Helper Role seperate to staff

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Description of the idea: As we discussed in the meeting, a lot of people believe helper should be a non administrative role but a way for experienced players to show rule and game knowledge by helping new players and being assigned to new players that do not know what to do when joining the server. Bolli said this used to be an issue as people would just apply for enforcer. I dont think that would be an issue as if someone isnt good enough for enforcer they could show they have the incentive to be staff and help from the helper role.

Why should this be added? (pros):
-Makes more sense

What negatives could this have? (cons):
-dk

Reaction score
I think the helper physgun is more to get people unstuck or maybe to grab a blatant mass rdmer, but as far as grabbing your run of the mill gunpoint ignoring 3.4 breaker, that should be left to staff.

Deleted member 6228

I'm more curious at how they have certain permissions that I don't?
Someone going from helper to enforcer would lose all their forum permissions

Reaction score
@Inchs I think Helper was largely intended for forum moderation, I'm not really sure though. It doesn't make much sense, but it does give us a useful job to be fair.

Deleted member 6228

@flugs Helpers are super useful on the forums, but its meant to be the role before enforcer so you shouldn't really lose permissions stepping up a role, which seems odd to me

Reaction score
@Inchs Well, I more or less disagree with you Inchs, not that you should lose any powers but simply because you as an enforcer shouldn't be focused on forum moderation, you should be solely focused on dealing with in-game situations thus the permissions on the forums aren't necessary for you; see it as forum moderator and in-game moderator, two ranks with different permissions.