28/06/20 - Community-Wide Bans Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
style-logo.png

28/06/2020 - Community-Wide Bans Information

As you all know, tonight a few bans have taken place, including well-known community members such as Mage, Aquaa, and Kenty. These bans were issued by @Fredy following a shoutbox discussion regarding a recent ban getting out of control. The situation escalated to the shoutbox becoming filled with toxicity to the point where it was uncontrollable by staff. Bans were given for these reasons, and the severity of the bans were increased due to the major situation this caused.

Fredy's approach of community-wide bans was a big move to tackle toxicity, and many of the banned players are repeat offenders, a few already with very long server bans. The behavior that was displayed in shoutbox earlier today was unacceptable, as a staff team and a community, we have no prejudices towards ethnic groups or sexual orientation. However, this does not give members an excuse to post photos such as the ones posted today, with the sole intention of taking the piss, mocking, or making fun of these groups.
We want to create a welcoming environment in this community and such behavior cannot be tolerated, especially due to the various community members who are part of these minority groups.

The majority of the bans given today were due to instigating the situation, mainly by those who aren't active on the server and are known for causing problems, or simply continuing the situation and jumping on the bandwagon when it was obvious people were being punished. The bans were looked over by myself, @TinySlayer and @Fredy after they were given, and those who were active and generally not ones to cause issues were unbanned.

Although this was a harsh approach to the situation, it was necessary to tackle the toxicity within this community and I hope that you can all understand.

Thanks.

Dom_,
Community Manager.

Reaction score
i'm not gonna talk about others but i got banned for literally nothing, i didn't post anything in shoutbox related to what the others posted and i still received a CWB. received a ban for metagaming which was removed as it was false (few weeks ago), just shows the state of the staff team

Reaction score
I got unbanned, I was banned from the forums, ts and the server. Hence why I said CWB.

Reaction score
I really see where you are going with this, but it still wasn't done right. Another member posted the same type of stuff 2 times and nobody gave a shit, his messages just got deleted. I thought that transparency is a thing here and that all toxic people should get what they deserve. If you want to have the name feel free to forum pm me or smthn, but I am extremely dissapointed in the promises that were given earlier this month.

Status
Not open for further replies.