Community Discussion - What do you want?

Deleted member 4983

@Ethan

I'll forfeit that it was misworded, and I probably meant the economy is not an economy between the players or something along the lines of that, but the fact remains that the economy will not be ruined by an inflated amount of money in the system.
The fact of the matter remains that the inflated amount of money will either dissapear from the economy either by purchases of vehicles or purchases of materials thus stabilising it, prices of items are still fixed and are generated by the supply of money.
When buying materials the money will dissapear and not flow back into the economy.

Nobody is going to keep that 5 mil in their bank when it could be put to much greater use.
I'd much prefer lower gun prices accompanied by lower drug yields or as @John Daymon greater chance for drug loss to occur.
Sometimes I want to be a roadcrew, but this is nearly fucking impossible considering I make fuck all compared to growing drugs.
Also other legal ways to put my money to use.

Yes, removing the cops would be good for criminals but the fact of the matter is that removing the Police would be bad for the Police.
Therefore it is not by definition a good, as I would argue the costs outweigh the benefits.

"I still don't understand how people can demand a reduction in gun prices whilst being able to grow for 4 rifles in 1 hour. The economy is broken.
"
Seems to me like you're making that argument.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 4983

@John Daymon

Same here, had the same car for over 4 years, but in my opinion it has got more fun after I bought a better car and spend my money on guns instead,
I really just regard PERPheads as a shooter like DayZ where it takes some time to get a gun but shooting someone for their gun is what made the server fun for me.

This is probably an opinion @JER @Sorle and I share.

Sadly I can't sustain the purchase of guns + a compensator by working as for example a roadcrew as drugs give you so much more.
Therefore I'd agree with you to lower drug yields or have more chances of drugs failing (rather not have this, because I'm not a big fan of RNG)
accompanied with lower gun prices however, is this something you'd agree with, or not?
Lower drug yields could also make it harder to get a supercar.

Your claim that gun prices would tank after JER would be given 1 trillion dollars isn't correct from my view.
If you don't profit off of it, you don't craft it. If you've crafted it, you can still always put it to use, which would be what would happen more often than not.
Saddest part is the remaining stock from people like Ryzo who crafted a lot of guns who would in the short term see a lot of losses.
But I know people would want 125 firearms so they have to craft.
But it'd be more logical for them to ask if they can craft 50 HK45's for Jericho at 0 percent tax.

Our differences probably stem from what we find most fun.
I think you like reaching a goal set in your mind, correct me if I'm wrong however.
But for me most of the fun still comes from shooting someone in the head, and competition between orgs, hell, the server has been great fun in the last few days for me, fighting with @Husky.
EDIT: I've never been a grindy player, and I prefer having instant gratification over grinding my ass off.

Ayjay

Reaction score
Having less ranks does not make ranks more respected, it makes specific ranks more populated rather than having a good number of people spread out throughout all. I do agree (somewhat) with improving definitions of responsibilities expected from Officers at certain positions, however a re-structure isn't the way to fix that.

We recently changed the process of becoming a Senior Officer. We believe that it is important for Officers who want to progress in the department have somewhere to start, and those who do not (or who are just starting their career) can stay as Officer and not be subject to activity requirements. Previously (before this change), sections were overpopulated with a mix of people with varying commitments to the department. Now we have smaller, more manageable sections where Section Supervisors can assist with the progression and development of our Senior Officers. There's plenty of others reasons for this change, but distinguishing this is certainly one of the most important factors.

I do plan on introducing more responsibilities for Senior Officers, allowing for the 'Senior' part of their name to be a little more reasonably applicable (re-naming it isn't really on the cards, the coinage made sense on it's inception). Senior does seem appropriate considering they are the next rank in the chain following Officer (making it automatically Senior to the rank previous)

Hope this helped.

Reaction score
Yeah, it did help.

I'd still like to see fewer ranks rather than more. I just don't feel like there is a need to have AC/SSG - 1st of all Assistant Chief has been empty for quite a bit & Staff Sergeant is that really a necessary rank was more my point.

However, I must lay flat and agree with your points. - Still, think you should consider the removal of those ranks - but I will respect the decision nevertheless.

Thanks for a quick and detailed answer!

Reaction score
People have grinded for so long for cars, guns and so on, so some people are going to be against this idea. I also like this idea because there is nothing to grind for any more as most people already got it. A hard reset would be nice.

Reaction score
if the prices were so low my g, there wouldn't be anything that you would need to grind for, you would grow for example a few periods at a time and you got yourself a Tesla Model S.

Deleted member 4983

Don't like the grind at all, could be fun if accompanied by an entirely player run economy.

Reaction score
I think property prices should be reduced significantly, and to compensate for the price decrease, there should be hourly rates that you pay for using a property.

For instance right now, if I were to use office for, lets suppose, 10 minutes, I would have to pay the full $20,000 or so. The actual usage of that property and the time that I spend using it is hardly worth the money. On the other hand, somebody can sit in office for an extended of period time throughout the day, and make almost 30x the money that he paid for the property.

So maybe like I said, we could reduce the overall price, add some sort of hourly rent that you have to pay, and if you can't afford it, maybe the cops are able to evict you? I dunno.

Reaction score
@Mage Cops coming to evict you due to not paying rent could actually be an interesting mechanic. I'm not sure how often it would actually happen if it automatically came from your bank account.

It definately would get rid of issues of people buying up lots of properties and then not using them. I admit that I'm guilty of this myself, and it may end up draining my bank balance!

Deleted member 4983

@TinySlayer Question regarding player owned economy, if this were implemented, wouldn't it be better to wait for sAndBox? Unless you guys aren't planning to port it.

Reaction score
Maybe once organization bank accounts finally become functional, the payments could be withdrawn from that account, this would make it so that people actually utilize the org bank accounts, and there is still the risk of not paying the rent if you forget to transfer the money. If you are not in an organization I guess it would default back to your bank account, or maybe you would have to go and pay in person at the bank every hour or so. That way either people have the responsibility of ensuring there is enough money in their organization bank account, or they are forced to actually leave their base to pay their rent at the bank instead of just AFK money farming.

Reaction score
@NeluDaHunter There is little point making any assumptions about the future regarding S&box.
  • There is no confirmation of a timeframe it will be released in, or if it will ever be released.
  • The development team behind it is also extremely small, so it could still easilly just vanish.
  • There is little to no information about how anything will work beyond "UE4 with C# and HTML addons"

Deleted member 6228

You can't have anymore accessible buildings while still maintaining any sort of performance. Source is at its limit with the map as it is

Reaction score
I was thinking about making a discussion and suggestion thread for this but there should be a system to promote roleplaying and passiverp.

Sure, we have roleplay but as in form of police only. Let people be creative and do stuff as a civilian, as of right now it's not very encouraging at all as you at least get a paycheck as cop. To be honest @rogue is the only one I've seen actually do stuff, I'm not doing anything because it's not at a very interesting state at the moment. When I tried it people really don't bother with you and just ignore you as I've witnessed several times before. God sakes, we're a serious roleplay server, when I joined I first expected PERP to be on the level of HL2RP but it's just cops and robbers aimed to make the most money thanks to drugs and cars with a bunch of orange skids like @Husky (lmao)
If I remember right, CW HL2RP doesn't have any of these benefits and/or rewards but in order to actually get people to do something this is a start at the very least.

They may get some perks but will be stripped if they show no more interest in participating or creating any roleplay situations e.g. higher prop limit even if they participate in criminal activities, money awards that can be held every 1-3 months via community vote with proper video footage (or chosen by SA to prevent vote manipulation), forum awards or ranks as a form of recognition of peoples achievements. Just some examples I can think of.