• Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5193

STEAM NAME: Tom

IN-GAME NAME: Thomas Fredrick

STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:39479578

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER:
I joined PERPHeads in early 2016, since then I have attempted to familiarize myself with the all of the rules and laws of the server. I aim to always be a respectful and considerate player, and I feel that would be a great quality for becoming a staff member. I treat everyone with equal respect and always aim to go out of my way to help those in need. I’d consider myself a caring and understanding person, and that sort of friendly attitude should hopefully help me in proving myself as worthy for enforcer.

I always try to keep myself out of trouble and gain respect from members of the community. I feel it is the best way to enjoy yourself here. I am always actively trying to help people both out of character and new players who come up to me seeking help. I’m here to enjoy myself, so I don’t see why others shouldn’t. My aim has always been to make other players time here more enjoyable.

Although I cannot claim to have been a staff member in this community before, I can say that I’ve held staff ranks, both low and high, on other roleplay communities. I’ve been playing Garry’s Mod for a stupidly long amount of time, and most of that has been on roleplay communities. I’ve racked up my hours to around 8000 now, so I’d say I’m an experienced player.

Although recently I’ve been somewhat busy with final exams and ensuring the highest grade on my college qualification, I’ve been active in game and insanely active on TeamSpeak, the forums and PLPD Online. My community involvement barely dropped during this period. I’ve now finished college until September, so my activity should be flawless.

Another thing that shows how involved I’ve attempted to be in the community is my position in the Paralake Police Department. I currently hold the rank of Lieutenant in the Road Traffic Division. I’ve held this rank for 4 months, and in that time I’ve tried to demonstrate how much of a hard worker I can be.

I’ve got one ban on record, this was from Rogue Car Tyres, who said in my last application it could be removed. Sadly, I don’t remember the details on this ban and they don’t display on the bans page. The ban is shown below:
UlUenAXBHSANkhhIuR7_HpEdHnnODoW4P7CDQvL1z4ICux4rDuUHKfHBW-Ay23H4rJUYFpARFX-NVN_ddNMRcUY0m-x6TqWlljGXfzDdVZYss5St8QfWfunbgc1ESV4-T2TKGvWr

I have a few warnings on record. They were mistakes I’ve made in the past, but no one is perfect. I have tried to learn from these and move on from them. Instead of filling this application with screenshots, you can view my warnings here.

ARE YOU ACTIVE ON THE TEAMSPEAK
I am highly active on TeamSpeak. I am on daily, most of the day.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY:
Thank you for reading :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Lol can we get a break from always pd people getting enforcer....

Get involved in more aspects of the server. You're a nice bloke but i just dont know whether you would be fit for enforcer.

Deleted member 6228

Your really hard working, did good stuff in the PD but like as moon said, when I played a lot I never saw you outside as a civie, going to stay neutral for now though.

Reaction score
Although I haven't seen you insanely active, I definitely think you have what it takes to become an enforcer personality wise. I think you have to definitely vary your RP however, as I don't think I've ever seen you doing non-pd stuff. It'd help if even if it wasn't criminal activity, if you engaged more with other parts of the community. It's good to hang around the bazaar from time to time, either buying stuff, selling stuff, etc.

To be honest, this lack of apparent experience in multiple aspects of the server makes me questions whether your judgement would be biased. If you don't ever engage in those activities (Within the rules) you won't be able to see the side of those who are doing those themselves. I think you should get more experience with more types of RP, or at least make yourself more known outside the PD.

I'm gonna be neutral on this.

Deleted member 5193

Your really hard working, did good stuff in the PD but like as moon said, when I played a lot I never saw you outside as a civie, going to stay neutral for now though.

Get involved in more aspects of the server. You're a nice bloke but i just dont know whether you would be fit for enforcer.

I appreciate your opinion here. Although I tend not to do much criminal stuff, I always aim to fit some passive RP in. I don't personally find the attraction in sitting and growing, or going out raiding. Thanks for your inputs, though!

Reaction score
I appreciate your opinion here. Although I tend not to do much criminal stuff, I always aim to fit some passive RP in. I don't personally find the attraction in sitting and growing, or going out raiding. Thanks for your inputs, though!

I definitely don't think you have to predominantly engage in criminal RP, however in order to become enforcer I feel it's necessary for you to at least occasionally engage in it. I also don't ever really see your passive RP, could you give some examples of it so we can see what else you do outside the PD?

Deleted member 5193

I definitely don't think you have to predominantly engage in criminal RP, however in order to become enforcer I feel it's necessary for you to at least occasionally engage in it. I also don't ever really see your passive RP, could you give some examples of it so we can see what else you do outside the PD?
I was often involved with the passive aspects of Trapani Pasta back when it was bigger. More recently, I've tried to open burger joints and furniture stores. The sort of thing that wouldn't give much in the way of profit, but would give a realism aspect and some entertainment to those who visit. It isn't always easy to open that sort of thing, but whenever I get the chance I try to get something open.

