Not open for further replies.
Reaction score

Pyureh

IN-GAME NAME:
Devon Stewart

STEAM ID:
STEAM_0:0:88346660

The United States of America

Hello! I am Devon Propst. I am a 18 year old American gamer who was born in Atlanta, Georgia. I have been playing video games ever since I was around seven years old. I mainly started playing games off the Nintendo 64, Wii, PS2, PS3, and then PS4. I got really into PC gaming when I had a PS3, and I mainly played CS:S, CS:GO, The Sims 4, State of Decay, and eventually Garrys Mod. Garrys Mod has been a huge part of my life. I love Garrys Mod so much because it gives me the ability to basically do anything. It has so many varied game modes, the game itself is only limited by the creators and developers imagination. Either way, back to my main life. I have lived in Pensacola, Florida for quite some time of four years, been to Orlando, Florida once for Disney. I am highly interested in the American Criminal Justice system, as well as a huge interest in medicine. I plan to go into Law Enforcement as a career for myself, but while I am young and still have years before I can even get into that profession, I wait, enjoying my side-activities, one of which being Video Games.

PAST ADMIN EXPERIENCE:
My Staff Experience on Garry's Mod:
The Earthfall Network - HL2 Clockwork Roleplay - Forums Moderator - 05/19/2017 to 07/23/2017
DefconNations - SantosRP - Administrator - 05/02/2017 to 09/02/2017
MesoGaming - SantosRP - Developer - 01/01/2020 to Semi-Currently

TRAITS:
I am aware of how the player base interprets the rules and laws of the server, and I feel like I can easily identify determine who intentionally breaks them.
I strive to find constructive criticism in everything. From Observation Reports to comments that are made on the Forums, I look for improvement.
I work well with others, and I have been working very hard in applying this by trying to help as many new players as possible.
Except when someone is purposely taunting or being constantly rude to me, I am friendly and respectful as can be.
I believe my confidence to stand for what I believe is factual and callout what is false is what sets me apart.
I believe I have a massive sense of professionalism in where it is needed, in sits and roleplay situations.

PERPHEADS EXPERIENCE:
I first joined the Perpheads server in late 2014, and early 2015. I didn't exactly know my purpose, all that I knew that it was a roleplaying server with some different jobs, realistic-looking cars, and an active staff team in the OOC chat. During my time in 2015, I had an even balance of cop and civilian, going back and forth trying to find the way to get some of the best cars, which was the Bugatti at the time. I was never taught how to make firearms, and I believe I learned this by myself, and the help of some bazaar sellers. I saw some crazy weapons being sold, like AKs and M24s. I thought it was overkill to get them now. I didn't know exactly how to raid, or the rules. All I knew while being a civ was how to grow, and that I did, being terrible at it. I eventually gave up when 2016 came around, thinking I was too late to the game, and that everybody was already overpowered.

I was on the forums in January 2015. I used the Forums mainly to talk in suggestions and discussions. After some thorough posting in 2015, some more in 2016, and in 2017, I reached Expert Member status. In the beginning, I made a lot of suggestions (which got denied), some ban requests (mostly got accepted), and I have been pretty adamant about being on the forums ever since. I do think the forums bring a lot of different and important topics both relating the PerpHeads and some about the real world. Its also a place of support, having multiple sections where users can get help on homework, computers, and much more.

I won't go massively into detail in this section, as I myself dread reading PLPD paragraphs in an Enforcer application, as they just don't belong, and are part of every Enforcer application nowadays. In 2016, and pretty much onwards, I was a cop main. I played cop most of the time I was on. I got in trouble a few times a long time ago back in 2017, but ever since my reinstatement starting late last year, I have been making strides to do the best, and improve myself, erasing every part of what I thought was policing back then, replacing it with something that I think both benefits the department, the community, and myself.

