Auto Clickers - Crafting

Ayjay

Reaction score
could we get an update on the current status of this? is it allowed as long as no advantage is obtained and you're not afk?

It's not allowed, the crafting system is built this way for a reason, if we wanted it to be automated, it'd be automated.

Reaction score
This is probably an operation to find out who's been doing this.

And yes it gives you an advantage as you can go away and potentionally craft faster as you can't missclick.

Reaction score
Theres not even a point in trying to enforce this, idk what the logs are like but even finding out of someone is using one would be super hard. Actually getting enough evidence to ban someone for it would be even harder. The only way to really see if someone might be doing it is check the intervals between when they are crafting stuff and thats easy to get around.

Old post and I just realized id already posted on this, oops. Point still stands thats more or less the only way to prove it. Oh and I don't see it being worth the time for you to actually code some way to detect this with reasonable amounts of certainty. If you don't want people using macros just change how crafting works.

Reaction score
Theres not even a point in trying to enforce this, idk what the logs are like but even finding out of someone is using one would be super hard. Actually getting enough evidence to ban someone for it would be even harder. The only way to really see if someone might be doing it is check the intervals between when they are crafting stuff and thats easy to get around.

Old post and I just realized id already posted on this, oops. Point still stands thats more or less the only way to prove it. Oh and I don't see it being worth the time for you to actually code some way to detect this with reasonable amounts of certainty. If you don't want people using macros just change how crafting works.
mate you've been on 4 days this year why even voice your opinion

36c.jpg

Reaction score

crafting needs some sort of change either way, the time spent attempting to enforce this rule could be put towards making crafting less ridiculously tedious.

each gun takes around 3-5 minutes to craft even after going through the process of buying all the materials and getting the money, and don't even get me on to how aids rifle ammo is to craft.

Ayjay

Reaction score
crafting needs some sort of change either way, the time spent attempting to enforce this rule could be put towards making crafting less ridiculously tedious.

each gun takes around 3-5 minutes to craft even after going through the process of buying all the materials and getting the money, and don't even get me on to how aids rifle ammo is to craft.

But the developers don't spend time enforcing this rule (or any rules), so how could the time be put into that rather than administrating?

Reaction score
But the developers don't spend time enforcing this rule (or any rules), so how could the time be put into that rather than administrating?
good point, poor wording on my part

should've rather specified that a revamp should take the place of implementing measures to counter the use of macros by developers

Ayjay

Reaction score
good point, poor wording on my part

should've rather specified that a revamp should take the place of implementing measures to counter the use of macros by developers

I do agree that crafting is annoying, but I don't understand what measures could be put in place to 'counter macros'. All macros do is stop the need of clicking, they don't speed up the process. How would you say we should implement a new system?

Reaction score
I do agree that crafting is annoying, but I don't understand what measures could be put in place to 'counter macros'. All macros do is stop the need of clicking, they don't speed up the process. How would you say we should implement a new system?
Instead of, say, having a system in place which measures the exact pixel clicked and checks if it stays exactly the same upon further crafting, it would be easier to either:

- Increase the extra crafting speed gained by levelling up crafting, or making crafting faster upon level-up if this is not already implemented (someone said it was a while back)

- Make crafting an item just one click, instead of multiple clicks, but keeping the overall crafting time the same, excluding actually clicking

- Just overall decrease the time crafting takes

Any of these three would either decrease or eliminate the desire for a macro.

Ayjay

Reaction score
Instead of, say, having a system in place which measures the exact pixel clicked and checks if it stays exactly the same upon further crafting, it would be easier to either:

- Increase the extra crafting speed gained by levelling up crafting, or making crafting faster upon level-up if this is not already implemented (someone said it was a while back)

- Make crafting an item just one click, instead of multiple clicks, but keeping the overall crafting time the same, excluding actually clicking

- Just overall decrease the time crafting takes

Any of these three would either decrease or eliminate the desire for a macro.

I don't agree with decreasing the time it takes all together, but as you level up is definitely a good suggestion imo.

It would make little sense to remove the clicking though, because a large amount of the player base don't use macros & there should absolutely still be some form of interaction with the crafting menu rather than just a waiting sim.

Reaction score
I don't agree with decreasing the time it takes all together, but as you level up is definitely a good suggestion imo.

It would make little sense to remove the clicking though, because a large amount of the player base don't use macros & there should absolutely still be some form of interaction with the crafting menu rather than just a waiting sim.
yeah, the main purpose of putting the one-click idea forward was just to increase the variety of options to reduce the need for a macro, even if I myself don't consider it viable.

I'll probably put a suggestion forward later to do with a level-based system, as it seems like the most reasonable suggestion which doesn't make crafting TOO easy.