Collier's Enforcer Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I don't normally reply to these, but @Collier I don't feel you have addressed the points raised by @John Daymon fully.

In the 25 days that you were moderator, you only processed reports on 9 of these days, most of which were in your first week as Moderator. Also, your average was less than 4 reports a day, which was distinctly below the average staff member at the time.

Why is this time going to be different?
During my time as a Moderator last time, I misjudged the commitments I had in real life at the time and quickly realised that. I was nowhere near as active (especially with reports) as I wanted to be which motivated my original resignation to have more spare time in real life because I didn't feel worthy of the rank of Moderator if I wasn't going to pull my weight. This time around I have a lot more time on my hands which is also why I applied close to the summer holidays.

Reaction score
Collier, I think you're a great guy I really do. But the problem is I've been asking you to do stuff like patrol or help me out with other plpd based stuff, and you tend to agree then never do it. (especially patrols). I get it that you have some busy time in your life but you just seem a little too unreliable for me. So for that reason I don't think I can support your application. Good luck though.
Yes, but my point is a common factor. I talk to him and arrange to do things with him, and he doesn't follow though. That is what I am trying to get across. If I made a report, I'd want a staff member I know who would respond to it online. And especially what TinySlayer brought up. Averaging less than 4 reports a day is very low, and I feel that what I'm seeing is just a conformation of the same work ethic from back then.
I understand, but I never properly agreed on a time or made a complete promise to patrol with you. A main reason I haven't been able to is because of the time difference. You're usually on in the evening which is where I usually allocate time towards PD related things.

Reaction score
@Daigestive
As a matter of fact, I had worked and am working on a couple of documents over the last few weeks (@Thomas Fredrick @Smudger). I am also a PTO and one of the most active ones at that (@Janice @Logan Finch ). Additionally, I have been liaising a lot with Academy to get some changes done as I wasn't satisfied with the pace of things before I intervened (@Madda ).

So yes, my administrative PD commitments amounted to more than you might think over the last few weeks.

Reaction score
I understand, but I never properly agreed on a time or made a complete promise to patrol with you. A main reason I haven't been able to is because of the time difference. You're usually on in the evening which is where I usually allocate time towards PD related things.

I have contacted you IC and OOC on the server as well when I've seen you and you tend to either ignore my messages or reject it. Either way, I wish you luck on your application.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
@Daigestive
As a matter of fact, I had worked and am working on a couple of documents over the last few weeks (@Thomas Fredrick @Smudger). I am also a PTO and one of the most active ones at that (@Janice @Logan Finch ). Additionally, I have been liaising a lot with Academy to get some changes done as I wasn't satisfied with the pace of things before I intervened (@Madda ).

So yes, my administrative PD commitments amounted to more than you might think over the last few weeks.
Point was not about your work ethic, I see the hard work every OS command member puts in on trello. Was just funny that someone can assume you do a lot of paperwork without knowing any of it.

Reaction score
Point was not about your work ethic, I see the hard work every OS command member puts in on trello. Was just funny that someone can assume you do a lot of paperwork without knowing any of it.
its a simple fact. if you don't do your job you wont last at your position. so to assume they arent doing any work is just dumb. Like hoonestly. When you became command i didint come to you and say i don't think you do any work. If you work hard to get to where you are Ofc you are gonna try and maintain a high work ethic to stay where you are.

Deleted member 5193

RTU and Patrol commands have the same duties and both think of different ways to expand each division. What paper work do you know RTU complete? None. I could tell you what they are working on just by looking at trello. I think you're talking out of your ass.

Not exclusively. The tasks set on Trello are quite often just the less important things we discuss following our weekly meetings. If you were to view our Slack, that's mostly where our discussions and such are posted. We have a lot of RTU exclusive plans upcoming that aren't at all related to patrol. Collier is doing a lot of work forward CTS too, and that's something that patrol have zero involvement in.

I'll agree that those who aren't in OS command aren't going to know the paperwork Collier has completed, people are just going to have to take our word for it on that one.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Not exclusively. The tasks set on Trello are quite often just the less important things we discuss following our weekly meetings. If you were to view our Slack, that's mostly where our discussions and such are posted. We have a lot of RTU exclusive plans upcoming that aren't at all related to patrol, assuming that we do the same work is pretty pathetic. Collier is doing a lot of work forward CTS too, and that's something that patrol have zero involvement in.