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER:
The reason why I want to become an Enforcer is that I feel like there are not a lot of American Staff Members on the server, and especially in my timezone, however, the United States makes up anywhere from 15-20% of the server population. I've seen lots of staff resign recently, I have been getting on and there is typically one staff member on. And due to that, there is a very long waiting time, and there are even times I do not get answered back. Now imagine what this may feel like for the staff member that wants to grow, maybe roleplay as cop/medic/roadcrew. It would be tough to both have fun on the server and take responsibility for it when there are multiple reports to solve.

Another reason why I would make a great Enforcer candidate is due to my skills and total time on the server. I have almost 5,000+ hours on Gmod (two accounts), and around 5 years of the server. I have gained a little over a month worth of playtime. I have been a Moderator/Admin on many servers, some now gone, some still remain, and I feel I have the skills capable of handling sits and to interpret and apply the rules as necessary. I feel I have the rule knowledge capable of handling a lot of different sits and problems that come up. Considering I have not been banned in years, and have only received one warning back in October, I feel like I have a very competent and thorough understanding of the rules. Furthermore, I am a Corporal in the PLPD, and I have been noted many times for my knowledge of the Paralake Penal Code.

As some of you may know, I have been very active in answering people's questions in the OOC/Help Chat section. This is not only to get more familiar with the community but also to bring confidence in myself and the player base on how to get started or to fix an issue someone has had. I have been planning on going for Enforcer for around two weeks now, and I would say that I am very prepared and capable of assisting both the staff team and the Perpheads community as a whole on the Forums, Teamspeak, and In-Game.

Finally, I feel I have the capacity in my schedule to be a very active member of the staff team. I have recently finished high school, so therefore I am currently only working. I work a very small part-time job, and this allows me to use a lot of my extra time to dedicate to Perpheads.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY:

I know I have been involved in some rather heated arguments as of recently, and to those players, I still appreciate your feedback on this application.
However, I ask to look at this application subjectively, and not write comments directly on the experiences or outcomes, but maybe look at the other person's side and reasoning.

Thank you for reading my application.

1 Month 21 Days as Playtime.
No warnings within the last month or bans within the last 3 months, this includes both the forums and the server.
No bans since 2017, one warning back in August of last year.
You must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the server rules and laws to the extent where you can Enforce them.
Seeing as I have been able to not only stay out of trouble but also teach new players the rules, I believe I can properly enforce them.
You must have access to and use a microphone.
Yes, I use an Astro A10s Headset.
You must maintain an active presence on the TeamSpeak Server
I have spent numerous hours on the Teamspeak server in the past few months.
______________________________________________________________________​

Last edited:
Reaction score
This isn't the path for you dude, sorry. You're alright but I just couldn't see you doing my reports.

Edit: Since you've asked me to elaborate, I shall. I'll start off with the positives.

Your activity and desire to help the community are very much apparent. These are desirable traits for an enforcer. From my point of view this is essentially where your qualifications end.

Your general attitude is alright, I've seen far worse, but I've seen better. How you handle particular situations has far more room for improvement. An example of this would be is how today you've poked me on Teamspeak and accused me of not actually reading your enforcer application when I told you I shall elaborate on this post.

Your play style is incredibly one sided, and its noticeable. From what I've seen you've allocated your entire play time to getting ranked up in the PD. The PD gameplay is approximately 35% of the full experience of PERP. If someone wasn't complying in a mugging, You wouldn't be the first person to spring to mind to call for assistance if you were staff. Your inexperience in other aspects of the game mode beyond the PD shows.

Overall, you have potential in the future, but as it stands you have stuff to work on. I wish you best of luck with this application and any other endeavours on the server.

On the other hand, I'm vouching for you to get a supervisor rank.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Definitely not.
You're a cop main who has no experience with the criminal side of the server,
You make ARs and IAs on people over incredibly petty reasons which makes me believe you're in no position to have any power in the community.

While not strictly relevant to rules, from what was seen in the Paralake Law Facts (or whatever it was called) made by LilChicken, you seem to try and justify arrests by quoting unrelated and invalid laws, and I believe given the chance you would end up doing the same with the rules.

