Upcoming Server Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey,
Just wanted to give you a heads up on the next server update.

Indicators:
11628544c9.jpg
After some consideration and figuring out where to bind them to we finally added indicators to cars. With the new update you can use left and right mouse button to control indicators. Cruise control was subsequently moved to the middle mouse button.
Hazard lights can also be turned on using the enter key.
3c0d80f1bd.jpg

Bank app:
ff394ae6d4.jpg
3785e47cca.jpg
4e4adcb09e.jpg
a0cd92e59a.jpg
The new bank app can be used to transfer money from your bank account to other people's bank account. It can also be used to check your Balance. The design is not final, some more icons are going to be added ;)

Timer app:
7ee974f7dc.jpg
The timer is a new part of the clock app. You can switch between both functionalities using the tabs at the top.
When the timer runs out an alarm sound is being played on your client.

New SWAT Model:
5aa789739f.jpg
SWAT model from my current project with SWAT gamemode going to be used instead of current model. So if you haven't seen it. Don't mind the few blood splats he has, it's from other testing we were doing.

Drug Dealer Changes
The drug dealer can now be found in a few different places.
4afa86f86b.jpg
He also sells all types of seeds and buys all types of drugs now. All you need to do is find him. But maybe if you are good enough "buddies" with him he's going to tell you where he is ;)

b52c339d85.jpg

New radio stations:
d1dd19c3ac.jpg
Since sky.fm is apparently blocked in the uk we moved over to some other radio stations. Hopefully these are going to work for everyone.

New automated /me messages:
b07ddc50a9.jpg
As soon as you do one of those actions a /me message is being automatically sent.
This is hopefully going to improve roleplay and prevent people from using their phone under gunpoint.

New Animations:
051af00ea5.jpg
ca45c9ad66.jpg
We added animations for being handcuffed and being hurt. We have also removed the handcuffed text from the hud.

Secret Service Job Exam:
We added the job exams to secret service to reduce the amount of Secret Service agents neglecting the rules.

Government Radio Names:
d4181fb6c0.png
As a government official it now displays people who are using the radio.
This can be useful so you know who you are talking with. The name can be used without breaking metagaming since you would know the name of your co-workers IRL.
It is also useful to identify mic spammers.

Accessories Fix:

Accessories are now fixed and shouldn't do that weird floating thing they do now. It would seem as though some have wrong positions, but I'm not going to take the time right now to correct them all. So if you find a problem with yours or see someone else's as being wrong, please report it, include an image of the character which shows the accessory and their face clearly. I will fix it then and will be corrected quickly.

It seems females may have more of bad placements than males, I may have forgot to save when I was setting this up before V2 who knows.

Changes With Firearms:

Alright so I was just looking around at the bullet system as it was some of my first work with LUA and far from great but it works. Anyways I noticed a slight problem, bleeding, only higher powered weapons would seem to cause it. So I reworked that whole bit, now bleeding happens more often when shot and you should seek medical attention immediately for any bullet wound as it's more than likely pretty serious. As now not only do you start bleeding, but the initial hit will take some blood away as well.

I have increased the damage of the shotgun ever so slightly, so it is a tad bit more powerful now in raw damage. They still won't do much against armor though so don't expect it to be great against SWAT but use at your own discretion. They do not cause much bleeding either, to demonstrate this... One single stray pellet may take upwards of about half an hour to cause you to bleed out but it is still something you should get looked at by medical staff.

Armored targets if shot in armored areas (chest area for police, anywhere on SWAT) won't bleed as much/at all from lower calibers unlike unarmored targets. But larger caliber weapons will still cause some definite bleeding/blood loss. For an example, if you're shot with an M24 and it doesn't instantly kill, it is quite possible to pass out from blood loss quite fast. Granted this is quite a powerful rifle and should do a lot of damage. The M4 or AK will cause a fair amount of bleeding as well. Pistols are fairly useful against unarmored targets but maybe not the best against armored unless you use a Desert Eagle.

Anyways just thought you should be made aware that bandages are going to be quite necessary if you need to patch yourself (or others as medic or whatever) up. So all I can recommend is, try your best to keep your blood in your body.

TL;DR
Guns now cause more severe bleeding so be aware they aren't something to toy with.

Dragging Handcuffed Players:
fa33a4b8bf.jpg

When a player is Handcuffed, police employees are able to right click them with fists and it will begin dragging the player. You can stop dragging people by right clicking again. You also get set to the same walk speed as a handcuffed player.

We also fixed a few bugs and tweaked some things.

Unfortunately this server update has to wait until the next Garry's Mod version is released since it uses some new features only the next update offers. So expect this really soon after the update.

More stuff coming soon ;)

Fredy

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Lots of new features that are great on test server can't wait for them to be implemented on the real server. Whoever wrote that SS quiz must be a sexy man ;). Seriously though great work Fredy.

Reaction score
With having to wait for Killburn to finalize some stuff and then to actually release the Gmod update, who knows when this will actually come out. So this list of improvements will undoubtably grow between now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.