Community Discussion - What do you want?

Reaction score
Why are you so against cheaters getting unbanned? Sure most of them installed cheats on their own and full knowledge in order to get an upper hand but why shouldn't they get a second chance if they still want to come back after 2 years? Mass RDMers knew what they were doing as well but they get treated much more lenient than cheaters (and sometimes the damage they dealt is even larger than those who have cheated). I don't see anything wrong with what has happened and Ayjay explained their reasoning to the community as well regarding the decision.
Do note though that this is only my opinion.

Reaction score
Cheaters gain an unfair advantage in the server that no one knows that they have. Once a cheater, always a cheater.

@Sorle I know that they are sorry for their actions or whatever and I understand that, however I do think that this is something that the community should've known beforehand and that the community gets to vote wether or not we should unban cheaters. My biggest problem with this whole thing is the fact that we didn't get to know this before.

@ICEKILLER_99 here are ShamWow's bans;
fcc4f06fce.png

none of them for cheating, if it was a ban for cheating there before it was false and thus removed.

Last edited:

Ayjay

Reaction score
@John Daymon

Transparancy and staff speaking to the community, I think it's odd how we haven't been notified about cheaters being unbanned nor has the community gone through a vote if this is something we want, when I was a staff member we agreed that cheaters are the only people that we will never unban, they are never supposed to come back, and now I've understood that someone called "Pug" who was a cheater was unbanned?

Why was he unbanned and why didn't the community have a saying about this in general?

I'm not sure if you're blind or just missing the point of this thread. Our aim is to improve communication between staff members and players, I've wrote this countless times over the past few months. I believe I've kept my word, and we've started to be more open to engaging with the community. This very thread quite literally is to have a conversation with our playerbase, and give them a voice in decisions and actions in the future.

Senior Administration isn't a community ran thing, we're tasked with big decisions (sometimes tricky ones) which often do split opinions. We're not going to liaise with the community for every single cheating ban, it's our initiative and we're met with the repercussions if we make a bad decision on this. We've unbanned one cheater as Senior Administration, and we thoroughly analysed the situation and believed that this person should be given a second chance. The very thing you're complaining about (us not listening to our community) has impacted that decision, we understood that many members believed in a second chance for cheaters and we considered that upon deciding if we should or not.

Cheaters are evidently the bottom of the barrel here, however I am more than open to considering each individual case and unbanning those who evidently have remorse for their actions. We also will have a lower offending rate generally due to our anti-cheat methods improving vastly in the space of the last two years.

After this specific person had been unbanned, I did reply to a few concerns in the Shoutbox:

ZyxTvrtD246jZnnh.png

NykGqoO9hhWSPkJj.png

I appreciate concerns of a few such as yourself @John Daymon - But we do assess these decisions, and it's important that we do it right. I've been in and out of administration for the past 5 years, and have always had the understanding that cheaters shouldn't be unbanned. But I've also been here long enough to understand that sometimes making change is both necessary and beneficial, even if it does annoy some people.

I hope this was engaging enough for you.

Reaction score
Its funny though, previously community banned people for being toxic or cheating are being unbanned. At the same rate the players who didn't cheat or were banned stopped playing because of various reasons, including diagreeing with these unbans or the fast increasingly toxic community standard as a result. Look at the active player list, these unbans have not increased our player base at all.

Reaction score
Please know that I see no issue with you coming to a decision like this unbanning cheaters aslong as it is something that you provide us information about publicly in a thread such as this one before you unban the user, I don't mind you doing it because I believe you have enough sense in you to unban those who are fine to unban and keep those who should still be gone, banned.

Now my opinion against cheaters will always stay the same, I hate them and will never if I have the possibility to unban them but that's just my opinion.

Also can you sort out @ICEKILLER_99 who keeps saying Shamwow was unbanned from cheating but there's no ban for him and he is saying that you've removed it without any reason

Reaction score
I saw the ban? he was banned. And the only reason iv heard for him being unbanned was the fact it only lasted a few minutes? I would like some clarification on this also.

Reaction score
Transparency and consistency has not improved since the mentioning of it at the start of the topic, all these unbans so far proved to be fruitless and community is only further being split apart and the user base continues to drop even with the unbanned players being back on perp. What's the solution to this problem besides unbanning cheaters? Have you considered being more consistant and promoting roleplay instead of resorting to unbanning cheaters?

Reaction score
Can't lie would love the idea of having roleplay in perp but personally, I feel we are way past this point. If I am to want to build on the side of the road I can't without permission from a staff member. I feel its a bit stupid really. And with the cheating bans, I feel they shouldn't be permanent but should still have a 1 or 2-year ban that is not appealable.

Deleted member 6228

These guys have only just been unbanned give them a chance, this is a new community thing and people are trying to shut everyone down, maybe this could work out for the better