ACTUAL ROLEPLAY SCENARIOS. This thread was however deleted and after questioning him on it, he told me that he has other projects and such. We've had some fun updates in the past (drug system, moon, etc) but the hype quickly dies out after a week. I think we need to take a step back and focus on content that will last long-term.

Reaction score
Add in more legal jobs that would make money. Make fishing less of a pain in the ass (selling fish is a nightmare unless you use a transit). I think a farm worker would be a great job. I think the player owned economy idea is also a fantastic thing, and i'm sad it's gone now.

Reaction score
Last December we got promised that we would see plenty more updates in the coming months. Maybe my expectations are a bit greedy or different from others, but in my eyes that promise really wasn't lived up to. I get it, this stuff can't just magically appear out of nowhere, and it takes time to make things from scratch, but I would rather we didn't get lied to about "more consistent" updates months back, when that really hasn't been the case. If it weren't for Tiny we would probably be sitting at 2 or 3 updates a year. If the owners don't have time to spend making stuff for the community then I would rather they just admit it rather than trying to trip people into playing again because "an update is coming soon".

Besides it seems like even the owners forgot the anniversary of their very own community a few weeks back... shows a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.