Community Discussion - What do you want?

Reaction score
the necessity of comps is the only reason gun prices were even considered problematic, and it's significantly less problematic now anyway because of the meth/coke changes

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with them, the issue is with staff member(s) being inconsistent and instead of making a rival gang to keep things fun actually join olsen. That's the problem here.

Reaction score
Revert the seeding nerf as this server is already way too grindy in terms of making money.
Buff the selling prices for cocaine/weed from 150->225 or something like that, which would make cheaper guns unnecessary and sweaters could get into Perp way faster than they could before :)

Reaction score
@Ayjay No, its not a huge want of yours. There is no nerfing big orgs, forcing game mecanics will never work because people will still work together even in other orgs. I can't talk for other staff members but the fact you even think its remotely okay for you to be in Olsen right now is just insane. How can you sit here saying this crap when you're part of it.

Jamal

Communication Banned
Reaction score
@Slayerduck Stop making me laugh please. So you're saying that because Ayjay is playing with us after we're trying to change that it's not a huge want of his?? He's been trying to slim down the org but he's not the owner of it so there isn't much he can do. He's clearly enjoying playing with us and playing criminal so why should his staff rank limit who he can play with?? what because of our past but we've been forgiven and have got another chance and now we're trying to prove ourselves to the community that we've changed. You didn't have a problem when other orgs dominated the server, you just don't like the people in it and that's why you're holding a grudge, even though we're trying to prove ourselves to the community.

Reaction score
At this moment, the paramedic role is almost not used at all. There are multiple reasons for it:
1. You get shot easely without doing anything.
2. Its difficult to roleplay being a paramedic since everyone who runs up to you says: ''I need heal''. Not quite rp at all.
3. Not a lot of money.

Also, every medic is equal, while police officers have different roles to play with. How about you do the same thing for medic?
Reward the people for playing medic. Give them ranks.

Main idea: I want to add ranks to the medical job.

Description: To make the medical job more attractable, I want to use ranks to do so. Just like the police officers, you have a chief of department. Something like this can be implemented to the medical job too. Someone who is the ''boss'' over the other medics. The one who sends medics to different calls to check out what is going on. With different ranks, you have different authorities. You can control the one under you in a roleplaying manner. Every rank earns a higher salary to stimulate people to play more. Getting a higher rank can be reached in multiple ways. In discussion we can discuss which way is the best to do so. Either by an application about why you wanna be coordinator of the medical center or by playtime as a medic. The longer your playtime is, the higher rank you get.

Pros:
- It makes the medic role more attractive.
- It stimulates roleplaying as a medic more.
- Higher salary.
- More diverse gameplay.

Cons:
-
It also stimulates afk for playtime.
- Players not taking the roleplaying seriously.

Reaction score
@Jamal Its called conflict of interest, together with the severe inconsistency's that were done. I don't hold a grudge, but proving yourself to the community is kinda failing isn't it?

Jamal

Communication Banned
Reaction score
@Slayerduck How is it? No one has been toxic, as far as i'm aware. Just because we "remade olsen" even though the only thing that link together is the colour of the uniform and the members, but none of that should matter due to us liking the colour and us all being friends.

Sam

Reaction score
"Re-evaluate the PD's ranking system"
Why should it be re-evaluated? We are pretty happy with the current rank structure. If you are unhappy about a specific part, then please be specific and provide examples.

"who holds what rank and keep track of there progression and what they do for the PD a lot more."
Do you want us to go through all officers to make sure they have the right position or what do you mean? Progression of administrative staff is tracked pretty good, in what way do you think this should change?

Please reply here or send us a PM with the answers to my questions!

Reaction score
Apart from the things people said I'd like to put in a few cents.

Server performance (hitscan hit detection and hitboxes). I know that custom content is great and all but honestly it felt like the server ran smoother without the new player models and was also good after the weapon update. This might also because of lua restrictions or intentionally slowing the server down with less ticks per second because of a nasty bug that turned the whole map entities invisible after a raid had reached 10 minutes or more (the same thing happened in the legacy server when we tried it, very weird) or some other weird fix that affected performance in a way. The i9-9990K has the best single core performance but I don't know if it's worth upgrading the server if we're still on a older CPU that ranks some scores lower.

A lot of effects are gone too but honestly it's just aesthetic and affected performance a bit e.g
how shootouts no longer cause visible albeit transparent smoke walls on impact if you'd spray or how rain had a splash effect. This might sound stupid but I miss these effects, gives the given situation more immersion.

Also, overpopulation of a single area. You know which one I'm talking about. The one that always has massive people gathering to raid a single property.
Bazaar.
City shops need to make a return IMO, it made the city much more lively, crime would also happen but it'd be dealt with fast due to how it was all in the city.
I'm suggesting to turn the chair shop into a buyable business property as it's pretty useless, same goes for the coffee shop (be honest, when did you last visit these shops?).

Google Chrome

Communication Banned
Reaction score
@ALOO89 idk how the police work in your country but in other countries, the government supplies you with a gun if you're an officer

Reaction score
@Jamal If you think the current state of olsen, together with the majority of staff members being in it even after it was said it wouldn't be remade is a healthy thing for perp you're in serious denial. All this talk about splitting orgs and stuff is completely meaningless if staff itself is contributing to the problem. Sitting on the server with 26 people online, 0 cops on duty and nobody to raid. Can you honestly not see the issue? Do you actually find this fun yourself? Because i can tell you that if nothing changes it will only get worse and the server will be a goner, possibly even this year.

Reaction score
Personally, I don’t find PERP as enjoyable as it used to be in 2015 and this is for various reasons; many of which have already been stated. Currently, it feels like the community is divided by toxicity based on reputation and how the user likes to play as-well as their affiliations on the server. Back when i first joined, I would patiently wait 4-8 hours just to get a single slot because the server was just so unique, and it had that charisma of me always wanting to come back for more. Don’t get me wrong, I love PERP and always will; hence why I’ve wanted to become staff since 2015. Nowadays it is sometimes a nuisance to play for longer than 1-2 hours because it just doesn’t have that wow factor like it used to. I don’t really know what to blame or point attention to what’s caused the decrease in players but I’m glad @Ayjay is taking some action. This very thread may be what brings the community closer and fills in the division between all the players.

Reaction score
I feel old times were much more fun. Maybe it was the people playing back them, i dunno. But it were also times where PLPD.Online didn't exist and you kind off would just be a cop. You had a lot of freedom on your own how you would roleplay. The new police system cool, dont get me wrong. but i feel it's too serious. IA is a toxic hellhole and a blackmailing method in game, and i put more effort in PLPD applications than that i have done for IRL jobs, it feels like a huge grind to get an actual rank that makes you useful in the game. And that is if you actually get accepted into it. I feel it just restricts fun really.

will write more later; going for dinner but i accidently posted already.

Reaction score
@Google Chrome
it work same other country
goverment give officers firearms

all what i want to say if cops pay for guns they will play with tactic