Why aren't you playing (pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayjay

Reaction score
style-logo.png

Hey guys,

My last post gained a lot of traction and (some of) the responses were relatively constructive. The player count has clearly dwindled even from that post,
and it's important that we come to a conclusion of exactly what needs to happen in order to draw you guys back in.

This follow up post is aimed more towards narrowing down what needs to be done from both a development and an administration perspective. I have selected
a number of topics which were the most prevalent in the previous thread, this will be the subject matter for this discussion.

Once we have a clear consensus on the direction and approach we should take, senior administration and the development team will attempt to resolve these issues via the most requested method(s).

Can we ensure the discussion stays on track with these topics:

• Material Prices
    Many members of the community believe that material prices are too high and the loss of guns or other items makes doing criminal activities worthless and less enjoyable.
    What direction should we take when it comes to material prices, should they remain the same or be lowered?
  • Police Department
    Many members of the community believe that the Police Department has become too complicated and the previous simple nature of the job made it more enjoyable.
    What specific approaches can we take toward improving the police department for the better, and making this kind of role-play more fun for both sides?

• Lack of roleplay
    Many members of the community believe that role play is somewhat discouraged and/or limited, this is a huge factor in many people not wanting to play the server.
    What exactly needs to be done in order for roleplay to be improved?

• Legal opportunities
    Many members of the community believe that there is a distinct lack of legal opportunities to explore in-game.
    What legal opportunities need to be added, or which current ones need to be altered/changed?

• Gunplay
    Many members of the community believe that rifle marksmanship needs to be changed, or have highlighted other issues with guns generally.
    In terms of gunplay, what exactly needs to be changed?

I have purposely left out a few things that have already been addressed / are in the pipeline to be solved, this includes: map updates, organisations & lack of development. Any posts that do not follow the above topics will be deleted, this isn't the place to go off on a rant.

I have also set up a google form, please do respond to this and be honest with your answers - This is simply to get a rough idea of what you guys want, leave more detailed responses in this thread.

Thank you.

Reaction score
Can i make another suggestion topic that can also be relevant, such as big orgs going and raiding newer players, such as Doms org raiding a smaller org/new players that have around a week playtime. I feel like if newer players have guarantee protection for 72 hour ingame time, meaning they cant be mugged/raided, when this is happening, the property they own cannot be crowbarred/bobby pinned, but can be battery rammed. Personally material prices are way too high, you are trying to craft a decent gun, realise its 25% taxes, oh i only got 17k, enough for my weapon on 0% taxes, and i cant make money without being able to protect myself. Legal opportunities, around what, we have taxi driver, medic, police, SS, roadcrew worker, mayor, ff, courier. Do we need more? Sure there can be possible a fisherman job, so then you cant be mugged, nor can the fishing rods you own be stolen via big fish. Gun play with certain weapons needs to be nerfed and buffed. Certain guns you can put attachments on irl, but in perp you cannot. I know that a certain scope (i cant remember what scope) is bugged on certain weapons (i cant remember what weapons, they were mainly rifles/high power SRs), it needs to be fixed. There can be multiple guns added in after 100 fire arms level as i can only see around 4-5 weapons, and they are all snipers.

Reaction score
<3

Honestly, the game was at it’s prime when it was so simple, and I’m sure people like @Standish @Madda @LEWIS 088 @ChewKokLong420 @Loejseren whos been here ever since I can remember, knows how it really was back then and can agree with me. You used the AK/M4/Sniper and nades, no marksmanship to complicate shit or the need for attachments, everything was pure skill & player based back then, we all had to come up with shit on our own, and we made it fun.

PD was really simple, anyone could join and enjoy it, that’s how you get players to stay, if you come and and got nothing to do except try and make money by growing and getting raided, they’ll leave in a heartbeat. Try and maybe make other jobs more payable, taxi, tow truck, medic, and all that. I just personally think, the game shouldn’t be focused on the ranking system and playtime too much, let the people have fun honestly.

I can tell you right now, the older people who plays/joins, who has jobs, wifes/girlfriends, and a life, won’t grind for 2-3 months to become a decent rank in PD just to join TFU for an example.

Honestly prices etc can always be changed but they weren’t an issue, just focus on the simple things. Map change, make it a little more old school, PD, weapons and play style wise, it will be positive in the end and I can assure you on that.

The changes has to be to make it all simpler for people to play the game, it’s Garry’s mod we’re talking about, it’s not a Hardcore GTA 5 RP Server.

People wants to hop on for a few hours to enjoy the server, like the way it used to be. Hop on and be SWAT for a few hours, or hop on to be with the boys and do a heist or raid other gangs. That’s what needs to be the focus, what do you guys have to do to get people to hop on for a few hours everyday. Sure, map content is cool, but it won’t help in the end game.

Everything has been way too focused on PD the last year(s), so it’s overcomplicated, remove TFU and add SWAT back, make PD simple without the 10 ranks and departments or just make it open for officers to join. Just a quick idea and response, and I’m sure most of the people feel the same way who’s been here since the beginning of this community.