Reaction score
I was often involved with the passive aspects of Trapani Pasta back when it was bigger. More recently, I've tried to open burger joints and furniture stores. The sort of thing that wouldn't give much in the way of profit, but would give a realism aspect and some entertainment to those who visit.

I feel if that your main non-pd selling point is going to be passive RP, you have to be more frequent, or notable in it than you are. I don't ever see your burger or furniture stores running, and I always check for them when I'm online because I absolutely love to go to them to engage with other people. I feel that even if you avoided criminal roleplay, but stuck to PassiveRP (Selling food in Bazaar shop 3, or Business shop 2 are the best spots IMO) and did it more frequently than you currently do that I could definitely change this to a support. Variety is the spice of life, but I also thing it's a requirement for an enforcer to understand all aspects and gameplay elements on the server. Again, I think you've got the personality for it, but not quite there on the experience. I really wish you good luck on your app, and don't be like me and get a forum warning on review day :p

Reaction score

"PLPD people" is the majority of the server. "PLPD people" also show they can follow their specific policies, in this case reaching a command rank.

Deleted member 6228

"PLPD people" is the majority of the server. "PLPD people" also show they can follow their specific policies, in this case reaching a command rank.
And the other 50% of the server is the raiders, how can he be expected to apply the rules correctly when he will not know how and why raiders are thinking?

Deleted member 5193

And the other 50% of the server is the raiders, how can he be expected to apply the rules correctly when he will not know how and why raiders are thinking?
You make it sound like I've never done anything criminal. Although I am not actively a criminal, I've spent a fair bit of time raiding and growing. It is unfair to say that someone who isn't actively a criminal is unable to enforce rules correctly. I've got to LT in the PD, I think I've got a fair knowledge of how criminals operate by now.

Reaction score
Never heard of a police officer following policies bud?

If you create an account with PLPD online and go to https://plpd.online/resources/ you'll find that officers have an absolute assload of policies to follow. There are so many separate handbooks, videos, guides, manuals, etc. etc. etc. that you could spend hours just reading them. This doesn't even include the stock penal code. Perhaps you should look into the PLPD at least from an information standpoint before criticizing those who work in it.

Reaction score
If you create an account with PLPD online and go to https://plpd.online/resources/ you'll find that officers have an absolute assload of policies to follow. There are so many separate handbooks, videos, guides, manuals, etc. etc. etc. that you could spend hours just reading them. This doesn't even include the stock penal code. Perhaps you should look into the PLPD at least from an information standpoint before criticizing those who work in it.

My point was not that they had no policies, my point was that none of them followed them.

Reaction score
You make it sound like I've never done anything criminal. Although I am not actively a criminal, I've spent a fair bit of time raiding and growing. It is unfair to say that someone who isn't actively a criminal is unable to enforce rules correctly. I've got to LT in the PD, I think I've got a fair knowledge of how criminals operate by now.

I’m all honestly the 2/3 years I’ve been here I’ve never seen you raid, yes growing but not raiding, you are always cop so I don’t think you would be able to apply yourself to the mindset of a raider.

Deleted member 5193

I’m all honestly the 2/3 years I’ve been here I’ve never seen you raid, yes growing but not raiding, you are always cop so I don’t think you would be able to apply yourself to the mindset of a raider.

I appreciate that, but I have to say that I rarely see you at all. I don't think we cross paths so often, and that's fair enough. I won't deny that my activity in the PD is high, I have a rank to maintain and I aim to do that to the best of my ability. As I've already mentioned, I am no where near as active raiding or growing as I have been previously. However, I've spent enough time doing that to get a decent idea of the mindset of a typical raider. Thanks for your feedback though!

Reaction score
I appreciate that, but I have to say that I rarely see you at all. I don't think we cross paths so often, and that's fair enough. I won't deny that my activity in the PD is high, I have a rank to maintain and I aim to do that to the best of my ability. As I've already mentioned, I am no where near as active raiding or growing as I have been previously. However, I've spent enough time doing that to get a decent idea of the mindset of a typical raider. Thanks for your feedback though!

The reason why you haven't seen me is due to Exams, I'm basing this off before my exams, today was the first time I saw you and you was on duty.

Reaction score
+Support

I believe Thomas has competency through belonging to the Staff Team. Not only has he been in the PD for a while, he has also done much for the PD both IC and OOC. He has a good understanding of our rules & laws and has shown this throughout the years of him being apart of the Community.

I don't see how not being actively criminal causes him not to be able to understand why someone did a action? Considering the fact that in a sit and/or situation he should be able & competent enough to get two sides, not one side of a story?

I believe he is both competent and mature enough for this.

Good luck, dear.

Status
Not open for further replies.