Current Roleplaying state

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
so you do support my powergrowing sessions, robbings, killings, kidnapping, and disliking the staff with this post right? cba 2 read tbh

Reaction score
There are plenty of ways in which people can encourage roleplay and some do it extremely well. The Yoshida Corporation; June Binfield House; mobile Road Crew stations; police checkpoints and/or RTU RTC management. There are plenty of things to do in this gamemode which constitute roleplay in itself. Being any of the available government/city employees is a form of roleplay. Setting up a shop counts as roleplay. Doing some criminal stuff such as mugging can also count as roleplay.

I'm not quite sure what it is you are asking for people to change. Just because people grow drugs, raid, do bank robberies, or whatever else does not mean they aren't roleplaying. If you were expecting the boring, text-based PassiveRP that was found in the likes of CW:HL2RP, S.T.A.L.K.E.R and others then you've got the wrong gamemode. PERP has not changed at all - it has been like this since 2013. The rules have been developed incrementally over time to help support the smaller, passive situations in a way that they do not impede on other people's experiences.

People seem to think that staff members give people a hard time for creating passive roleplay; this is simply incorrect. We try to facilitate it at every possible opportunity, even going as far as for community-run events to promote roleplay scenarios. The issue arises when you create a roleplay situation that seemingly only benefits yourself (which in itself isn't a problem) but then goes on to severely impact other people's gameplay in a negative way. It's a catch-22: you want to set up a small disco or stall for something in front of City Hall? Be my guest, but don't set it up in the middle of the highway bend like an idiot.

Demonising those who choose to enjoy their time here through getting involved in the criminal experiences we provide such as raiding, mugging, and growing drugs is not the way forward. It is a constituent part of the gamemode and always has been - the development of the PLPD through ranks, better pay upon ranking up and the different divisions, has been done to balance it for those who don't want to get involved in that or don't enjoy it. There is also plenty of stuff to do in-between.

This discussion usually occurs and is made by people who have tried going into the criminal side and find that they simply do not have the same level of experience as some of the others already involved in it. If it doesn't work for you, then move on and try something else.

We have provided plenty of tools through the gamemode in-order for people to forge their own roleplay experiences. We cannot simply hand it to you on a plate every time, it is up to you to pave your own direction and choose what you want to do.

Reaction score
How else can you build a roundabout when there’s a total of 10 props you can use to do so though

Reaction score
mud pearse u just wiped police 4 times over u are the problem

• Agree
Reactions: Max
Reaction score
I’ve had no issues roleplaying for awhile, since the age of the server being literal every civilian online VS the PD ended. I found no issue with starting RP even before I got staff, so don’t claim staff immunity or any other fallacy. Believe it or not I myself was once not only not a staff member, but I also wasn’t popular with staff for some reason, I dunno why!!! I’ve also never seen an RP situation that wasn’t both completely and obviously disruptive or against written rules stopped by staff since a certain now community wide banned ex moderator decided to use a certain godstick function because he couldn’t tell the difference between 2 people mugging 1 person and a massrdm attempt. The only passiveRP events I’ve seen recently being intervened with by staff was one guy who built a shop right in the middle of city hall plaza which he used a chair to enter / exit through a thin gap in his boards and someone I stopped erecting a swastika in the middle of the city and tried preaching about how hitler was a hero.

In regards to players robbing, raiding, etc. See my above comment.

Robbing someone is by all accounts, aspects, and definitions, a roleplay situation.

Just because roleplay doesn’t go your way, doesn’t mean it’s being ruined. If you’re breaking the law, of course cops are going to stop you. If you’re growing or dealing drugs, of course people are going to try robbing you. They aren’t “Ruining” roleplay at all, they themselves are roleplaying. If you wish to city roleplay in an environment you have complete control over, then click here

Also claiming that people who own a lot of money and items shouldn’t rob plauers because they dont need to is also in itself rather stupid. Robbing players is actually a sure fire way to start RP which could go on for hours with revenge attacks and hunting’s. People who are out robbing players solely as a source of income might be missing the point, but its the only way to immediately attain action, something people want.

The only real RP aspect of the server that is in any real shambles at the moment is criminalRP in itself, beyond robberies and raids It’s become a parody of its former self, partially the communities fault, but also because we haven’t really received anything new to do given to us in years. Org XP system was supposed to change that, but all it did was just encourage the old criminal activity just with another reward payout in the form of XP.

Thanks for trying to raise what you see as an issue to the communities attention but another “RP BAD” thread where people can point their fingers at Police / Criminal players / staff members aint solving shit, people are out there trying to change this, why don’t you join in?

Reaction score
Honestly, the servers in the best place it's been for a while involving the roleplay aspect, new events, people making constructions, I mean a couple months back there were 2 of the biggest organisations that had a full on London style gang war with gang war rules! It was fantastic especially when you bring in the fact they were inviting many players to come and join the fun, from what I see it's great. You should of been here in 2019-2020 THAT was when this thread would of been relevant but complaining whilst it's just starting to become PERP again is not what's needed IMO.

Reaction score
I thought PERP stood for “People ERPing” til a rule change happened.

rewevie

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Anything from kidnapping (not with the intention to mug), hostage situations to buildings at various places (@Jenga ask this guy for more info I can't remember all the times he got told by staff for his shit), but most of the time is just normal RP that get you warned because of "staff discretion", controversial example: Billy Ray.

Also to add, I get why people complain that there's no RP on PERP but the official trailer is literally just a shootout, which suggests that the main core gameplay would be that and passive RP is an added bonus.

Reaction score
@rewevie Random and unprovoked kidnappings arent Allowed because there’s no real fun to being forced into a car and being held against your will for no real reason or benefit meaning that your free time for gaming is wasted unless you wish to tarnish a perfect record with an infraction in the form of a SCAMbans warning or ban which are both public for everyone and permanent and might lead to a harsher punishment if you break rules again. Why have rules preventing people from leaving the server during these situations without ensuring that we leave people with as little reason to ever find themselves in a position to do so.

Hostage situations are a half and half ordeal and most players who start them do so thinking that they can make profit from 5K ransoms. Most the time a hostage situation isn’t played out by police due to honest mistakes being made by LEO’s who immediately see the hostage takers as a threat and neutralise them.

Players building at public places typically isn‘t seen as an issue anymore and even structures I’ve had issues with have been allowed to remain standing by higher up staff.

I agree that in cases like Billy Ray, sometimes rules can be bent without being broken for the sake of RP.

Reaction score
I'm not quite sure what it is you are asking for people to change. Just because people grow drugs, raid, do bank robberies, or whatever else does not mean they aren't roleplaying.

What i am trying to say is all i see everyday is killing constantly, this server cannot go for 10-20 mins without a shootout (excluding when the server is dead).

Status
Not open for further replies.