Auto Clickers - Crafting

Reaction score
Heya,

I've just heard a few sides to the argument of auto-clickers and crafting. A few staff members have outlawed the usage of them and others have advised against them if you're going AFK whilst crafting or some completely allow it. I want to know the communities opinions on this and call for the staff team to try and discuss this publicly, involving the community's feelings for a positive and well accepted change to the community rules, if not a clarification to them. Feel free to respond but try keep to the forum rules, having good lengthy responses that wouldn't be viable in a comment, otherwise you can utilise the comment function to keep this thread nice and clean.

I've took out my opinions from the post to keep responses unbiased.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd rather not get RSI when i craft, i really don't see the issue with it as it really doesn't affect anyone else, and you still spend the same time on crafting as anyone else and are unable to do anything else really.
AENn2DK.png

MUH MACRO PLS

RSI-1.jpg

Reaction score
6.2 Third-Party Software, Macros and Scripts
Any third-party software, macros or scripts which give players an advantage over other players will not be tolerated and should not be used.
In my opinion I believe it should be allowed of course. Everyone can use an easy mouse recorder in order to craft items. In my opinion it is not giving you an advantage over other players but some staff members can see this as an advantage ofcourse. staff discretion LUL

I understand of course that the crafting system is put in place for you actually to do it but in my opinion you should be allowed to use a mouse recorder aslong as you're not AFK. Any member of the community can download one of those programs. It is not really giving you an advantage over other players in my opinion.

Also there is not a big ''time'' difference in using a mouse recorder and doing it manually because as soon as you click the crafting material a loading bar appears (this is what i mean) this means that in this period of time you got all the time of the world to set your mouse on the next material. At this point having a mouse recorder wouldn't be faster really however, when crafting metal it will be a lot faster I believe.

rat

Reaction score
If you have to do this the crafting system itself is probably flawed.

If you don't have the time to craft weapons - buy them. That's the whole point of making them hard to craft. Perhaps the way in which they are obtained is flawed, but I am under the firm belief that using any program to bypass any area of the game is undermining the reasons it is that way in the first place.

Last edited:
Reaction score
In my opinion I believe it should be allowed of course. Everyone can use an easy mouse recorder in order to craft items. In my opinion it is not giving you an advantage over other players but some staff members can see this as an advantage ofcourse. staff discretion LUL

I understand of course that the crafting system is put in place for you actually to do it but in my opinion you should be allowed to use a mouse recorder aslong as you're not AFK. Any member of the community can download one of those programs. It is not really giving you an advantage over other players in my opinion.

Also there is not a big ''time'' difference in using a mouse recorder and doing it manually because as soon as you click the crafting material a loading bar appears (this is what i mean) this means that in this period of time you got all the time of the world to set your mouse on the next material. At this point having a mouse recorder wouldn't be faster really however, when crafting metal it will be a lot faster I believe.
The time it takes to record the macro and tune the speeds, you would have been able to craft metal already in 50 times, so i don't see the issue here as i doubt anyone will spend 5 minutes for a macro for something that is instant anyways.

Besides, for corsair mice and for most macro software you have so many actions recorded that in 5 seconds you have 7000 actions.
This all depends on tuning but you loose so much time making this faster
EJc8ErM.png

Reaction score
Should be allowed eventhough it gives you an advantage of getting it done faster and sparing you from having a disorder. My reasoning is because we shouldnt have to spend 5 hours trying to get some virtual weapons crafted just to lose them within 2hrs.

Reaction score
BHOP Macro > Crafting Macro :DDD

Imo it should be allowed, it doesn't give you an advantage over anyone else. Although I believe players should be at the PC at all times (dont go afk)

Reaction score
i really don't see the issue with it as it really doesn't affect anyone else
Might as well just say that the best orgs are allowed to use aimbots because they were going to win anyway ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
The whole point of the crafting system is for players to grind out crafting the weapons themselves, and not some macro doing it for them.
If you want this kind of stuff to be allowed you could very well just say you want to remove crafting times and allow instant craftable weapons

Reaction score
Auto clicking should not be allowed if you go afk as if something happens while your away. E.G Your stove catches fire or someone tries to mug you, you aren't there to deal with it and it will ruin others experience and will be extremely annoying. However, If you are at your computer and your actually looking at your screen it should be ok. I myself when I used to grow just liked to watch YouTube on my IPad in front of my computer. That way I am entertained and I am aware of whats going on in-game.

Reaction score
I personally think that it's an unrealistic advantage, looking from a realism point of view.

