PassiveRP

Should PassiveRP exist on Perpheads?

• Yes, always and you should help people who try it.

Votes: 58 55.8%
  • Yes, but drugs are always better.

Votes: 8 7.7%
  • I don't really care what people do, but I'll at least take a look at what they're doing

Votes: 25 24.0%
  • I don't care that much and will just ignore them.

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • No, perp is a gamemode about cops and robbers but I don't specifically target them.

Votes: 5 4.8%
  • Wait, free muggings? Hell yeah i'll go do that.

Votes: 3 2.9%

• Total voters
Reaction score
So, today I heard people talking about thinking that passiverp shouldn't exist on the server. Even though i've been here for two years I've never heard someone blatantly say a "serious" Rp server shouldn't have passiverp, suggesting that presumably it should just be shooting people and powergrowing drugs (which just sounds kinda like DarkRP to me) So I figured I'd make an opinion poll, why not right?

Reaction score
The problem is most of the people who congratulate you on passiveRP (Which is awkward because it's what you're kinda supposed to do) will turn right back around and power-grow with their petty org. There just needs to be more balance in legal and illegal methods of making money.

Reaction score
I don't think people who say that are serious mate.

You can't stuff PassiveRP down someone's throat. That's why it gets tideous for people who doens't do it to constantly get the "Why are you not passiveRPing"-talk. Ofcourse people can passiveRP. I find it funny and creative but it should NEVER be forced to someone. That just discourages them from ever doing it themselves.

Reaction score
You can't really roleplay anything without having the autistic mongols of this server come fuck it up. Every time I've done some sort of actual roleplay, or seen others do it. You will always see people jumping on people's heads, running around everywhere, screaming in the mic, that sort of stuff. @Thomas DeSimone we had a discussion about this, remember?

Reaction score
For a start this has no context, you accused Dom of mugging you when he never pulled a weapon and instantly took to the forums. We both then jokingly said that PassiveRP on perpheads is dumb, which tbh my opinion on that doesn't need to be voiced but you can probably guess by my play style lUl.

Majority of people play the server to raid, grow drugs or be a cop - that's how it has been and will continue to be. Unfortunately passive rp is a rare sight but most times people respect what you are doing without making a comment.

Also if you think I'm serious speak to @McYeke always telling him how good his passive rp is baby, quit the salt.

Reaction score
I know a few people who PassiveRP or at least try to, I have tried a few times myself with friends. But like @jjjackier said you usually get some mongs that just ruin it and its always been that way. It never ever lasts long and a lot of the time people get bored of doing it because no one shows an interest in it. One time @Esteboon the Squatalot made a fish shop selling fish and no one at all showed an interest apart from me and @cardstarvipe. Most people in the server aren't interested which I'm not saying is a bad thing but most people in the server just want, money, guns and fast cars and its always been like that not saying its a bad thing but that's just how it is. PassiveRP can be fun but it just never lasts. One last thing if you ever make a make an opinion poll again please keep the answers simple (e.g yes/no) makes it so much easier.

Reaction score
The problem is most of the people who congratulate you on passiveRP (Which is awkward because it's what you're kinda supposed to do) will turn right back around and power-grow with their petty org. There just needs to be more balance in legal and illegal methods of making money.
Stupid statement.

Perpheads is for passive rp? are you joking or? People aren't forced to passive rp like you aren't forced to raid or grow.
As @Blicky said to me 30 mins ago Raiding and growing is apart of perp, if you don't like it don't take part in it or find other ways of making money.

'grow with their petty org' I mean how blunt and narrow minded can you be at this stage? you're going to call out a group of people for being petty because they are doing what they enjoy? makes sense to me just because you enjoy doing something else.

More legal ways of making money? sure I agree, I'd love more legal ways. Should it pay the same amount as drugs? nah, its a higher risk meaning it should have a higher reward.

Reaction score
Stupid statement.

Perpheads is for passive rp? are you joking or? People aren't forced to passive rp like you aren't forced to raid or grow.
As @Blicky said to me 30 mins ago Raiding and growing is apart of perp, if you don't like it don't take part in it or find other ways of making money.

'grow with their petty org' I mean how blunt and narrow minded can you be at this stage? you're going to call out a group of people for being petty because they are doing what they enjoy? makes sense to me just because you enjoy doing something else.

More legal ways of making money? sure I agree, I'd love more legal ways. Should it pay the same amount as drugs? nah, its a higher risk meaning it should have a higher reward.
Just take a second to think of how stupid it sounds when you say a serious roleplay server shouldn't have people actually roleplaying but instead have people in their neon skirts and berets running around screeching from the top of their lungs getting to their projex apartment to sit there for 4 hours and grow.
tl;dr: try and actually roleplay instead of growing like it's some sort of cookie-clicker esque minigame where you grow, buy a new car, grow, buy a new car, grow, fuck up some passive-RPer's day, grow, repeat.

Reaction score
I don't believe that it is possible to conduct effective and meaningful passive RP on this server due to the nature of regular RP being a cops and robber style, which is effectively what the game mode is, yet it is quite obvious that the introduction of passive RP has always been fun but has been crushed out by how fucking boring it is to prolong gameplay such as this.

