Why aren't you playing (pt 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I know these arent OT related topics but I'd like to point this out on why I personally don't play.

Organisation limits somehow ruined the fun for me, getting kicked after a day to make space for someone else and then having to bother the owner/person with perms every day to get re-invited is a hassle especially when no one is online to invite you.

One thing that needs purging is the toxicity, honestly PERP feels like E-Sports on whoever can shit the most into someones mouth in OOC after killing them or by making petty (revenge) ARs.

Other than that everything has pretty much been pointed out, cba to type as I am on my phone so forgive me for my bare response.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I made the mistake of getting even slightly involved with that perpnet mess.

When you copy/take things from other communities such as this one you just begin to cause major problems. You can say you didn't copy all you want but you literally have enforcer and helper ranks on your discord.

I'm not saying I wasn't part of a community that did the exact same thing, I was, but at least I'm sane enough to realise when it's got to a point that it is just causing problems and be able to admit this.

If you become a rival or a competitor to other communitities, things like this will always happen.

Ultimately, your community will never succeed, I have nothing against you man but like @Ashur said, best to just pick a side instead of complaining about little comments that hurt your feelings.

Reaction score
Back in evocity when people didn't go ham in OOC after losing their beretta m9.

Reaction score
My points on the Police Department:

I personally like majority the way the PD currently is. As I said in one of my prior posts the only thing that really needs changed in it is officer. I've witnessed this first hand recently as some of my friends that I brought on the server wanted to be police but they can't because of the application side of things and tbh its a lot of effort for people who are new just to play as a police officer. Revert the first stage back to an in-game quiz. but still leave the oppurtunity to move up the ranks and join different divisions etc.

A finishing statement:
Perp needs to focus on newer players a bit more. Whats going to keep new players there interested, the current gun mechanics are a bit of a joke for new players and tend to result in them spending a lot of money on weapons etc, which would be good however with orgs that focus on raiding and new players not having much idea on how anything works (I know when I joined I was the same) i.e defenceless basing and then guns that they can barely aim with and more experienced players raiding them with maxed marksmanship doesn't seem very fair to me and probably won't keep them around for long.

Tl;dr Simplify the game

I think something needs to be done to stop toxicity. Without mentioning any names people are stupidly toxic now. Literally after any raid you'll see people being extremley toxic which I think needs to be put to a stop. Last thing anyone wants to see or experience in OOC is toxic messages.

Reaction score
When things were more simplistic we were here to have fun with friends not grind PD or power grow. The atmosphere of the server was so much different back then, people would help each other, betray each other and most importantly it felt like a community which I think we lack today with a massive divide in the player base and not just the player base but the staff.

Reaction score
it felt like a community which I think we lack today with a massive divide in the player base and not just the player base but the staff.

This btw

Reaction score
Material Prices
The prices have always tended to be a bit extreme here compared to conventional PERP but I have to admit, as annoying as it is, it works here due to the fact it makes the enjoyment last longer and makes accomplishment much more rewarding. The main problem is not exactly the prices, it is that the amount of materials you need to create each item especially in the case of firearms and drugs has increased dramatically overtime.

An issue with this is also the crafting system. It takes way too long now to create a majority of items and this isn't a feature that makes the gameplay more challenging. It just makes it slow and boring. I understand the reasoning behind there being crafting times but it is extremely dramatic. What doesn't help is the fact that you cannot participate in other activities while waiting for all this time either.

I have been here for a long time and I have slowly seen the material quantity get higher and higher and also the crafting times getting higher and higher, and for those of you who have also been playing on and off for a long time such as myself, I don't have the slightest amount of doubt that you would agree with me here.

