Helper Role seperate to staff

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Description of the idea: As we discussed in the meeting, a lot of people believe helper should be a non administrative role but a way for experienced players to show rule and game knowledge by helping new players and being assigned to new players that do not know what to do when joining the server. Bolli said this used to be an issue as people would just apply for enforcer. I dont think that would be an issue as if someone isnt good enough for enforcer they could show they have the incentive to be staff and help from the helper role.

Why should this be added? (pros):
-Makes more sense

What negatives could this have? (cons):
-dk

Deleted member 5577

@obidan66 you're acting like you haven't read into it and it wouldn't be the first time would it

Reaction score
Sadly I Can not agree/disagree with your post, therefore I am letting you know that I agree with this statement, even with this part:
I feel like besides revoking physgun access
If this is to be done, Then limit it to physing a new player's props?

Reaction score
Everyone has been told to make Action Request's/Reports if a Helper has broken a rule.

Reaction score
@GamingPeach I remember being told to just make action requests/Ar's on them. However, I too could be losing my mind.
In my opinion, I think they should just be dealt with VIA Staff Complaints to not publically humiliate them.

Reaction score
Bolli said to make a staff complaint if a Helper abuses power, not an AR. They were at first supposed to be just AR's but apparently they went back on that because they consider Helper a staff role.

Deleted member 6228

I have absolutely no idea what helpers are, are they staff? Are they privileged players? Literally no one knows and everytime I asked someone I get a different answer

Reaction score

"Helper
An old rank however with a slightly different purpose. This will replace the first rank you apply for to join the staff team, you can then apply for Enforcer a week later or stay at this role to assist with smaller player-related issues. This role will feature less permissions than Enforcer, and allow for community members to assist in supporting the community without having to worry about required activity requirements to remain in this role. Former staff members can also opt to reside in this role, allowing them to provide their spare time to help out without many obligations."

Last edited:

Deleted member 6228

Despite multiple people saying, such as @rogue that they are players and get dealt with AR's, while others saying they are staff and get dealt with staff complaints?

Reaction score
@Inchs I just gave you the literal definition as presented by AyJay, which most likely went through by Bolli or Fredy. Take it or leave it, I don't care. But as a staff member that you actually are, you might want to be able to research your own stuff. It literally took me 15 seconds to find the definition. If I can find it the definition, then you as a staff member should probably already have it memorized.

Reaction score
Bolli said to make a staff complaint if a Helper abuses power, not an AR. They were at first supposed to be just AR's but apparently they went back on that because they consider Helper a staff role.

Reaction score
From my understanding, Helpers are staff members, meaning they are taking on the responsibility of being a source of info to other players, and are trusted to do so. However, Helpers are not administrators, admins are staff members who "perform official duties in some sphere, especially dealing out punishment" as defined in a dictionary.

So the takeaway for me is that a helper has responsibilities but is not able to perform administrative duties such as having staff discretion within the rules or issuing punishments.