Why aren't you playing?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Im not sure how much influence you had in deciding the new CoD but as much as Samuel deserved it with all his hard work and how long he had been here. You knew more than anyone how much interest he lost in playing, how inactive he was on the server and how much he'd rather play Nazi RP. @TinySlayer having other priorities must have been another factor.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
@Samuel it's been an issue for a while. Not you but with Majors and other command members. Letting people keep roles because "they don't need to be active" should never have been a thing. You have @Momo who hasn't been active in over a year. @Shay has been inactive for months. When someone in IA command like @A1L is on everyday who could easily do his job or even @Super_ when he didn't have exams. @Madda resigns from Major due to inactivity and applies for TFU command, I can guarantee you had multiple active applicants however Madda is chosen due to experience rather than potential as it's' obvious he'll lose interest again if he resigned from Tactical Operations virtually the same role shortly before. The problem isn't just you, it's what you've allowed. These are roles that could encourage people to play the server. You give 1 person major, another gets captain, another gets lt, that's 3 more active players for a dying playerbase and let the inactive ones go. Rather than make this personal to me and say "If I didnt get myself banned I could have been in a chief position" can you explain how keeping them in these roles inactive is better?

Sam

Reaction score
@Daigestive So first off, yes of course command should be active ingame, after all its the point of the PD.

Some command members can justify their ingame inactivity. Like @Momo and @TinySlayer . Both of them spend a lot of time on other stuff, like IA and development. To be totally honest, I can not see anyone that can replace @Momo at this point. So if he were to resign it would leave a big hole in the PD. Momo is not very interested in spending too many hours on the server, but he does a very good job within PSD. So I and previous CoD allowed him to continue.

We are already recruiting a new Head of IA to replace Shay as he no longer got the time. As for @Madda I can tell you that he will be active as dictated in policy.

Reaction score
I still strongly believe that a Wikimedia needs to be setup on this webserver that all players, old and new can refer to when stuck or struggling to understand a concept of the server. This game has changed dramatically since I first joined and I like to put myself in the shoes of new players when they ask me questions like "How do I get a job". Each job is different and beyond that, what happens when they want to do other things in this game? There are so many things that are extremely complicated to achieve and understand.

A properly formatted, indexed and laid out Wiki would be ideal and would cut out a lot of the confusion for everyone. Documents can have pictures, diagrams and written explanations... Even videos can be included to give players a - easy to absorb - direction of how they can perform certain tasks, earn money and get themselves in a situation that makes them enjoy the game properly.

I believe that if I joined the server today with no knowledge of Pulsar Effect (or even PERPHeads version for that matter) would be extremely discouraged and would probably give up. The in-game FAQ is useless. It is not formatted well, and lacks important and useful information. The UI and structure of the interface is also out-dated and does not help confusion for new or even regular players.

This gamemode has been modified and changed a lot and most of the new features have been made in such a way that they work around the existing UI for PERP which was always lacking as it was. I believe that there needs to be a large scale redevelopment of the whole structure of the gamemode and the interface while keeping much of the functions the same, if not simpler to follow yet in-depth.

I have been playing Garry's Mod for a long time and unfortunately people move on. Although we can't ignore the fact that the culture around Garry's Mod has changed dramatically in the past 2-3 years there are still good ways of pulling in new players. I personally feel as though the ratio of people moving on and leaving is greater than that of new players joining. Maybe even a dialog to give players the option to watch a short video showing them some very basic information would be a good idea (of course with the option to watch it or not as some people would rather figure it out for themselves)

Adding onto what I said, the Guide Subforum is ineffective and unorganized. It cannot possibly be indexed correctly and a lot of the information is either not current or is poorly presented, which is an opinion that I unfortunately share with the Police Department as well. I believe that the Knowledge area should also be moved to a Wiki format which makes it easier to find resources and feels less restricted. Even the laws and rules could be formatted in - while not the exact same way- could be formatted in a similar way.

In regards to the Police Department, I feel that it is a good system. Having said that, it can be challenging to actually get to a high rank or to get more opportunities. Also, due to applications constantly closing, I sometimes feel left out and discouraged to even attempt to get more roles. While this may be a challenge to combat, there is also a big problem with Civs in the game disrespecting officers due to their low rank and using the power of the ability to request a supervisor to put the officer down and cloud their own judgement. I believe that something needs to be done to boost the moral and self-respect of low ranking officers. This is a problem that is currently happening now in real life in the United Kingdom. Officers are worried about pointing out problems or addressing people and often let crimes go unpunished at risk of being accused of Discrimination or being unable to use their own judgement at the risk they are incorrect. I think this is partially due to the fact that staff have now seemed to distance themselves from Police related issues within the game and instead use Roleplay methods of dealing with these issues. This process can become slow and ineffective.

If you would like to hear any more opinions on the matter feel free to message me as I have ideas of how this could be played out.

Last edited:
Reaction score
As for the "wikimedia", me and several other users spent a few hours each making guides on separate topics to send to Ayjay to make one big guide on the domain "help.perpheads.com", but even after we wrote all the guides I guess ayjay just didn't have the time or motivation to set it all up to work.

Shame because it would've been a really good resource for people to use but it just got thrown down the drain, and even more so now that Ayjay is gone.

f1a6b69e11.gif

21996861d11a452b217168c8a4adb14f.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
"I think this is partially due to the fact that staff have now seemed to distance themselves from Police related issues within the game and instead use Roleplay methods of dealing with these issues. This process can become slow and ineffective."

I'm curious of what you mean by this. In my opinion solving something in character is more preferable than both users getting pulled on a roof, when possible of course.

Reaction score
I am just trying to think of things that could be the reason why the stigma around officers has changed so much. I may be wrong, but this is one thing that I thought could be the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.