How can we revive?

Reaction score
Remove all sorts of leveling in skills such as firearms and stuff, who would want to join a server only to have to grow ur ass off to be able to eventually craft an assault rifle. This would make the server more attractive to new players, cause let's be honest unbanning veteran players is not the solution in any way, It's their fault they can't stop breaking the rules and don't deserve the communities respect in any way.

Removing the PLPD whitelist would also be a great way to get new players into Perpheads (cause let's be honest who wants to fucking write an essay and wait 4 days to become a police officer).

Marksmanship would also be really good to remove, it's kind of like firearms level you have to grow like hell and get money to sit in a firing range and shoot for ages, + this system makes gun battles way more difficult for newer players as they automatically have the disadvantage in terms of the amount of recoil they'll receive.

Putting a restriction on the number of members in an organization would also be really good, cause let's be real here who the fuck want's to be raided by 10+ man zerg orgs, Perp kind of feel like Quantity>Quality and that shouldn't be a thing.

Summarised I think they should just make Perp way less grindy and more accessible to new players, It could also get way less strict in terms of the rules, you're never going to have a growing community with people constantly making salty AR's getting people banned for basically nothing.

Reaction score
I've already spoken out on this topic. I've left because of the PD update, because me and my friend couldn't be cops together. He left, I left.

The PD feels like a grindfest. And you can easily rank up, by just being trusted. But at the same time it feels like an actual job.

The PD rather utilizes demotions, rather than timely suspensions. Meaning you work 2 months for CPL and then you lose it because you shot a dead corpse (my favorite Russian himself: @ErmakDimon).

I miss SWAT. And I miss the utilization of SWAT. Because TFU just doesn't feel like SWAT. It feels like an excuse for patrolling around with an M4 on your back.
And let's be honest. When you lost a gun. You joined SWAT. You made some money, shot a few badies and everyone was happy. You practiced your aim and there was no stress, no nothing. Yes, SWAT were fucking idiots. But the happiness coming from me when I shot someone with an M4 with my lvl 1 marksmanship was the best moment I had. But it taught me how the game works.

The policies in the PD, such as the no mic policy just limit @ICEKILLER_99 the mysterious voice man from joining.

That's from the PD side.

The new planting system causes more lag due the lights, a thing we didn't need. It's too complicated for new players. It's not appealing to new players. It makes more money than the old system. It costs more to make. - It was just an unnecessary update, which caused confusion towards players.

The recoil update is the shittiest existing thing to date. Literally without 100 firearms or pro aim with good spray control, you're nothing. Guns feel like an absolute potato. A compensator, a thing that's an optional upgrade is practically unable to be left out from most guns due to their shit recoil. No one even uses different guns than AKs and M4s.

Reaction score
Honestly, I think they should atleast make the guns cheaper, and bring back old drug system, swat and many other cool features. This drug system is too hard for new players. And when theres a sweater, that's basing with pistol, which he can barely afford, it's 99% sure, he will get fucked, when there will be 5 other guys raiding him with assault rifles, which he can't get. Also the marksmanships and recoils are pretty aids tbh.

Reaction score
People are saying make perp less grindy, that was the fun thing now every fucker has a supercar because of this drug update

Reaction score
This comes from the staff member that banned someone for a month for just changing names and being disrespectful in a sit, without any report whatsoever
https://bans.perpheads.com/?search=STEAM_0:0:173809331
You don't know the full situation at all. I renamed him a total of 7 times, along with Brinch who renamed him once or twice. We told him specifically to stop provoking us because at the end of the day that is what he was doing rather than trying to have fun. He then decided to constantly insult us and jump off the roof several times when being dealt with. 3 of us came to a join consensus that a 1-month ban was approrpriate.

Reaction score
You don't know the full situation at all. I renamed him a total of 7 times, along with Brinch who renamed him once or twice. We told him specifically to stop provoking us because at the end of the day that is what he was doing rather than trying to have fun. He then decided to constantly insult us and jump off the roof several times when being dealt with. 3 of us came to a join consensus that a 1-month ban was approrpriate.
According to himself he has ADHD so if he can't control himself then he shouldn't play here in the first place. Might sound rude but he won't get any special treatment regarding his rule breaks.

Reaction score
People are saying make perp less grindy, that was the fun thing now every fucker has a supercar because of this drug update

Fun for you, maybe. Games like this who are super grindy, games that require a lot of hours from your day to be something in-game might end being straight up harmful.

I already had to quit some other game with a community even smaller than the current one but almost controlled WHEN you should connect and HOW MUCH you should connect and play, because if you don't you are shit In-Game. Someone posted a similar experience in this thread and commented having a better social life.

If you spend more time doing chores (the pain-in-the-ass crafting system for example) than having fun (selling the guns or using them to raid) the game is more of a job than a game and it's not balanced. You would expect in a game, even a "serious" one to spend more time having fun than being bored.

btw I have what it feels like a very unpopular opinion: A lot of the veterans are crying for the sake of crying and because things don't go their way. It's not so hard to be a veteran without being banned, even for petty things. Some of you are lying to yourselves.

Being on the server since its beginnings doesn't make you special, stop measuring your join dates like you're measuring penis length. Drop the nostalgia syndrome and try to fix things instead of crying about the past.

However, on the fixing part, I do agree that it feels like the owners don't give a fuck.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Listen here guys. Maybe... I know this might sounds crazy, but, just MAYBE, many of the veteran players are getting bored after years of playing and not enough new folks show up because Gmod is an old game and things like, idk, Arma 3 and GTA V RP seem more attractive?
PERP has been out for almost a decade with many things staying the same as it was released (I know because I'm a PERP oldfag, played since 2009), which is essentially it just being cops vs robbers RP

Perp in ArmA 3 yesyes

Apparently it needs to be pointed out to certain retards that this is a joke. @Dr. Dräjj

Last edited:
Reaction score
Honestly, this question goes round in circles in the community now and somehow no one ever notices that these threads have never helped. If you want to revive the server play, make organisations to war against other organisations, base, raid, craft just play normally and have no friends IC apart from a few and watch the server come back to life. The only "hard" ask would be no salt OOC and stop reporting people over petty things and just find their base and raid them after, that's how it use to be and moaning won't change a thing you just have to play and enhance the RP ourselves by being more tactical, raiding and basing more because now you can sit in a base for 12 hours straight a day without being raided and supercars are popular. It's one thing blaming the admins for being strict and another for you being to strict with your reports then all of a sudden the admins are the criminals for taking your reports and handling them how they should be as punishments should be handed out... Doesn't add up in my head, but im not all for the bans like I do believe that certain people should be unbanned as it would revive the RP and how the server works in like a week.
Oh yeah. The unbanning helped. Oh wait...

The issues are not in the playerbase, but they are rooted in the game mode itself.

Reaction score
Well we just had alot of sweaters on so I don't think we need to continue thinking how we revive and just get the new sweaters to keep playing and get their friends.