How can we revive?

Reaction score
The amount of work these guys have put into the server to make it what it is today is incredible. You're not going to get a game mode that everyone all likes, and thats part of the issue. You could be loosing more players if some of them don't like the game. Also along with the amount of work they've done, you're not going to expect to go on the server the same day they get a server on a new game

Reaction score
I miss the admin sits I had before when people were calm and forgiving.
You didn't miss anything back then. When I was Moderator+Admin the accused person would always find a way to be mad about atleast something and if the victim doesn't like the type of punishment you give out it will most definitely upset him too. I may have been too forgiving (seriously, compare my total bans and warnings, I don't have that many) but that's what seems to be the right move. My feelings sometimes also get the better of me where I even hesitated to go on a report or issue a punishment to somebody I know just to avoid not to hear anything rude from them. I mostly only gave out punishments if their record indicated several rule breaks of the same rule with no kind of improvement.

Being staff surely made me realize something, it's just that not many get to realize and experience it themselves as getting staff aint easy but that whatever we do it's all in a game and you just need to be aware of the type of emotions you could inflict on someone just because you're getting punished because of something you did.

This kind of behaviour is also something that drove me towards my resignation. I couldn't handle reports like these anymore and decided to quit, while I do appreciate the chance I was given to work closely within the (Senior-) Administration team I just decided I needed a break from all of this. It wears you out, atleast for me.

Reaction score
The amount of work these guys have put into the server to make it what it is today is incredible. You're not going to get a game mode that everyone all likes, and thats part of the issue. You could be loosing more players if some of them don't like the game. Also along with the amount of work they've done, you're not going to expect to go on the server the same day they go on a new game
At this rate, it's better to switch to a newer, up to date game with a better engine. On Arma, for example, a larger map allows for more opportunities to do things such as run a successful fishing business (I know you can do that on gmod, but it's better and easier and maybe more fun to do it on something else) or start a transportation company for those larger maps. It might even allow for more police RP ideas since thigns will most likely save serverside such as large manhunts and different parts of cities (the "bad part" of town will have more crime compared to the whole map on gmod".

Deleted member 4116

Arma engine is fucking doodoo and even worse than source engine. I played ArmA 3 Life a lot with @DANIEL_ and he can confirm the engine was so trash you kept getting desync rammed, money glitchers, cheaters, lag switchers ect.

Reaction score
Arma engine is fucking doodoo and even worse than source engine. I played ArmA 3 Life a lot with @DANIEL_ and he can confirm the engine was so trash you kept getting desync rammed, money glitchers, cheaters, lag switchers ect.
That was just a suggestion, I only made it because it is a fairly popular game

Reaction score
I didn't intend to cause this much controversy with one video.

But getting to the point regarding the PD, we need to compromise. Obviously we need some sort of "filter" for entry-level PD applicants, but a whitelist is too severe. But I think the main thing we should work on is getting org wars and personality back to the server.

Orgs should be more cooperative for what they are now. Maybe some sort of org wide money maker that rewards an entire org rather than one person. The org leader has to get something from point a to point b without picking it up (transport by truck) so enemy orgs and the police can stop him. So org members have to guard the smuggled items while the leader transports them.

The more serious criminal orgs we have the better.

Or better yet wait until S&Box comes out, PERP's source code can be easily transported to it. We'll have far more options with the Unreal Engine.

Reaction score
From what ive seen in the forums, the reason that people are not hopping on to play is simply the fact that we have done everything.
For players like me , @Glacial_Subzero , @Mooney, @Sossa , @Fusions (vets) and many more we got what we wanted ( i imagine).
We got the car we wanted the guns the ammo the marksmanships, there is simply no point to get on and start growing.
Thats how i see it , correct me if im wrong.
like me , i got 3mil in-game money and i don't know what to do with it xD

Reaction score
I haven't been playing for too long so my opinion might be useless but I think it's they players fault just as much as the servers/staffs. Every night is the same shit, protect the Mayor like he's golden shit then after a little while the police get in a major shootout in the City/Bazaar with a big org. That might seem second nature and fun for older players with millions of dollars and guns but as someone with neither it just feels like you're missing out.

I have made several police calls (especially at night) in the past that just go completely ignored because the police and the rich players are doing there own thing and ignoring any kid of new player. It's like they don't want to give them a chance because they don't have as many hours even though it's usually the same people who complain about PERP dyin.

All that and the fact that police is now whitelisted just make it an endless drug growing cycle with little opportunity for RP.

PERP dying isn't just older players leaving, it's new players having nothing to do.

Reaction score
Everyone knows what people want and whats making people leave its the same stuff being said over and over its just nothing being done its still the same, besides the failed attempt of unbanning 500 people.