Sure, we have machines to produce everything in real life today, but I don't think that production should be automated on the server, unless they actually add machines that you can buy to produce items.

I'm sure the chinese women working their ass off every day producing your Iphone would love to be able to just record a macro, but guess what, they can't. Crafting something all day every day is a painfully boring task. That's why they have suicide nets at the apple factories.
article-2092277-117966E4000005DC-774_634x462.jpg

TL;DR don't allow macros. It takes the effort away from crafting.

Reaction score
Theres the point that when clicking your bind key every two minutes or once it’s finished crafting when you’ve just finished crafting it’s actually going to be slower than manually doing it.

M

Reaction score
I'd rather not get RSI when i craft,

PERP players already have RSI /phone
[DOUBLEPOST=1512430611,1512430523][/DOUBLEPOST]Outlawing it is fucking dumb anyway you have very little way of telling who's doing it, and even if there was a way it's nowhere near worth the effort.

Reaction score
My 2 cents,
Basically I think it shouldn't be allowed. PERP is a rather in depth role play community, and though I think the barrier for entry in crafting should be lowered to allow new players better opportunity early on we also need to keep it harder to to go up in levels. Honestly we have to have more goals that players strive and grind to achieve because that is what keeps many non-government players busy and active in the community. If somebody can just use a macro to grind up to the high levels then A) they won't feel they really accomplished anything and B) they will probably lose interest quicker. I have been here 2 and a half years and my firearms is only 62 because I don't craft that much, but recently my off-duty life has grown more with me trying to get that level up and sell off the weapons I made. And even though it takes forever, when I'm done I feel as though I earned that level and I am encouraged to continue to grow it.

Tl;dr; No macros because it makes things too easy. People need to have goals to stay here. Make some a few weapons easier though so new players aren't discouraged

Reaction score
Basically I think it shouldn't be allowed. PERP is a rather in depth role play community
its cops and robbers mate, most rp I've seen is a door being c2'd.
B) they will probably lose interest quicker.
Bollocks, no one enjoys crafting with the current system its seriously prolonged and its stale as fuck.
my firearms is only 62 because I don't craft that much
Now this post makes sense, you clearly haven't experienced grinding firearms properly its fucking aids.
Tl;dr; No macros because it makes things too easy. People need to have goals to stay here. Make some a few weapons easier though so new players aren't discouraged
So reducing crafting times of a few weapons would encourage people to craft more? unless that's an m4 its not going to happen, only gun being used these days anyway lmfao.

Although I understand you want to make subtle changes without redoing the system altogether most crims/off duty people are constantly complaining, I suggest you take a day or two crafting properly and grind. Throwback to crafting 400 boxes of rile ammo for Olsen lmfao. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Other side of the argument is that newer players seem to be getting it easier more and more imo and people like @Imperial Watch had to grind just like everyone else for it, then again is this a strong argument to keep a broken system? I doubt it but whatever.

Reaction score
I'd like to see a staff member attempt to prove someone is using a macro or the backlash followed by a ban handed out when a staff member suspects someone of using it. You have a better chance of catching a cheater.

Reaction score
i kind of want to support the use of macros just because i need to craft 20 m4s and 65 rifle ammo and loads of other aids and i know its gonna be painful and this will help a decent amount

moral of the story: rifle ammo is aids give us macros

Reaction score
I'd like to see a staff member attempt to prove someone is using a macro or the backlash followed by a ban handed out when a staff member suspects someone of using it. You have a better chance of catching a cheater.
I have no clue how perp anticheat system works but i do believe i've heard in other games (I know for example Runescape) that when it comes to bots and macros and that kind of stuff in games it records your cursor movements so it can tell your cursor executes a command on the exact same spot it did like 10-20 commands ago and if it records a pattern it flags your account.
But it's like they say; It's smart to cheat but it's stupid to get caught
moral of the story: rifle ammo is aids give us macros
Moral of the story: If you want to get somewhere, do the work it requires to get there and don't rely on macros to do it for you, you lazy bumb

Reaction score
Since I do not fully know if this is allowed now , can we get a staff member to confirm if this is allowed or not? (aslong as your not afk) or bring it up in a staff meeting ?

I don't wanna get banned for ''cheating'' lul

M

Reaction score
At the same time the new rule needs to be updated to namely exclude DVRs because at present they would technically be forbidden (in some senses, you can gain an advantage from reviewing DVR footage to enhance/refine your own IC memory).

Reaction score
could we get an update on the current status of this? is it allowed as long as no advantage is obtained and you're not afk?