flugs V

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: flugs

ROLEPLAY NAME: Jacob Blooregard

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:0:91646864 (link)

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER?:
I realise that I said in my last resignation that I would not be coming back to the staff team. This said, bollocks that. I have since concluded that there is no point saying something like that and limiting myself when in reality I thoroughly enjoy undertaking in the role of a staff member and now have the time to be able to do it again. I understand that there is added pressure on the staff team right now due to the high volume of reports constantly coming in, and to me it would be a genuine privilege to be able to join in on the front line and help as much as I can. Like I said, I love being a staff member; it's something that really makes sense to me, and is something that I've really missed doing.

I have attempted to re-integrate myself into the community these last few weeks via activity in the discord, forums and of course on the server. When engaging with these platforms, I attempt to show my willingness to help and my server knowledge by answering any questions that may be asked either in help chat or text chat in a way that is constructive and concise. I also try to assist players, new and old, in-game with anything they may want assistance with. This is something that I enjoy doing, and to be able to carry on doing that but in a way I can have a more positive impact would be fantastic.

I have years of combined experience as a staff member, all the necessary knowledge of the rules and laws of this server to carry out the role, as well as a unique set of skills and qualities that include good judgement, motivation, maturity, humility and teamwork. I won’t go into too much detail to avoid repeating myself or making this unnecessarily long so I’ll list my previous (accepted) Enforcer applications for those who want more details:

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY?:
Having finished school, despite working more hours I've found that I have a lot more free time than I did during my previous two stints on the staff team. This added free time, especially over the summer, means I can actively cater to this role and play on the server a lot more without the added stresses that were present during my previous time as a staff member. Life has taken over this last year and I've been a busy old bee, but things are very much on track these days and I'm very happy with the direction I'm moving, to the point where I feel like I finally have the time to commit to PERP properly again - and maintain this commitment!

For those who are interested, here are some of the recommendations I have received in my time here. They should serve as a vague portfolio of my time as a player and as a staff member, and what to expect of me should I be appointed this rank:

REQUIREMENTS:
In order for your application to be considered, you must meet the following requirements:

Your time played on the server must be at least one week.
Yes​
No recent in-game bans, warnings or blacklists on record, this includes both the forums and the server (1 month)
Yes​
You must have an extensive knowledge and understanding of the server rules and laws to the extent where you can enforce them.
Yes​
You must have access to and use a microphone.
Yes​
You must maintain an active presence on the Discord Server.
Yes​

Reaction score
guess i will continue singing this guys praises on high

if you argue "but he'll leave in a month" or whatever - so? after speaking to him i personally know he's here to stay, but if he were to leave what harm would that be? you're not exactly committing a lot of time into training him as he has more than extensive experience over the years, and i could only ever see him proving as a benefit to the staff team in any period of time he's a part of it, so what harm could that do?

he has proven time and time again to be a significantly valuable asset to the staff team and his heart is in the right place, and just from general interactions theres definitely been a noticeable increase in maturity over the years so i see no reason why he wouldnt be a good fit

yea gwon +1

Reaction score
  • Staff
guess i will continue singing this guys praises on high

if you argue "but he'll leave in a month" or whatever - so? after speaking to him i personally know he's here to stay, but if he were to leave what harm would that be? you're not exactly committing a lot of time into training him as he has more than extensive experience over the years, and i could only ever see him proving as a benefit to the staff team in any period of time he's a part of it, so what harm could that do?

he has proven time and time again to be a significantly valuable asset to the staff team and his heart is in the right place, and just from general interactions theres definitely been a noticeable increase in maturity over the years so i see no reason why he wouldnt be a good fit

yea gwon +1
go on then lad

thank you sorle, much appreciated man <3

i actually especially appreciate you addressing the leaving thing as that’s not something i was sure i wanted to discuss or not. my mentality behind my previous two stints has been more or less like this; if one wants to do a summer job, put in the hours and benefit their employer for a vague/shorter period of time, then they don’t have the time around that, they would go idle and maybe or maybe not remain contracted. in my history i see that as no different, except instead of sitting idle i forfeit my rank and reapplied when i had the time again.

