Thoughts on American handling of the pandemic

Reaction score
I just wanted to start a little discussion about what everyone thinks about the complete butchery of the COVID-19 pandemic in the states by Trump and his administration, personally sharing more moderate views as a libertarian, I can find myself supporting trump. But I am pretty ashamed with the remarks, and handling that he has taken during this time of crisis. It’s actually hella worrying. Just curious what all y’all Europeans think. Honestly wishing Obama were here rn

Deleted member 1235

I just think it's retarded seeing the Americans protest against the stay at home orders. Their concept of freedom and liberty is alien to most of us.

Literally all of Europe and most of Asia have been in Lockdown, but we recognise the importance of it. We don't group together, wave the flag and cry tyranny because we can't get our hair cut

Reaction score
Agreed, Maine has extremely low case numbers compared to the rest of the country. And we have protests planned in the capitol because of the agrressive measures our governor has taken before cases have gotten severe. Saving lives and reducing case numbers.

Reaction score
I think it's really sad. Watching these protests make me wonder what the fuck kind of education they received, which isn't weird because I think Trump cut education funding? I might be wrong. It's like they've been taught "capitalism good everything else bad" so hard that they protest going to work instead of protesting their horrendous health care system. They're being fucked over and they don't even know about it. Worst part is that some people still defend their dogshit of a system.

Reaction score
They won’t be protesting when they get the virus thinking it’s “just a flu” and realise they cannot breathe. Some freedoms need to be sacrificed TEMPORARILY for the greater good.

Deleted member 6228

Didn't Trump also cut funding to the WHO while this was all going on? Idk about you son but the next flu pandemic is gunna wipe America off the map

Reaction score
Trump is pretty fucking retarded compared to most presidents whenever he fucks up, this one's massive. He refuses to take responsibility when he's literally the country's leader. AFAIK he's doing that because I bet no one near him has actually gotten the virus yet, so he doesn't see any reason to fuss. Cutting funding to WHO during this crisis was THE dumbest thing I've seen him do, I might have missed some things, I don't pay attention that much so feel free to enlighten me on that. I'd rather have obama ngl.
Now that some Americans protest against being kept indoors and off the streets, I know that a majority are born with stupid syndrome and lack common sense. Trump right now with America is a teenager who won the lottery going fucking mental, though I think that's been America for quite a while regardless of president.

Reaction score
WHO isn’t a federal organization, CDC cuts were made on the lead up prior to the outbreak though yes. That really bit him in the ass. Yet hardcore conservatives will still try telling you the economy is more important than thousands of lives

Reaction score
From what I’ve been able to gather Fox and other media outlets have drastically increased the drama associated with the cuts. Funding that goes to the UN Public health department (in turn goes to who I believe) was frozen while the administration investigated whether who gave early warning signs. Either way it’s not justified. Give me Obama

Reaction score
They just need to give it a rest, if everyone stayed inside this would clear up so much faster and they could get that trim that's so important to them and apparently everyone else because that's who they're affecting.

Reaction score
_111839303_gettyimages-1210050182.jpg

Definition of America in one picture