Reaction score
It has been welcomed by some people, however. And also, I use that sort of statistic to say that the American population of the server is small, and I feel there aren't really many American staff members on the team. That is part of the reason why I submitted my application.

Also, do not compare me to Tom or Roy. That is just plain rude and straight-up disrespectful, and anyone can see that.

Reaction score
Are you dumb? How in the world does Devon saying 15-20% of the server pop is made up by Americans suddenly mean he always make baseless claims?

When I rejoined perp Devon was probably one of the first people I spoke to and he to phrase it like you did "welcomed me with open arms". If you're going to respond to anyone at least be factual and back up your claims instead of spewing pure shit. Otherwise don't respond

Reaction score
Yes I am a cop main. I have just recently been getting into the criminal side of the server.
I have actually never made an IA. I make very few ARs, and only in the case where I feel there has been complete negligence regarding the rules.

The laws can be very specific. I have realized some laws require confiscation, others do not. I haven't made an arrest I am not completely 100% sure about. I do appreciate how you think that given the chance at having power in the community, you think I would be petty, however like I said, I do make any kind of convictions unless I am absolutely 100% sure the person intentionally broke a server rule/law.

Deleted member 5920

Not trying to be rude but I legitimately haven't seen you on the server at all?

Reaction score
At least you are vocal about both the positives and negatives.

Regarding positives, the activity and desire, yes, these are active and common traits of what a staff member should be. Where you say the qualifications list ends, however, I am not sure. I think you left out the fact I have been an admin on another RP server, and a forums admin on another. I would say this gives me a bit of an edge when it comes to my past experience interpreting rules, and dealing with admin sits.

Regarding the bad. Me poking you on TS, I poked because I felt your comment didn't provide enough criticism for me to read on. It wasn't as elaborative as it is now. I didn't accuse you of not reading my application. But you did make a comment immediately after my posting. I believe you think my attitude needs improvement due to the fact that we haven't exactly been in any rpsits together recently. Furthermore, yes, you are right, I am very inexperienced when it comes to CivilianRP, I haven't really done much of that as I mentioned, I did lots in 2015, but got burned out from it.

I think you are right when you say I have things to work on, I think we all do, no staff member is 100% perfect, but there are pros/cons in all of them.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I don't understand the concept of people not giving their support because of a user playing as a police officer most of their time on the server, if that wasn't allowed then we wouldn't have people like Jordan who barely played as a civilian on the server and when he did he really never engaged in any criminal sided RP. Look where that took him; He's one of the greatest staff members of all time but here we are... yet again -supporting someone for playing as a cop... Ridiculous if you ask me.

But oh well.

Deleted member 5577

There is just a general dislike for Devon, Jordan is a fairly nice guy

Reaction score
I see where your coming from, where my forum activity is mainly on cop related things. But to think about it, there isn't necessarily a big criminal sided forums page. There is one, but I have no business posting on it as I am not creating any orgs.

Again, yes, I am a cop main. But so are a few of our current staff members.

Cops vs. Crims aren't all of the reports the staff receives. There are hundreds of other reasons.

"PettyAR" is a rather subjective term. I think as long as someone can make a report, explain the rule broken, have evidence of that rule being broken, and interpret clearly, and justifiably explain how that rule is broken, then it's a valid AR. The rules list is long, and someone has to call out and help define the line of intentional rule abuse versus unintentional rule break

Deleted member 6228

I've seen you active on the forums, but like, I literally have never seen you in game and I've been back for a few months now.
I don't feel like timezones are an excuse, I see staff that are not in my timezone all the time.

Reaction score
Actually, you and I have seen each other in passing. I have just been back for a few months as well.

It's not an excuse, I just have never actually met the player in-game. You are right though, it's not an excuse.

Reaction score
Right, so using PLPD Employees, you are Son Slaughter. We have seen each other actually, just very briefly. I was probs a cop. We have never just interacted probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.