Upcoming Server Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
SWAT model from my current project with SWAT gamemode going to be used instead of current model. So if you haven't seen it. Don't mind the few blood splats he has, it's from other testing we were doing.
5aa789739f.jpg

Reaction score
This looks so cool, i can already imagine the realism that will come along with this when everyone roleplaying. Great job guys!

Reaction score
I want to add to Stephen's post about posting ideas about new animations. When we started digging up how to do these animations, I came across some useful stuff such as weight listing. This makes it possible to play animations ontop of others. This means we could actually do a "puts a ticket on windshield" animation without having to freeze the player since I could have the animation only affect the upper part of the player model. However, this means the player could still turn away from the car which leads to strange results. Then again, an animation for this isn't really needed in my opinion. So if you have any ideas for new animations, send me a message or make a thread like Stephen said.

Reaction score
I want to add to Stephen's post about posting ideas about new animations. When we started digging up how to do these animations, I came across some useful stuff such as weight listing. This makes it possible to play animations ontop of others. This means we could actually do a "puts a ticket on windshield" animation without having to freeze the player since I could have the animation only affect the upper part of the player model. However, this means the player could still turn away from the car which leads to strange results. Then again, an animation for this isn't really needed in my opinion. So if you have any ideas for new animations, send me a message or make a thread like Stephen said.
It would be nice to have an animation when you tie and/or gag someone if this could be possible and when you tied someone it could be the same animation as the handcuffs?

Reaction score
Possibly we could remove the big message above taxis? Furthermore, shall hydraulic upgrades ever be added?

Btw @StephenPuffs stop being so anti social, haha. You need to pop
In to the enforcer channel ;)

Reaction score
Maybe you can make the hurt animation make the player bend forwards a bit :) im also already in love with this update xD

Reaction score
SWAT model from my current project with SWAT gamemode going to be used instead of current model. So if you haven't seen it. Don't mind the few blood splats he has, it's from other testing we were doing.
5aa789739f.jpg
Could there possibly be a skin or text on the SWAT van like saying ''Paralake SWAT Team'' Or something like that on the sides?

Reaction score
If there's 1-2 months till the Gmod update i can't imagine how much improvement and ideas there will be! Hope the testing etc. Will make sure everything is nice :) looking forward to this!

Reaction score
Not at all, most bug fixes, lua imporvments, I asked the dev himself, He said "they wont be happy"

Reaction score
A question about indicators

Stephen mentioned the other night that they are mainly a cosmetic addition and police would not be able to ticket players for not using them when turning. I understand that it will be difficult to some degree to use them all the time however I think that they could prevent a lot of mess at places like the intersection and certain junctions.
Will a law be added that makes it an offence to not signal in certain areas or will they purely be a cosmetic addition (besides the hazards)?

Reaction score
A question about indicators

Stephen mentioned the other night that they are mainly a cosmetic addition and police would not be able to ticket players for not using them when turning. I understand that it will be difficult to some degree to use them all the time however I think that they could prevent a lot of mess at places like the intersection and certain junctions.
Will a law be added that makes it an offence to not signal in certain areas or will they purely be a cosmetic addition (besides the hazards)?
My point was simply, they aren't perfect so you can't always see them unfortunately (they show up but Source screws up the render order or something so they appear behind the tail light which in turn essentially hides them occasionally). But I would say if you're following a car as police and they're consistently refusing to signal, then sure pull them over to at least give a warning not necessarily a ticket, but not for every single time that someone fails to do so. Because with how often you have to signal to turn within Paralake City, you would have to be doing it all the time and inevitably fail to do so, and a cop would immediately jump on the chance to chase you down. Personally I don't find that fair or fun, so only when it is a repeated offense. Pulling someone over for excessively signalling would also be allowed, where someone is either driving down the road with warning lights on or a turning signal on for too long after making a turn / turning wrong way with one active.

Anyways simply, yes laws will be enacted to account for indicators and how they should/should not be used.

Reaction score
Alright so I was just looking around at the bullet system as it was some of my first work with LUA and far from great but it works. Anyways I noticed a slight problem, bleeding, only higher powered weapons would seem to cause it. So I reworked that whole bit, now bleeding happens more often when shot and you should seek medical attention immediately for any bullet wound as it's more than likely pretty serious. As now not only do you start bleeding, but the initial hit will take some blood away as well.

I have increased the damage of the shotgun ever so slightly, so it is a tad bit more powerful now in raw damage. They still won't do much against armor though so don't expect it to be great against SWAT but use at your own discretion. They do not cause much bleeding either, to demonstrate this... One single stray pellet may take upwards of about half an hour to cause you to bleed out but it is still something you should get looked at by medical staff.

Armored targets if shot in armored areas (chest area for police, anywhere on SWAT) won't bleed as much/at all from lower calibers unlike unarmored targets. But larger caliber weapons will still cause some definite bleeding/blood loss. For an example, if you're shot with an M24 and it doesn't instantly kill, it is quite possible to pass out from blood loss quite fast. Granted this is quite a powerful rifle and should do a lot of damage. The M4 or AK will cause a fair amount of bleeding as well. Pistols are fairly useful against unarmored targets but maybe not the best against armored unless you use a Desert Eagle.

Anyways just thought you should be made aware that bandages are going to be quite necessary if you need to patch yourself (or others as medic or whatever) up. So all I can recommend is, try your best to keep your blood in your body.

TL;DR
Guns now cause more severe bleeding so be aware they aren't something to toy with.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just thought of a really quick thing that doesn't need it's own thread: Making Metal Detectors ALT + E to pick up. I find myself and many other people accidentally picking them up when trying to open doors. It would be practical in my opinion for it to be ALT + E!

Status
Not open for further replies.