Community Discussion - What do you want?

Reaction score
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U- JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A- E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA

Reaction score
When you go to the gun range be able to level up your marksmanship on all the guns without having to use your ammo but the ammo you get when you go shoot a gun:/

Reaction score
I know that there's been toxicity since 2013, I'm not denying that. I'm just saying that we could POSSIBLY see less toxicity than today if people didn't care about their rifles this hard. It's not guaranteed, but it's a possibility.

Deleted member 5920

@jjjackier Sorry, I meant to reference the price of guns. I think that could be one way of reducing toxicity but another would be actually ban the toxic people,

Reaction score
Could possibly spend money to get provided ammo, but with a decrease in XP gained by 50% or 25%?

Reaction score
Losing a rifle that's decked out would render your profits for the next hour 0 when doing only weed. And it's even worse if you lose a batch you've already started on.
Then comes the fact that crafting a rifle isn't in everyone's mind, so typically they buy them at a slightly higher price than crafting, and so availability of rifles isn't always there.
(if you imagine you have 100 marksmanship on rifle and sub) 20k+ for 556 that has terrible recoil, has far too many components, takes quite a while to craft AND is overall worse than sub-machineguns which in most cases are concealable, typically fully automatic, less expensive AND overall takes slightly if not far less time to craft, it's quite bad in that regard. Even pistols surpass rifles in some cases.
@Bean Can thought I stole his car yesterday, he brought his AK-101 out and tried to spray me down. I got out of his car and literally stood still, he had to empty an entire magazine to get the shot straight from the regals fire escape to the parking lot.

Reaction score
I honestly think it'd be more intuitive and easier on new players if you had an option to pay to gain 100% XP and not have to bring your own ammo, but instead pay at the NPC for the amount of ammo you'd like to use. Mags could come pre-filled too and crafting when new would be considerably less of a gatekeeper and a necessity, while marksmanship would remain as a grind

The option to test guns with free ammo should remain, but at 0% XP, as it is currently.

Reaction score
When people said it was hard to start on the server, I laughed at the thought of that. But recently I though I'd put that to the test, I know Slayerduck did a similar thing over 2 years ago. But I though I'd check out how it's like to start "fresh" in the more recent times. Albeit I obviously had knowledge of the gamemode which made things FAR easier for me.

The truth is, holy shit is this server feeling like an MMORPG grind.

Guns are quite expensive for new players, so is starting off with drugs. A new player might not know that, but me knowing that you start with $25k obviously didn't fall into the trap of pouring all my starting money into that stuff. Anyhow, Hicktown is a huge bait for new players because of the pricing, it is the cheapest property yet possibly the WORST because of it's location and how easy it is to get raided without the cops even getting there on time.

Then we still have the reoccurring problem of marksmanship and firearms levels. Marksmanship is honestly just super bad for the game, it takes way too much playtime to make money so that you can finally put it towards marksmaship, and then the actual leveling process is tedious too. All to simply get to the same level as the veterans are at, who have more experience playing the gamemode anyway. Finding guns without having a high firearms level is difficult too, and even if you do find someone to buy it from, they just end up raiding you later during the day and you lose your gun to the very person that sold it you. Note that firearms level isn't a bad thing what so ever, I'm just simply stating that guns are expensive and difficult to find IF you don't have a high level yourself.

So overall, even with a headstart because I have played for so long, starting on a brand new account was like hell. Especially with how people treat you like shit, both in and outside of the game, when they don't know who you are.

Honestly the helper resource is needed now more than ever so that new players know how to start off and head in the right direction. And this whole "grinding" aspect of getting to the top has to be reduced somehow because this is a roleplay server not a fucking esport.

thanks for the thread anyway I guess

Last edited:
Reaction score
Safe to say this thread summarises my thoughts on the current weapons system and what I think could be changed:

And for all people saying to revert 5.56 recoil fully, it's a rather ignorant take as you seem to be forgetting just how ridiculous it was - it was quite literally less than the current MP5K, which is deemed as a laser in its own right. However, I do believe that the recoil should definitely be lowered to a noticeable extent, so they have an advantage over 7.62 rifles, which they currently don't.

Maybe lower recoil for all guns at low marksmanship then make marksmanship somewhat less effective to the point that recoil across the board stays the same at 100.