Police Department
I actually enjoy the Police Department. If anything, I have become a lot more involved since it has become as it has rather than when it was as simple as having Premium to become Lieutenant. While I know for sure it has changed a lot, I actually prefer it the way it is now. The problem is that people don't like PD because it requires them to be too serious and dedicated and not everyone is prepared to be this way, especially when it comes to an online game. I'd be quite upset if the Police Department was to go back to how it was, but I do believe that the seriousness could be taken down a notch and I also believe that staff members or people who were previously staff have more of an opportunity to greatly succeed in the Police Force. I don't usually agree that staff get preferential treatment here but in the case of the Police Department I do believe this to be true.

I believe that the Police Department needs to be accommodating to new players. There needs to be more support to increase their skills and their confidence. Regular Officers get treated like dirty, not just by general players but also by officers themselves. This discourages them and also stops them from learning which results in them getting blacklisted for not understanding how to properly do their jobs. This community is based far too much on reading guides and rule lists which if you see from a new players perspective is just excessive. It has also become increasingly hard to find out how to get far in this community.

Legal opportunities
Wouldn't personally have any suggestions on what could be added, but I believe it couldn't definitely help. I also believe that there could be some ways to improve already existing jobs so that they are more appealing and are used more regularly. The legal opportunities other than Police Department are actually very important and I don't fully believe enough is done to make them really enjoyable or practical.

Gunplay
Anyone who knows me well enough already knows how I feel about marksmanship. I've always disagreed with it. I have never been particularly good with the weapons, but back in the day when the FAS weapons were being used, they were old and clunky but they worked well and were practical. The recoil on the guns now is just ridiculous. I understand that they are meant to be realistic, but they just take the piss. Marksmanship also puts this well out of balance. I don't believe it is fair in anyway. I could rant about them for ages, but ultimately what I am trying to say here is that they are unfair for new and less experienced members and for people who don't typically use guns or much or have as much time or money to level their guns up so much. In general the requirements to get your marksmanship up is already ridiculous. What makes it worse is that each type of weapon has it's own skill.

The weapons need attention really badly.

--
-----
--

Going back to what I said earlier about the PD not being accepting of new players, there is also a lack of general access to good solid guides to show new players how to get started. I believe that Tutorials should be promoted in-game in the form of optional short and informative videos that are well produced. These videos should show them:
  • Overview of Controls
  • Menus and Interface
  • Commands and how to get Assistance
  • How to get a job
  • How to get a property and grow drugs
  • How to begin their own legitimate business by crafting and selling items being informative around skills required to achieve this
  • What skills are recommended when first playing (Choosing poor skills can ruin your gameplay from the outset)

Last edited:

Deleted member 1235

As @Robin Ljungberg already briefly stated, the age of the playerbase has increased over the years. When we were all 15, we could come home from school and play perp all night with no issues.

Now we're all either already in our 20s or just entering it and have a lot more real life commitments not just 'homework' after school.

Playing the server isn't first priority when you've got boyfriends and girlfriends, a job, university degrees and a social life to attend to.

Reaction score
It's a boring game mode that rarely changes. I'm not going to invest more time into a game that will never progress. People have other things to do. Reverting and tweaking things won't change that.

Reaction score
I mean you could classify it as stolen but its a part of the PERP gamemode and not of the server tbh.

And it doesnt hurt me at all. Idc about him. This was already happening before I started it btw so yeah...

Reaction score
This is so cliché but it is my view.

The community became toxic instead of just realising that it's a game and it does not affect you in real life. There is so much toxicity, so much beef by now, the AR section has never been more active. Losing a virtual gun or virtual drugs has never seemed more important than it does, and it's ruining the community that could once have fun shootouts with each other without being toxic. People need to realise that it's a game with virtual items. The toxicity between players are through the roof, and that just destroyed the experience of this community for me.

I remember a time where I could have a shootout with someone and afterwards message them on steam and we'd laugh and joke about it. Would never happen nowdays.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6228

Honestly people don't RP because grinding for decent cars by growing will take up most of your time of the server.
Why the fuck should I go RP and do anything remotely fun when I need to grow 10 hours a day, 7 days a week for multiple weeks to get anything I actually want on the server.

Status
Not open for further replies.