Community Discussion - What do you want?

Deleted member 6228

Almost every issue you stated here is a problem with garrys mod and source. Nothing can be done really

Reaction score
reminds me of when members of olsen was "never being unbanned", then got unbanned, then fucking staff members joined Olsen

Reaction score
i mean if i wasnt currently a banned cheater i would be saying the same thing as daigestive and that no cheater should be unbanned, tbf i was a bit of a retard so all i can really hope for is to be forgiven & given another chance. i am going to make an apology/appeal after 1 year of the ban anyway and hope for the best - i shouldnt be treated different from any other cheater yeah fair enough but surely the pre-minge era work i did for this community can be taken into account

Reaction score
@Daigestive dudes who use twitter in 2k19 @Sossa @Aquaa

CO1ejpeUEAERUK-.jpg

Reaction score
i thought getting bombed by the police was bad enough but now i appear to be permanently missing that door on the roof of office

For real tho why the sudden on the fly changes? Puffer/Regals were broken for months on end in v3 and we had to wait for a map update to "fix" these places, yet suddenly after a few recent raids it's deemed that the office roof is "broken and unbalanced" even though we've been on this iteration of the map for the longest time and hardly anybody has complained. Just like the chemical tables being added at Puffer Mart last week, hardly anyone was asking for it yet it was put in with hardly any discussion, while there's certain ideas that in my eyes should've been implemented long ago and are just being swept under the rug... come on.

the roof isn't even OP tbh, prove me wrong.

Reaction score
this really took a long time, gj lads

Reaction score
Firstly, there's a difference between a change that makes 1 minute to implement and one that takes several hours. Small changes such as adding or removing entities don't take very long, but moving entire map structures take much longer to implement, and require a new version of the map file to be compiled. I also don't really know what "certain ideas" you're talking about, but there certainly aren't any active threads in the suggestions forum that would be as quick to implement as this change.

It is simply incorrect to say that nobody complained about the office roof. The construction handbook attempted to address the issues, and other suggestions[1][2] have been made since then. The issue has also been frequently discussed internally since the latest map update was released.

Finally, having a heavy amount of public discussion on every single minor update is not a efficient way to operate. I estimate that this would normally quadruple (at a minimum) the amount of time spent on each development, which would decrease the amount of developments that we can complete by threefold.

Can you clarify if you are after more updates, or more public discussions about updates? Having both simply isn't an option.

Reaction score
throwing nades onto the roof where they're gonna be blocked by the fences they used to keep their drugs organized?

Reaction score
There's several spots you can place bombs on the inside to get rid of said fences, in fact there's a way to completely obliterate any defence on the left of the roof door yet nobody ever uses it. You're also forgetting that the people on the roof are stuck with limited supplies, can also be wallbanged if you go to city garage and wallbang from there especially if you have a G3A3 or M14.

Reaction score
Of course, I understand that it takes far less time. But the truth is that as of recent there was hardly any discussion about it. There were 2 discussions about it a year ago, both of which hardly drew any valid conclusion as people were basically split 50/50 about the idea. We've had this iteration of the map for 2 years now, people were raiding office just fine quite clearly, otherwise a more drastic measure would've been taken like the inability of purchasing farm was.

I get it, it's just a fucking door and I probably shouldn't make such a big deal out of it, but it's quite an impactful change on the gameplay and even though considered a "minor change", it's something that affects 99.9% of players and as such should involve a more recent discussion, let a lone one that wasn't even majority agreed upon over a year ago.

I just think that if you're going to want less people to base on the roof of office, I don't think this is the way to go because half the supposed problems people have with it aren't even addressed by this sort of change. You simply just remove a free kill or two from people trying to get the door open, aside from that, you have the exact same "problem" that people have with raiding the roof of office.

In all honest I would rather see part of an update, give feedback and allow it to be adjusted before being fully released rather than releasing something that the community may or may not like as it is quite a gamble, just like the recoil update was tested with players rather than blindly being released just based on your own thoughts. I guess that applies more to the bigger picture rather than a hotfix like this where the discussion is quite simply a yes or a no.