Attachments

• 8DA67C5E-CD74-42BB-B67C-3CB5764A179C.png
    8DA67C5E-CD74-42BB-B67C-3CB5764A179C.png
    371.6 KB · Views: 57
  • F6290612-3925-40F0-BA3A-65953CA64D9F.png
    F6290612-3925-40F0-BA3A-65953CA64D9F.png
    319.4 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:

Ayjay

Reaction score
  • The idea of giving new players protection and them having some form of "new player" tag above their head has been floating around for a while. How would we ensure that older players don't use new players to buy their properties so they can grow without being raided?

• What weapons need to be buffed / nerfed?

• Would making 'fishermen' immune from being mugged remove all risk & provide an extremely easy way to make money?

PS: I'd prefer for us not to start an argument regarding anecdotal bias in the PD in this thread, so I've removed your last point.

Reaction score
In Terms of Legal Opportunities:
Suggestions have been made for them. Yet don't really get looked at.
Lack Of RP:
Players feel they are too restricted when it comes to role-playing. @The HitMan Felt this when he tried to do a Roadwork RP But people crash into it. There needs to be an improvement in this else it gets boring
Criminal RP:
People like Criminal RP, But there are way too many issues with it. People hate losing guns and things which aren't great. There should be a balance between the PD And Criminal Side.
Police Department:
People feel it's sort of restrictive, I feel it isn't in some ways but can be in others. It feels like a fully based Clan. It needs to be made simpler. For ranks, Maybe Officer should be an In-game application and for Senior Officer it's based on A Academy Sort of way but for Patrol Trainers and Road Traffic Trainers.
More issues that arise with the PD Seem to mean people are really strict with it, It's roleplaying, Yes I understand that, but people don't understand that you can have fun as long as you don't harm or break policies.
Material Prices:
I generally Don't craft a lot but feel they do need to be lowed

Thats all.

Reaction score
I think reverting things to how they once were would really help the server, obviously people would only play because of nostalgia but the high player count would attract new players and help rebuild the playerbase. And then try to develop the server further based on the qualities everyone enjoyed 2-3 years ago.

And honestly just fucking remove marksmanship already it's such a dogshit system nobody fucking likes it

Reaction score
I mean, i asked around, and dual account on server aint allowed, meaning 2 accounts happening at the same time on at the same time. Ofcourse staff can check IP. There is a few weapons, cant remember off top of my head. The fisherman catches different fish to cod/trout/salmon, meaning there will be a seperate NPC which they can sell it to.

Reaction score
Marksmanship is too complicated, remove it and give everyone 20-50% of the levels worth they have in sniper ammo price back (in money).

We also need more updates, the server has lack of new content.

Also revert PD back to where it was in around 2014-2015, it's too complicated now, because we all know there is something not completely correct with the current PD system.

DON'T LOWER MAT PRICES
Making money is piss easy, I can make 100k in an hour, they are fine as they are

It's a very short comment, but it's just summed up, and it is what we need.

Also @Daft Punk , @Dom_ his org, barely raid sweaters, now you talk out your ass, they help sweaters quite often lmao

Reaction score
@Robin Ljungberg we shouldn't revert to v2, we should instead focus on adding the GOOD old things, there are many new features that are amazing, and the new guns are better, we just need to remove stupid things like marksmanship, I spent over around 800k to get 100 which is ridiculous

Reaction score
I’m not saying make it v2 vanilla with only old weapons, I’m just saying it needs to be changed for the more simpler option, because right now, someone that joins can’t play the game

Reaction score
ite gon be real

the marksmanship stuff is fkn stupid. new players buying n wasting all their cash on a fkn mac only to realize that u cant shoot it properly due to ur lvl. fuck that shit on god.

(I joined 6 years ago and i still cant fkn shoot a rifle without the recoil fucking me up lmfaoo)

another reason is that i havent seen any PROPER rp(passive and gang-related) in a while. In v1 the ORG pages used to actually have some meaning. Defending ur base against enemy organisation and posting their defeat on their org page was amazing shit

oh and lastly
evocity is way better and thats on god

Last edited:

bobo

Communication Banned
Reaction score
We went over this for a while and everyone already mentioned why they're not playing and why they're not interested in the community anymore, the devs ignored that multiple times literally what we mentioned last time nothing changed since then, so why should people now waste their time to write down what the devs should do to save the community when we already mentioned everything in the last time, you can simply look back and work on the things we already mentioned.

And i personally not interested in the community anymore because what's left now is just some salty cop mains who probably sitting at the pd right now waiting for someone to connect on the server and break a 3.4, no thanks i'll just wait for the OG's to return then i'll join back.

Ayjay

Reaction score
If you read the post you'd understand we're already working on some of the things that stop people playing. This follow up post is quite simply to narrow down specifically what people want, as previously the question was more broad and specifics weren't given. We could jump the gun and make huge gameplay changes without asking for specifications from the player base but there would be absolutely no logic in that.

You haven't been ignored, and this very post is somebody who is attempting to resolve the issues by further engaging with the community and getting a clearer picture, rather than us making changes that you don't want. If you don't like that, quite frankly you can go have a bitch and a moan elsewhere and get off my thread.

Reaction score
@Daft Punk i dont think thats what he means. What stops me basing with an IRL friend who decided to start playing on the server and abusing that?

Status
Not open for further replies.