I don't think we should have passive RP other than opening up a passive RP mental health facility to avoid being raided whilst my narcotics are growing in the back. @Bean Can

Reaction score
Just take a second to think of how stupid it sounds when you say a serious roleplay server shouldn't have people actually roleplaying but instead have people in their neon skirts and berets running around screeching from the top of their lungs getting to their projex apartment to sit there for 4 hours and grow.
tl;dr: try and actually roleplay instead of growing like it's some sort of cookie-clicker esque minigame where you grow, buy a new car, grow, buy a new car, grow, fuck up some passive-RPer's day, grow, repeat.
Just take a second to think how stupid it sounds when you say a game should not have people having fun in their own way. Just because you do not like shootouts doesn't mean everyone needs to become an edgy mafia rp.

Reaction score
If people want to power grow in their base all day, let them. For all you know they are RP'ing as a drug grower, Just because people some times grow does not mean they don't PassiveRP.
If your point is that people should start PassiveRP'ing and not grow, then whats the point of being a cop?

Reaction score
Just take a second to think how stupid it sounds when you say a game should not have people having fun in their own way. Just because you do not like shootouts doesn't mean everyone needs to become an edgy mafia rp.
Just take a second to go back and find the part where I said you can't power-grow. You can grow all you fucking want, atleast try and seriously roleplay doing it.

Reaction score
If people want to roleplay in certain ways let them? if they are having fun, enjoying the server and bringing in the $$$ to keep it alive why complain? without the people that just powergrow the server wouldn't have half the players. Face facts, people prefer growing and raiding to passive rp.

Reaction score
Thomas, why are you arguing about people not doing a certain thing that you find fun? just because it's there and you can do it does not mean people have to.

Reaction score
Just take a second to go back and find the part where I said you can't power-grow. You can grow all you fucking want, atleast try and seriously roleplay doing it.
If I roleplayed as a Nigerian Warlord while I am squeaky as fuck and will say things in my british accent like "don't boil my kettle kiddo" you would get triggered.
Just do not get TRIGGERED when someone doesn't follow your ideal regime for roleplay.

Reaction score
I don't think people who say that are serious mate.

You can't stuff PassiveRP down someone's throat. That's why it gets tideous for people who doens't do it to constantly get the "Why are you not passiveRPing"-talk. Ofcourse people can passiveRP. I find it funny and creative but it should NEVER be forced to someone. That just discourages them from ever doing it themselves.
"You shouldn't force people to roleplay on a roleplaying server."
If all you want to do is stay in your base, press f1, press mouse one a couple of times and plop your ass down for a couple of hours till you get raided; then there are servers that do that far better than PERP ever will. Just go to DarkRP and you'll get the results you want far quicker and easier, all without having to follow those silly "rules" revolving around creating a decent role-playing environment.

However, I can't blame people sometimes for not wanting the play on the server AT ALL because of how unrewarding and boring it can become, not to mention how hostile people can be. Wanna to set up a news station? Get raided by 5 guys with AR's. Wanna set up a restaurant? Get mugged.

Then jobs, in which, are far more dependant on role-playing such as the PD are hampered by criminals who will do quite literally ANYTHING to not spend 10 minutes in jail, NO matter how unrealistic. Stuff like Twinning, in which, is unrealistically making your character's the exact same as others, to hamper the ability for Officers to identify you as a tactic to get off of a case. Even when you finally crack the case you'll be called every word in the book by these criminals, and you simply have to take it, with a smile, and if you so much as look at them the wrong way expect an IA complaint. I get the fact that it's a game and people get mad but the DISGUSTING things people will say to you, out of SHEER hatred and for what? You having to spend 10 minutes of your life being AFK? These are the reason why I struggle to find a reason why to come to the server anymore; the community is simply way too toxic, to maintain a decent role-playing environment without directly incentivizing it with money.

Reaction score
Passive RP should never be something you are forced to do, because lets be honest here if the server was all about passive RP it wouldn't be what it is today. There are people who enjoy passive RP and there are people who enjoy something challenging such as raiding people or earning money to become the most dominant. You should never rant about how non-passive the server is because you can make Passive RP exist if you want to. @Testa Lagusa is a person well known for his Passive RP and he's come a long way. So if you rant about people not letting you passive RP you're lying to yourself and trying to cause some sort of drama.

Reaction score
"You shouldn't force people to roleplay on a roleplaying server."
Where exactly did you get that quote. I said you shouldn't force people to PASSIVERP. There's a huge difference mate. One can roleplay without it being passive. Please know what you're talking about before quoting something that's not true.

Reaction score
Thomas I am on mobile so will reply to your comment via a reply.
"I'm not triggered, all I said was people should roleplay seriously what the fuck lmao"
Ols3n Banden seriously roleplay as criminals but you do not like that type of roleplay? It seems you have a focused mindset on what your ideal roleplay scenario is and when it doesn't happen and people express different ideas you get a ickle bit angry.

Last edited by a moderator: