Community Discussion - What do you want?

Reaction score
Last edited:
Reaction score
I have tried as hard as I could to roleplay the way I want to, but it's difficult to find creative ways to roleplay when everybody you roleplay with is so focused on cops vs criminals that they avoid other types roleplay all together. The best way to play without shooting is to sell guns or fix cars as people need both to play cops vs criminals. Can I expect developments made to non-shooty based roleplay or should I just accept the state of the server and take my leave?

Reaction score
Do you release how bad it sounds when you say you need all that staff in the org because of: "to understand the rules and not get into any trouble" lol. Also you don't deserve a clean slate, your previous warnings and bans should still count towards your record. Like everyone else actively playing. Unless you feel that you deserve special treatment?

Reaction score
Players when being away from the server for a year are likely to break rules, they are just guiding us as we go. Seems like a fairly, level headed idea no? Unless you want us to craft 2k bombs and just start mass raiding? My point is we are trying to improve as people and attempt to fix our image however it wont be achievable if people still hold grudges for over a year?

Reaction score
@Husky I mean its literately already repeating, what good have you done since coming? Also i don't believe that being away for a year makes you more likely to break rules. No rule changes are done since last year so you're legit talking bs. The fact all this staff willingly joins after all the incosistancy's further proves they coudn't give two shits about the further of the server. Its all short term goals and fun. We need more different orgs, not one big org.

Reaction score
Another few idea's of mine that I had that were either too small to make into a suggestion post in my opinion, or that I simply haven't gotten round to:

Starting inventory.
Players should have a basic storage when they start. There inventory should start with:
- 1 phone
- 1 bandage
- 5 burgers
- 5 orange juice
Starting off with a phone will be a huge advantage to new players. Sure, buying a phone isn't hard, but it'd be nice for them to start with one. The bandage, food and drinks are to teach you how the servers hunger system works, as well as the injury system. Having them in your inventory when you start off will help you figure out how to use said items.

The starting inventory in there storage will include:
- 1 basic planter
- 5 bottled water
- 1 stove
- 1 saw horse
- 1 fishing rod

The reason I have chosen these items to start off with is because all of these items are basic items used to make money as a civilian. The stove and saw horse are crafters tools, whilst the fishing rod is a 1 way ticket to a basic understanding of one of the best moneymaking methods that is legal. And the planter, well, we all know what that's for.

Rent a car
The ability to rent a car for 10% of the price of buying one. This car will be with you until you log off the server. Rental cars cannot be customised or upgraded beyond 1 basic paint job. You will get half the money back that you pay for a rental car if you return it completely undamaged, or if you disconnect with an undamaged rental car in your garage, similar to how properties work. Maybe also make it so only certain cars can be rented?

Renting a car will be beneficial in the following scenarios:
- New players can rent something like a Volvo 242 with there starting 10k to use to explore the map instead of being forced to join a job to explore the map and get grilled by uptight PLPD members when a medic says he doesn't know where Stonehenge is.
- Players will have more than 60 seconds to test out a car they want to buy

Taxi driver
This ones simple, but effective. Remove the VIP requirements for taxi driver, make it have up to 4 slots and give taxi drivers a radio they can communicate with one another using. Add a phone app where people can call a taxi with and taxi drivers will have a waypoint on there maps where a client is, alongside the taxi call number and the /taxi chat.

New legal jobs
Adding some new legal jobs that are either difficult or flat out impossible to role play as when you're unemployed. These could include:
- Bank courier:
Similar to the courier job, except more exciting. You receive texts from the bank teller NPC telling you where to go, and you transport large sums of money from shops and businesses around the map to the bank. Maybe this could be a job where criminals can attack armoured vans to steal the cash?(but not personally mug any items off the courier as that'd be retarded)
- Miner:
Open a mine underneath admin mountain and allow people to become miners. The job involves not just collecting coal and other valuables but avoiding risks such as deadly gas deposits being struck, cave in's, being able to traverse loose scaffolding with no safety barriers, etc. This would also give Police and Emergency services more roleplay and gameplay having to deal with, and rescue trapped or injured miners. You will earn a set amount of cash from handing in raw materials from mining to an NPC. Maybe make Gold and Diamonds ultra rare, so you have a very low chance of earning 10k a diamond, whilst coal will fetch $50 a piece and iron / copper about $200 a piece. Miners will be employed citizens so they cant be robbed. The entrance to the mine will be in the far corner of the farm field closest to the mountain. Maybe also add the ability to use dynamite to mine multiple deposits at once with the risk of a cave in?
- Lumberjacks:
Lumberjacks have to find marked trees in the woods to cut down. Pretty simple job and would bring regular activity to the forest.
- Diver:
As a diver, your job will be to document and collect samples you find under the sea. You will have 2 minutes per oxygen tank under the water. As a diver you will get a task from the NPC every 10 minutes, if you fail to complete the given task, you must return to the NPC to collect a new task. Your tasks will be to:
-Collect samples of a specific piece of sealife, such as a specific breed of coral, sponge, etc. and bring them to the NPC
- Take photos of certain fish
You will get a cash reward of 1k per completed task, they wont be easy. Sure its not what the servers used to but it'd be a fun mini game.
- A small building will be added to the concrete area next to the beach, this will house the NPC that lets you join and quit the job, as well as the NPC who gives you the "Quests". A small garage will be on this building so a road will need to be added too.
- Government employee's will have access to a /diver chat, where in the event of an incident where a body in the hicktown swamp is unrecoverable or in the event of a weapon used in a crime being stuck in the ocean, Police and Emergency services can call the diver to recover the article that they cannot themselves recover.
- Divers will get a jeep wrangler as there vehicle for responding to government /diver calls.
- Divers will have full Kevlar diving suits making them immune to hicktown pirahnas.

Drug dealer quests:
These "Quests" will see you become a drugs runner for the Paralake big man Doug Diller. You will be given a "package" that you must deliver to the NPC in exchange for cash similar to what you get from the bank robbery, or alternatively, rough diamonds (I like this idea better) , which must be given to the drug dealer in return for cash. You won't be given a direct location of which NPC to deliver it to, but you'll get clues via text and will have 15 minutes to Find the NPC in question. Selecting the wrong NPC Gives them a 25% chance of saying "Drugs? I'm calling the police!" In which the police will receive a notification Via 911 that a person is carrying drugs. Police can seize both the package and the rough diamonds upon searching you. Alternatively, the quest might be to pick up drugs from an NPC and return them to the Drug dealer in return for cash. If you get mugged and drop the diamonds, then the mugger can sell the rough diamonds to the drug dealer NPC under the "You buying?" option, for about half the price that the runner would get from handing them in after the quest.

Just a few quick fire idea's lads, let me know what you think!

EDIT: I have edited parts of this post since I made it, All edited additions will be in italics.

Last edited:
Reaction score
@Slayerduck If you aren't playing by rules for a year then you start to forget them, many of us went to other servers or FiveM, Arma etc. I'm not stating we have done anything major since last year, we've been back for a week. We are asking for constructive criticism not just "you guys kill the server" - "staff abuse for u".

Reaction score
@Husky That's all fine and dandy, i got no problem with you roaming the server and being not-so-good roleplayers. I'm actually serious here, i don't care. Like i said in previous replies my problem lies with the fact that its unacceptable for staff to be this inconsistent and hypocrite by joining the org then claiming their primary goal is to cripple big org's. This is especially a problem in later hours with 30 people online, got fuck all to do. I also didn't say you specially kill the server, its a problem with the fact its one big nasty orgy right now and no competition.

Last edited:
Reaction score
@Slayerduck This is exactly what we are trying to fix and the reason we kicked quite a few members today, although I agree it may seem odd by staff stating they want to put a cap on orgs yet joining us I don't see it as a huge issue. There's been far bigger orgs in the past and we only have 6-7 active members currently within the org. All constructive criticism is welcomed, the issue is drugs are insane right now. I'm abusing the system also until its fixed, got a P1, Zonda and half way to an Enzo in a week. Seems a tad weird to me that its that easy.

Reaction score
@Daigestive @Al Capone @Sossa @Pusheen @Saint Wylde @Ethan @Mage @nade @Husky

I'm going to try and address all of the marksmanship and recoil comments in one message, instead of replying to individual posts.

Firstly, I want to make it clear that I don't think the current state of marksmanship and recoil is perfect, and that there is much to be improved around it. I also don't think there is any debate about the concept of having a skill that you can level, the issue is more around the perks that it gives you.

It is important to think creatively about solutions, instead of just asking somebody to press the undo button, which is often much more complicated than you would expect. I recently denied the 5.56 threads (among a dozen other threads) as I had reached a decision about how to deal with the problem*. I'm going to outline my thoughts here.

For marksmanship, one option would be to only give non-combat related advantages instead of adjusting your recoil and such. For example, making it easier to craft weapons or simply some cosmetic changes. However, the risk there is that it becomes something that nobody really cares about because the benefits aren't very useful at all. Alternatively it could be a non-shooting related mechanic such as movement speed or time to pick up a weapon.

For recoil, the commonly stated option is to simply revert some of the balance changes that were made here. This really is a too simplistic way of approaching the problem, as it doesn't take into the account that a very large number of variables were changed in one batch, and a considerable number of related ones have been changed since then. If we were to just reset the numbers of the 5.56 weapons, there will be an unknown number of side effects that can be avoided by simply analysing the problem from an agnostic approach. It also won't address any other balance issues exist in the weaponry setup.

Therefore, I decided that I would complete a full review of all of the variables around the shooting mechanics and create a proposal to balance all of the variables. After this, I shall discuss it with various people from the staff and development team and create a test whatever solution I come up with on a development server.

After consideration of this thread, I may also invite some community members to see the changes for their opinions. These will be selected from those who have responded constructively to this thread and other threads in the suggestions forum.

I shall briefly outline the problems I'm expecting consider. There may be more that I come across once I have started.
  • The spread of a shotgun should only be effective at shorter ranges
  • The recoil from burst fire mode should be viable compared to automatic mode
  • There should be a clear trade-off of performance vs. cost for all firearms and attachments, e.g.
    • There should be scenarios where it is justified to use a cheaper firearm for different performance levels
    • There shouldn't be a scenario where a cheaper firearm performs better than a more expensive one
  • There should be a negative impact of jumping shortly before shooting, instead of just during
  • The impact of crouching on weapon performance currently has a major flaw
  • Levelling marksmanship is currently not difficult, it is just slow, expensive and boring
  • There should be an incentive to level marksmanship
  • A new player should be capable of winning a firefight against another player with maximum marksmanship
  • Each type of firearm should be superior to all others for a certain set of scenarios, e.g.
    • A rifle should beat a pistol at long range
    • A pistol should beat a sniper rifle at short range
As you can see, there is a lot to consider here, some of which have been mentioned in various threads, but several of which that have not. Therefore, I don't expect any solution to quickly appear, but it there is a lot to be gained from thinking through the entire problem, than rushing to quick-fixes that make other problems worse.

I don't know how much traction this message will get, but I may not have time to reply to everyone who responds to it. I'll happily reply to anyone who raises any new factors to consider though.

* It's worth noting that most threads in the open suggestions forums fall into the category of "This could be done, but requires some thought and development effort"

Reaction score
With all due respect is it not worth reverting and then making adjustments? I'd personally like to be apart of the beta testing of recoils as someone who originally proposed the change and who is currently fighting for the old way. Something certainly needs to be done soon

Reaction score
Seems good to me, any chance you could have a look at some of the basic ideas on this thread and tell me what you think?

Reaction score
Its understandable to give players something to grind for, but at the same time the current marksmanship system gives more experienced users a strong advantage over new players, which again, is understandable and gives people something to grind for, but at the same time people who have more experience with First Person Shooters already have an advantage over others, yet if said person is an experienced FPS player but not an experienced PERPheads player, they're likely going to lose to people they'd absolutely destroy on games like Arma 3 or Battlefield 4 where the shooting is intended to be both realistic and fun from a gameplay perspective similar to how the gunplay on PERP is supposed to be. The current system doesn't entirely need changing in my opinion but at the same time the current system creates a moral dilemma so I'm going to be honest when I say I honestly don't know what the right direction would be to go in regarding the issue of marksmanship.