Tyla Jai's Enforcer Application

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
STEAM NAME: Tyla Jai

IN-GAME NAME: Tyla Jai

STEAM ID: STEAM_1:0:56687120

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE AN ENFORCER: I'd like to come back to the staff team as I enjoy helping others and any form of investigation even if it is as minor as the things I may deal with as an Enforcer or Moderator. I am active on the server and Teamspeak and have been playing during times where staff are busy or there are none online at all, I feel like I could fill the gap meaning there is one more person on the server ready and willing to deal with reports and issues. I won't lie, I was pretty pants as a staff member before, I had my good moments but I was let in the staff team as a 15 year old, it has been 5 years since and I have matured massively as a person. I love the occasional trolling around but I can give you all my assurance that this will not have any effect on my ability to be an effective and passionate staff member. I've been in this community since November 2013 which is over six years, I have built up a very good rapport with 95% of the community and I am sure anyone reading this will agree.

I have a lot of positive feedback within the PLPD, I am regularly complimented on my unique style of roleplay and am given thanks from my organisation members as I regularly recruit new players, teaching them the ropes in the hopes that they feel welcome and stay in the community. I've also received 25 player recommendations which also they are old, I will list them below anyway as people don't generally make recommendations anymore.
Allow me to address the elephant in the room so to speak, yes I was banned for cheating. I spent about 18 months behind bars after I was caught cheating and I didn't help myself by lying about it to TinySlayer, I have provided my assurance to Senior Administration that this will never occur again and I have proven that in the time I've been back. Also in the time I have been back I have been personally thanked by Senior Administration for my fun and unique roleplaying style, and I have also been thanked by a member of the development team for bug testing the new organisation update which will be released in the next couple of days.

As you will probably know, I am very active in the Police Department, this is something I am passionate about as I worked on the whitelist system with Jordan. I would like to share a few accomplishments from the PLPD, as seen below.

mv.png

Medal of Valor, 2017
"After the resignation of Cpt. LordTyla, C/O of Support Services. We have decided to award him the Medal of Valor, LordTyla has been with the Police Department ever since the start where we had the Board of Police Supervisors, the input that Tyla has given has helped shape the department to where it is today. Tyla created most of the art for the department and has helped shape the Support Services. Although being banned, we can't put behind the amazing efforts and level of service."

cp.png

Community Policing, 2020
"We are presenting Tyla with the Community Policing Award for his efforts in the recent Road Traffic Unit campaign #BetterSafeThanSorry as he ended it with a whopping 55 entries. His efforts and dedication have not gone unnoticed and it's great to see such high standards from a Traffic Officer."

I was also given two community awards;
  • Best Police Roleplay, Perpheads Community Awards 2016
  • Best Supervisor, Perpheads Community Awards 2015
6ZyUYLS.png

Since I have been back I felt like everything had changed and I struggled to understand new policies and a couple of changes to the rules however I have since understood these and feel like I know them enough to the point I could enforce these rules. I'm looking to progress my way back to the positions I used to be in, such as a Captain or Deputy Chief in PLPD and also to become a Moderator again.

You need to understand the border between an intentional rule break and a pure accident
I have been a member for over six years so therefore I understand this, I have a bit of a ban/warning history myself.

A clear and professional head
It has been 4 to 5 years since I was a staff member, if I was good enough then, I am good enough now.

Mediation
I'm technically a qualified community mediator in real life, this is something I am good at. I can provide a certificate if necessary.

Confidence
I've posted numerous YouTube videos and get involved in community discussion so I feel it is fair to say I am confident enough.

Open to improvement/feedback
I always discuss any issues people have with me over steam, for example if I receive a negative point in an observation report.

ARE YOU ACTIVE ON THE TEAMSPEAK: Yes, you can normally find me in the Vault of Memes channel when I am not at work.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY: I haven't been back long but I fall within the requirements as I understand you have to wait 3 months from the ban start date, not unban date.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 5577

-Support Sure he has the ability to get sweaters to gather around him and maybe make them stay on the server but he can't follow basic rules like 2.5 and he clearly doesn't understand how the game works. Whilst I was a medic taking bodies out of a clear officer he decided to shoot me, him being TFU he had no reason to shoot me at all. He refused to apologise and accept his mistakes when asked about it and had to be spoken to by staff about it not sure why he wasn't warned or banned...

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I am not saying I don't believe in second chances... I am just saying it is to soon.

Reaction score
the new organisation update which will be released in the next couple of days.
L E A K E D

In all seriousness, however,
Literally. Yes. You are possibly one of the best players I have come across.
Except for the one small issue, we are all already discussing you just came back from the Cheating Ban.
But because you technically fit the requirements, I think the staff team still might accept you.
So it would have to be a +Support from me.

I think BigBenji is right, though, you may just want to stick around for a few more months, then you would be a much more suitable candidate.
Not like this post alone already outshines me and Callums application lets be real here.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
No you started crying in OOC after dying to clear crossfire unarmed. Saying you should be refunded. Your not ready for staff.

Reaction score
Tyla's a dedicated individual of the community who clearly wants what's best for it. He has proven before that his moderation skills are up to par and beyond and I have no doubts that he'd do just as good of a job if not better if he came back onto the team.

Also to those saying "no you cheated so therefore you can't be staff": we had a senior administrator who went from being permanently banned for ddosing community members, twice.

Ayjay

Reaction score
Despite a pretty promising improvement since your unban (probably aided by your career outside of perp), there's still something about you that screams minge. Even if we forget the lies you told us about you cheating and the fact you actually did that, you were still always an incredibly shit player with little respect for the rules generally. I'm sure you're back spewing this self-improvement stuff, but in reality you were unbanned less than a month ago. Wouldn't it make sense for you to actually be back for a considerable amount of time to prove this isn't some persona?

I'm sure your fan club will be behind you, saying that you want the best for this community and all that shit. Maybe you do and maybe you could be a decent staff member, but you have a pretty awful record and the amount of time you've been back just doesn't make sense for you to be accepted yet imo.

Ayjay

Reaction score
That's partly down to how long I waited before I got involved again, and partly down to the fact that both these instances were taken out of context and weren't actually as bad as I what I was accused of. Bolli and I went through a rough patch.

Reaction score
yes i genuinely do want what is best for this server because ive been apart of it for over 6 years and was very disappointed to come back to an average playercount of 5. yes i agree its borderline retarded to apply this soon but the opportunity is here as this is the lowest amount of staff we've had for a long while meaning senior administration are going to need to do some enforcer recruitment.

ive not got the highest hopes and im not even 100% sure i meet the requirements but im going to try take the opportunity now if i can on the basis that senior administration will just have to trust the fact that I can be very professional when i choose to be and i can be a very good staff member, but dont get me wrong i understand its hard to just trust someone who lied for ages about having not hacks so completely understand your rationale of waiting a few months so i can 'prove myself'.

Status
Not open for further replies.