How active is the PD? Do we need it being as big as it is?

should we bring back the old PD?

• yes

• no

Results are only viewable after voting.

Deleted member 5193

Hey, this is something we’re looking into. Patrol and Traffic are sending out surveys over the next few days asking section members on their opinion on pretty much exactly what you’ve said. I hope this’ll give you and others a perfect chance to give your opinion on this.

Reaction score
Honestly wtf are even sections for, I still don't understand them and makes people act big as soon as they notice you're lacking activity. If I want help I can just ask any other supervisor or make a helpdesk ticket instead of being limited to some supervisor(s) in my section as far as I understand it. Even these forums can be a big help, just create a thread. Make promotions OR based, if you really lack faith that these could be abused by others then god help the current shit show that was brought up in the public forum meeting.

All of this Major, Staff Sergeant stuff really confuses me and I don't understand why we can't just have less ranks. I remember when we just made the divisions and we introduced (Deputy) Inspector which I honestly still don't understand to this day but thank god it was removed rather quickly for being unnecesarry and confusing

Reaction score
I don't see a problem with having a Major rank for Line Managers. You also had a Line Manager when you were in TFU command when it was still part of OS, right?

• Disagree
Reactions: dog
Reaction score
The Police Department is great and an amazing place for people to pursue a career in, where roleplay thrives and is at its best when you're a police officer.

The above is just some bullshit, but the PD is great. Can it be greater? Sure it can.

I feel like the PD has come to a standstill. There's not much change happening in the PD other than people going from Officer to Senior officer and your occasional Corporal promotion. The reason why I enjoyed the PD so much in 2016/17 was that it was changing a lot and was updated every month. We had new divisions coming up and more people in command and it was all going great until the Sections were added.

I personally dislike the way the sections work and how you have a supervisor that you should patrol with if you can etc. I liked the initial idea of sections, but it stopped people from getting above Corporal unless they went through an application progress, which yes, can filter out the people who want to be a sergeant, but it then also limits the amount of sergeants you can have. Currently, there are 11 Sergeants in the PD. I'm not sure how many are active, but thats just the number. There are 37 Corporals and 50 Senior officers, you expect a total of 87 people to be receiving observation reports by 11 sergeants? It's absurd. Sections had a good initial idea, but the execution was terrible. I will look further into this and speak with some people with power about Sections to see if they are open to any change, but till then it is how it is.

TFU currently, is OP but I feel like thats the way Police should be. Yeah, sure pistol raids are now no longer a thing unless you are Nade or Martino but police should always have the upper hand. It's not very hard to get into TFU, sure there are some flaws in the applications process (imo) but the command team are doing a lot to correct this (I hope). It was fun sitting in PD as SWAT and waiting until something goes down and then responding, knowing you need to shoot people. But if that's what you want, you can still do it? There's nothing stopping you from going into Heavy Armour and just waiting for a situation to pop up. I'm not against bringing back the old swat, but this version is just a bit more tactical.

The idea of not letting moderator+ into high Police Ranks is honestly the most idiotic thing I've heard. People apply for staff to help out the server, and you just wanna shoot them in the foot for it? You're pretty much saying that staff members shouldn't be able to roleplay like every other player. Yeah, the PD requires a lot of dedication but if they're doing a good job in the PD then let them stay.

The above is just a simple idea and me trying to balance a little more, do I feel that it should be implemented? honestly I don't know cause anyone currently who is in the staff team are somehow managing decent activity and maintaining the roles within the staff team so why change something that appears to work.
:laughcry::laughcry::laughcry::laughcry::laughcry:

I want the PD to keep developing, but it's come to a standstill and it needs to get a move on!!!!

Reaction score
Line managers have been around for ages, it just got a bit weird in terms of chain of command and who people were to listen to more, the Captain of TFU or Captain of Operation Services? Captain Captain???

Reaction score
We are open to suggestions and complaints about the TFU application process as long as it goes through the proper channels. We recently (2mo ago) made some moderately large changes to the content of the application process but are open to change it even more if we find a better way

Deleted member 5193

In terms of section supervisors, I agree entirely that the system currently isn’t working as it should be and a lot of people are completely overlooked. It’s something we’re looking into and we’re working on alternative systems which could potentially work better. I would urge anyone who wants to progress in the PD to continue trying, if you feel section supervisors aren’t recognising you then contact your primary command team and they’ll happily look into it for you.

Reaction score
I kinda like it that you have to spend some time to rank up to get promoted but tbh, I once came back after inactivity to play as cop with the motivation to become TFU, I ended up getting suspended from the PD multipe times for the tiniest mistakes, and also people say "youre a minge, you minged before stfu" didn't help, so I lost tons of motivaiton and left.

@Shay was blocking a road on purpose and jumping on cars at intersection while police were responding to a pursuit, I ran him over because of that, looked back and saw a cop calling in a medic, so I continued with the pursuit to then be called to the PD and told I'm getting suspended even tho I explained he did it on purpose and I saw that he was calling a medic.
"You failed to show care for the civilian you didnt stop bla bla no wont give you 2nd chance bye outta here" basically.
Very fun experience, and whenever I goof around like spamming /yell people start taking it IC even tho they never do and start using it againts me smh.

Deleted member 5193

@Adrish RTU have released one recently, and I know there’s been PD ones sent out not long ago including the public forum which was for people to give their views and suggestions. If you have ideas though, as Collier said just make sure you go to the correct people and they’ll always get listened to.

Deleted member 5193

Also, as I’ve said on another post here, sections is something we’re looking into quite a lot. RTU have sent out a PM on PLPD Online asking people for their thoughts within RTU, and Patrol will be doing this later today too. We’d love you to give your honest thoughts on there because we have zero objection to making changes if it is what people want.

Reaction score
@Tom the public forum was great and provided some great constructive criticism other than the ones aimed at @Husky. It was nice to see a good amount of people in the PD to come together and discuss a few things.