Why are people banned forever?

• Thread starter Deleted member 6228
  • Start date

Deleted member 6228

I agree with the fact that what I did was bad, but I can assure you I have to no desire to cheat again. It was a one off thing in a self destructive episode, I think people can genuinely reform

Reaction score
Some cheaters like Soyd are just complete faggots who ruin everything for everyone and ban evade on 5000 accounts just to waste the staff team's time. But some people that cheated once and didn't bother ban evading or anything I am almost certain regret it, otherwise if their intention was to ruin people's time I'm sure they would just continue to ban evade and attempt to cheat again and again. Personally I feel like it would be fair to wipe their character completely and unban them (case by case only) if they were "approved" to be unbanned. I don't know, maybe 2-3 years since their cheating ban and no attempt to evade the ban seems fair so that people don't just cheat now because they know they can be unbanned within a short amount of time (2-3 years is quite a bit imo).

Sadly though cheating here holds a heavy punishment here and I don't think we'll be seeing anyone unbanned any time soon. Real shame really because some of those people were nice players, but you just can't be certain that they won't cheat again.

But aside from cheaters, I think real permanent bans are kind of silly, 12 months is more than enough for someone to learn from their mistakes (assuming we are talking about rule breakages here)

Deleted member 6228

I agree, I did a one off stupid thing, but haven't evaded or attempted to, trying to be a positive forum influence also

Google Chrome

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Community wide ban all the cheaters so we don't get so dumb discussions, problem solved thank me later!

Deleted member 6228

We are reforming an attempt positive influence on the forums however, not at any point are we being aggresive

Reaction score
2.2 Replying/Commenting - Users are expected to use the appropriate function when posting on a thread. If what you are posting is nothing constructive to the thread or just something very small, use the comment function. However if what you are posting is something constructive and/or to big to be put into the comments then creating a reply is fine.

Reaction score
I ban evaded, multiple times, but that was because i was desperate to play again, few times when i got caught id give my stuff to sweaters.
We had a chance to talk about it, like i told you then, i deeply regret it

Reaction score
The fact is though, As much as myself and others would like to see @Shokron13 and @Inchs back on the server, Unbanning 1 person for doing something many people have been banned for doing would open a window of opportunities for other cheaters getting unbanned, including some of the least desirable people this communitys graced, so as unfortunate as it is for some, regarding other cheaters, its fair to have a permanent ban.

Deleted member 6228

It could be handled on a case to case bases however, KQLY being unbanned didnt mean that Valve mass unbanned any other cheaters, they just saw he made effort to reform and wanted to compete again, so it can be done this way

Reaction score
I agree with you and disagree at the same time.
Yes, cheaters would try to get unbanned if one does manage to get unbanned, BUT i believe that it should be under very specific circumstances.

Reaction score
ok only hackers should be perm banned forever, all other people who are perm banned should have 1 year bans or longer

Reaction score
People saying "oh give this guy a second chance" don't understand the concept of a ban, a ban that is temporary is a second chance, people like @Shokron13 have had 18 chances but haven't sorted themselves out.

Deleted member 6228

What about others with less bans or cleaner records?

Reaction score
Daymon, first of all thanks for your opinion.
My record was terrible before me being banned for cheating and im aware of that, it was up to staff to decide if i should be permed before i got banned for cheating, which happend but i disputed it successfully.

Reaction score
Tbf I've never seen a member of a community leave because of a cheater, but because of certain people (@Mage @Creepis @Sorle @JER u know what I mean). Some people from the community that cheated deserve a 2nd chance, but other just dont.

Reaction score
Theres a huge difference in being a e-sports player and some random skid who goes on PERP and cheats for the fuck of it.
I legit have no patience for people who cheat because it devalues everything else in the game which they cheated. Good riddance is all I say