Why aren't you playing (pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
even as part of Internal Affairs, The CC Need to be less strict on people, not everyone is perfect, everyone gets frustrated and makes mistakes or breaks a policy in the 'Heat of the moment'. Usually, during shootouts policies do get broken, like Accidentally shooting an unarmed (maybe purposely). Even if it is an accident they will probably end up giving you a written warning or some bizarre things like that.

Reaction score
I'm not gonna say whether I agree or disagree with any of this, however I believe decisions such as the ones made by CC and CoDs can be quite biased.

Now I'm not saying they're all corrupt, what I am saying is because CC is generally only compiled of just SMT, I feel their opinions don't really reflect fairly across the entire department. The lowest rank that can be apart of CC is Lt. if you are apart of IA or PSD.

I obviously don't know exactly how CC meetings are done, however, I believe putting a bunch of high ranking Officers together and allowing them to make these decisions is quite silly.

I strongly believe matters like this need to be made by a range of different people with different ranks, roles, etc. to keep things fair and unbiased, sort of like members of a jury.

Deleted member 5193

Although it isn’t right to comment on individual cases like yours, the committee aims to be as fair in their judgment as they can be. People with recent punishments are likely to receive a worse punishment than somebody who has nothing recently, and those who do something very severe are likely to be demoted / blacklisted / set to probationary because of their actions.

Our leniency in meetings is apparent to most, there’s a lot of people who mess up accidentally and they usually end up with comment cards or gentle punishments like that. We work as a team to ensure the punishment issued is fair and in most cases the punishments chosen are to help the officers improve on their mistakes.

If you (or anyone else) happen to believe that your punishment is too severe or isn’t accurate to the situation, it’s best to dispute this with the Chief of Department. Please make a ticket on PLPD Helpdesk and this can be investigated properly.

Reaction score
Back in the day when I was apart of Internal Affairs Command and attended Complaint Committee meetings, there was always focused a lot on if the officer could have done the actions accidentally or purposely. If the actions were done accidentally and the officer actually seemed apologetic about it and it seemed like he wouldn't repeat the same mistakes, actions as comment cards and reprimands were given quite often.

Reaction score
Just to add, CC meetings are always recorded so I'm pretty confident they're always executed correctly, I just feel like there should be more of a variety within the committee compared to lots of high ranking Officers.

Reaction score
I wanted to make a separate reply for this, if you've disputed the punishment and nothing came from that, despite you or anybody else having certain opinions it's extremely unlikely CC is to blame in this case.

Reaction score
Please don't put words in my mouth Lelios.. I'm obviously not saying everyone and their nan should just be able to hop into a CC meeting and start making decisions without even understanding anything about confidentiality.

This was simply an idea and you can have a discussion with @Super_ and @Momo or who ever else if you wish to discuss this idea further and discuss who should get the chance to apply for this role or so on.

This was just an idea and it isn't of any major concern of mine if this happens or not. I am completely fine with how CC functions at the moment and I was simply voicing some ideas because of someone else's unpleasant experience with CC so I was just attempting to suggest some things off the top of my head to make their experience more pleasant in the future.

Reaction score
Guess I could sorta say the same?
Was just thoroughly explaining myself that's all lmao, dont take offence mr greek
Sometimes I just like to be thorough with my posts lol

Reaction score
Despite the main reason i stopped playing being that i was banned, i used to solo when my org was offline and the majority of the time i would get my house broken into by around 3-7 people. I would sit in the back whilst getting sprayed, i would just end up getting wall banged and all my drugs would be blown up and destroyed and there was nothing i could do. No police or swat to come and help.

Reaction score
Dont blame it on orgs raiding new players cause 99% of the time we dont. if we do its a mistake and we usually give stuff or leave like dom said. The amout of time ive tried to teach a new player to play and give him stuff is crazy.... i just never see any of then coming back so i stopped.

Reaction score
i dont agree with what u said about the marksmanship, its still skill based regardless, if anything its more skillbased now cause back then anyone with a small knowladge of recoil control could pickup a gun and be good.

Deleted member 5193

The baggers situation was investigated and as a conclusion of that some of our policies and procedures were changed. You’ve not been active in the community for a long time from what I can see, so you probably wouldn’t have known this. As I’ve stated on an above post, if you have evidence of bias within the department then please bring it forward to us, we can’t be expected to investigate things we aren’t aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.