i know those two aren’t the same things and that’s a really dragged out way of explaining it, and you are right that i am be here to stay this time, but i still thought it’d be worth mentioning my logic as where some may find it immature or feel it affects my credibility, i was very busy around those times and thought it better to free up a role for someone else. i definitely communicated that badly and that’s on me, and i didn’t always estimate my circumstances very well, but that’s the thick and thin of it really.

Reaction score
The oldie is coming back! Love to see him as staff again! I only had a small interaction with flugs but he seems like a cool dude! Would love to see him as staff once again!

Reaction score
Flugs is a tried and tested member of the staff team and I see no reason, other than concerns over activity or longevity, to not accept this application. I think @Sorle addressed those points well so I won't labour on them.

My main focus of support is what additional qualities Flugs could give the team. Dealing with reports, forum requests et cetera does form the bread and butter of the staff role but I think what else someone can bring to the team is also crucial. Flugs was always one of the trailblazers in continuous improvement of the staff team, actively contributing to the development of the rules and even doing a lot of groundwork in overhauling guidance. His extensive knowledge and passion for the community always meant his contributions were well thought out and only served positively in improving the server for everyone.

I think at a time where there are many newer staff members on the team, another source of wisdom and mentoring would surely be welcomed. Fresh staff does bring fresh ideas and ways of working, but sometimes a little bit of the old and stable can go a long way.

I will add for transparency that Flugs and I did have an extensive conversation about him applying for staff again and, any concerns that I might've reasonably held (which I didn't to be truthful) he addressed with confidence and charisma.

I wish you the best of luck.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Flugs is a tried and tested member of the staff team and I see no reason, other than concerns over activity or longevity, to not accept this application. I think @Sorle addressed those points well so I won't labour on them.

My main focus of support is what additional qualities Flugs could give the team. Dealing with reports, forum requests et cetera does form the bread and butter of the staff role but I think what else someone can bring to the team is also crucial. Flugs was always one of the trailblazers in continuous improvement of the staff team, actively contributing to the development of the rules and even doing a lot of groundwork in overhauling guidance. His extensive knowledge and passion for the community always meant his contributions were well thought out and only served positively in improving the server for everyone.

I think at a time where there are many newer staff members on the team, another source of wisdom and mentoring would surely be welcomed. Fresh staff does bring fresh ideas and ways of working, but sometimes a little bit of the old and stable can go a long way.

I will add for transparency that Flugs and I did have an extensive conversation about him applying for staff again and, any concerns that I might've reasonably held (which I didn't to be truthful) he addressed with confidence and charisma.

I wish you the best of luck.
really appreciate what you've said here mate, thank you!

Deleted member 4084

personally reject he's a knob for trying to steal my solution on support
jokes aside, I've had a couple convos with mr flugs and by all means, regardless of activity or how long he stays (not like ur really gonna put much effort into training tbf he knows what hes doing init) he's there to help, and has been a kind soul to everyone--touching a piece of everyone's soul
if you give him senior he can promote me to admin straight away

Reaction score
Seeing Flugs put a list of his applications per year makes me think he is going to add another one next year to make it some cursed accepted list
pure coincidence don't what you're talking about

meanwhile in 2035.....
1691606414611.png

Reaction score
personally reject he's a knob for trying to steal my solution on support
jokes aside, I've had a couple convos with mr flugs and by all means, regardless of activity or how long he stays (not like ur really gonna put much effort into training tbf he knows what hes doing init) he's there to help, and has been a kind soul to everyone--touching a piece of everyone's soul
if you give him senior he can promote me to admin straight away
thank you my friend, aren't you so kind. the effect still hasn't worn off....

jokes aside thank you for your support!

Status
Not open for further replies.