I'll agree that those who aren't in OS command aren't going to know the paperwork Collier has completed, people are just going to have to take our word for it on that one.

Reaction score
this sausage man is a big fan of coffee and cake and i have personally never seen him get flustered or aggravated when people are being inconsiderate

i think he should become mod once again and would perform a fine job

Reaction score
its a simple fact. if you don't do your job you wont last at your position. so to assume they arent doing any work is just dumb. Like hoonestly. When you became command i didint come to you and say i don't think you do any work. If you work hard to get to where you are Ofc you are gonna try and maintain a high work ethic to stay where you are.
I have something to say regarding your earlier posts combined with this one, you have to understand firstly that everything from the PD to how they act upon rulebreakers in-game is taken into account when they're made a staff member. If you apply and you have trust issues within the PD or you're just being a lazy bum in the PD, that is also going to reflect onto how we see you as a member in the community to become a staff member, if you as a person cannot uphold activity in the PD that doesn't require as much time and effort as the staff team does, then how could you keep up with being a staff member?

Everything you do in the community reflects on you when you've applied.

Reaction score
I have something to say regarding your earlier posts combined with this one, you have to understand firstly that everything from the PD to how they act upon rulebreakers in-game is taken into account when they're made a staff member. If you apply and you have trust issues within the PD or you're just being a lazy bum in the PD, that is also going to reflect onto how we see you as a member in the community to become a staff member, if you as a person cannot uphold activity in the PD that doesn't require as much time and effort as the staff team does, then how could you keep up with being a staff member?

Everything you do in the community reflects on you when you've applied.
I get what you are saying. But i don't think that how and what you do in the PLPD should judge or reflect on what and how you do in a staff team. their both very different and should be taken as such. Yes the plpd requires you to follow rules and such and to report rule breakers. How ever that should not reflect the way you can perform in a staff team. But i see what you are saying.

Reaction score
Collier, you are a very nice guy and i respect you a lot. But this time around i feels like you are more into the RP side of things rather than the helping new people and answering /Helps. This is the main reason why i am in the middle when it comes to this situation. All thought i knew you from Melonstick and that you were my higher up i know that you can do the job as a staff member very well. But like i said before i have not seen you. Answering a lot of /helps or just basic /Ooc question people ask.
I wish you the best of luck with your application.
Neutral -/+

Reaction score
I get what you are saying. But i don't think that how and what you do in the PLPD should judge or reflect on what and how you do in a staff team. their both very different and should be taken as such. Yes the plpd requires you to follow rules and such and to report rule breakers. How ever that should not reflect the way you can perform in a staff team. But i see what you are saying.
It's the responsibility you hold in the PD, if you're for example a Cpt of a division that is going to shit because of you not performing your duties, that is obviously going to be overlooked at by the staff team if we know about it and taken into account, because if someone can't run a division how can we expect them to sort our rulebreakers out? I'm not saying it's a main reason why we deny people, but stuff like that is taken into account.l

Reaction score
It's the responsibility you hold in the PD, if you're for example a Cpt of a division that is going to shit because of you not performing your duties, that is obviously going to be overlooked at by the staff team if we know about it and taken into account, because if someone can't run a division how can we expect them to sort our rulebreakers out? I'm not saying it's a main reason why we deny people, but stuff like that is taken into account.l
Fair enough. But please explain to me how running an entire division and dealing with a simple rule breaker is the same at all.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Fair enough. But please explain to me how running an entire division and dealing with a simple rule breaker is the same at all.
Every rule break is accounted for by Profesional Standards, If you are unable to remain profesional, hold a respective rank in PD and deal with the workload you could find it hard to be a staff member. I think being a command member is nothing compared to what it would be as a staff member just shows someone's ability to deal with tasks and remain profesional.

Reaction score
I think we are getting a bit off topic how about we can continue to use our posts constructively and for their purpose in Collier’s enforcer app if you wanna argue go to PM’s.

Status
Not open for further replies.