RP

Reaction score
The server shouldn't and should never have been about feeling a sense of progression when it comes to objects like cars, guns or drugs. If it truly was about RP then all of this would mostly have been on a level field, all cars would be mostly realistically the same, supercars still just about beating standard and sportscars.

And making guns cheaper by about 25-40% would do wonders for how people value dead objects over themselves. Nowadays IAs and ARs are thrown all over the place because someone confiscated/stole something when apparently it wasn't allowed, hell, even the officer might not have even noticed that... And still a bunch of people including myself create these reports because they lost something, and it just so happens that the rules were in your favor, it's gotten to the point where the words AR and IA is part of my phone's dictionary. I feel that a staff members job on top of moderating should be to teach the offender where, how and why they went wrong.

Coming back to the sense of progression thing I mentioned earlier, it should have been a roleplay thing, you'd feel yourself getting forward just by community interaction alone, that's the feeling that should drive you to coming back on the server. I stopped playing as much as I used to because I stopped valuing dead objects completely, you hear me scream as a cop as you're shooting me because I'd rather stay alive instead of sitting at a black screen for 5 minutes, have the situation over with and back on patrol, stopping speeders, solve traffic accident situations and deal with road closures and perimeters. I feel no satisfaction in confiscating random things, I make my montages mainly about the small amount of community interaction I'm able to get, because of the way the community is right now.

I said I didn't care if the server went through a full reset outside of playtime, because of what I said earlier about dead things, though I'd like keep my playtime because it reminds me of how long I've been here and of all the changes that I've witnessed. But these are my two cents on the matter.

(Edited for better readability)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: JER
Reaction score
I'm not even meaning to sound like a prick, how can you be immersed by someone speaking on a mic? It just seems so unserious and joke-y to me, idk. Maybe it's just an unpopular opinion, but to me I've never really considered servers with mics to be proper RP. Especially when there is no permanent death or character development.

Reaction score
@elmond are you stupid?

You can still have character development with mics involved.
GTA V RP, you can have accents which allow you to understand how old / ethnicity they are.

Without mics there is just text, no immersion no accents no nothing.

Reaction score
@Ysauzi I love ad hominems too. Sorry bud, your server isn't RP, neither is GTA RP. Anything with mics will NEVER be roleplay. Sorry to break it to you, surprised though tbh, usually weebs like writing out paragraphs of text as a fictional character on Hl2RP servers. Cunt.

Reaction score
@elmond not having voices = not roleplay

seeing text is not realistic instead of hearing voices

Reaction score
@Creepis I LOOOOVE ad hominems. Like. I'm not really surprised considering the server is full of like 14 year old british kids. I'm not against it at all (since I play on one), just saying it's not serious RP, if you're looking for RP, there are better options.

Reaction score
"Better options" = no personality only text

honestly how is not hearing anything and only seeing text serious roleplay?

deadass being able to hear personalities is way better than looking at the big ass description of people above their head.

Reaction score
@elmond they aren't talking about wether perp is serious rp or not. They are reacting to your logic that having microphones will not allow for serious RP which I as well disagree on your reasoning. Just because people are able to yell shit on their mics doesn't mean that in general players shouldn't be able to utilize the voice chat in order to be able to seriously role play.

Reaction score
the playstyle of roleplay is entirely different when you compare GTA RP to Perp if you think about the mechanics of it. The map in GTa always feels very empty and you'll find that most players on GTA are cramped in a certain area, whereas people on perp are widely spread with the exception of bazaar sometimes.

Also who wants to sit there for ages on a loading screen on GTA when perp takes less than a minute to join